Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q&A thread - Your Questions Answered! **no chat**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Hematocyte

Q: Is there any site that gives a history of WWE ppv buy numbers?

I'm looking for something like this (http://www.2xzone.com/wwe/buyrates.shtml) only with more up to date records (and preferably actually buy numbers if possible).

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

In general what is a WWE show like if you dont have the greatest of seats? is it still worth going to live? obviously they are worth doing if you havent before (and id say the majority of the group who could be going woulf be in that situation) etc but is there a big drop in how you would rate the experience?

I may be able to get my hands on some tickets for their trip to Munich saturday week, but the tickets on offer to me are at best J4 and although I know the layout (Below) I've never been to the Olympiahalle so don't know exactly how far away / close those might be (def not near the ring though).

olympiahalle-munich-dg.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,027 ✭✭✭✭cena

I have that t shirt lads

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Was The Patriot Del Wilkes any good? Was he ever considered a top talent in WWF or elsewhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Omackeral wrote: »
    Was The Patriot Del Wilkes any good? Was he ever considered a top talent in WWF or elsewhere?

He had been fairly big in Japan, and also in wCw, where he teamed with Marcus "Buff" Bagwell, prior to coming into the WWF. I quite enjoyed his feud with Bret Hart, and will always remember him as being the first to use the entrance theme that Kurt Angle later got - "you suck!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

In general what is a WWE show like if you dont have the greatest of seats? is it still worth going to live? obviously they are worth doing if you havent before (and id say the majority of the group who could be going woulf be in that situation) etc but is there a big drop in how you would rate the experience?

I've in the nosebleed seats and corporate box seats several times and didn't think there was much if any difference in the experience

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I've always wondered this. Triple H's "My Time" entrance - why were there THREE lights?

1379790_686870757999195_1393649637_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Triple H, Chyna and his ego?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,833 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Triple H, Chyna and his ego?

HHH, Chyna and his shovel?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

jaykhunter wrote: »
    I've always wondered this. Triple H's "My Time" entrance - why were there THREE lights?

I remember him wheeling out Vince in a wheelchair doing that entrance. It was...ah feck it, it was awesome

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

jaykhunter wrote: »
    When a wrestler wins a belt, a framed replica is sent to their house. So Triple H has a garage full of replica world titles!

I wonder who has the largest array of belts at home? Not just the most or the grand slam, but who has the most different ones, like winning the tag belts when there were two different designs so having two different ones if ya know what I mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,137 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

With the way they refer to real life incidents on tv, have they ever mentioned or made reference to Daniel Bryan's firing over the tie choking since Bryan came back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

CastorTroy wrote: »
    With the way they refer to real life incidents on tv, have they ever mentioned or made reference to Daniel Bryan's firing over the tie choking since Bryan came back?

No and they won't because it'd make the viewer remind themselves why they introduced bans on choking.

Question from me just now, why did Austin win the Rumble in 1997, if they just make a fatal four way match out of it the next month?
    Was there ever a time where they considered him going to Mania that year. Wasn't the plan for Shawn to drop the belt to Bret that year?

GTR63 wrote: »
    Question from me just now, why did Austin win the Rumble in 1997, if they just make a fatal four way match out of it the next month?
    Was there ever a time where they considered him going to Mania that year. Wasn't the plan for Shawn to drop the belt to Bret that year?

Yep except Shawn injured his knee politicked out of it lost his smile.

Funnily enough, the Final 4 PPV didn't even include the final 4 participants from the Rumble. The last four guys were Hart, Vader, Austin and Fake Diesel. Obviously he wasn't gonna draw although they could've debuted him as Kane maybe :P

• Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Yep except Shawn injured his knee politicked out of it lost his smile.

Funnily enough, the Final 4 PPV didn't even include the final 4 participants from the Rumble. The last four guys were Hart, Vader, Austin and Fake Diesel. Obviously he wasn't gonna draw although they could've debuted him as Kane maybe :P

I think the Final 4 was because Austin eliminated Taker, Vader, and Bret after sneaking back in or maybe Im wrong?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Mesut Ozil

I'm thinking of downloading a few shoots to watch, any recommendations? Which is your favourite shoot?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Mesut Ozil wrote: »
    I'm thinking of downloading a few shoots to watch, any recommendations? Which is your favourite shoot?

Anything with Raven is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Anything with Jim Cornette, mainly the stuff with Kayfabe Commentaries. He HATES Kevin Dunn and it's hilarious. Most of the Kayfabe Commenataries stuff is good too.

The Dudleys RF Video shoot was alright.

Best one I have ever seen is still the Kayfabe Commentaries one where they have Jim Cornette book the Invasion angle.

Good few clips here: http://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/1p4d9l/whats_your_favorite_jim_cornette_story_or_rant/

Anything with Jim Cornette, mainly the stuff with Kayfabe Commentaries. He HATES Kevin Dunn and it's hilarious. Most of the Kayfabe Commenataries stuff is good too.

The Dudleys RF Video shoot was alright.

Best one I have ever seen is still the Kayfabe Commentaries one where they have Jim Cornette book the Invasion angle.

Good few clips here: http://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/1p4d9l/whats_your_favorite_jim_cornette_story_or_rant/

I definitely seen at least one Jim Cornette shoot, but I hate those "Timeline: History of etc..." shoots. You have to stare a to screen to read the questions they ask and I don't have to attention span to be staring at one guy for an hour or two.

RF shoots tend to be good even though I can't stand that predator Feinstein. Will someone ever do a shoot with Rob so we can find out what he was up to that day?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Anyone know why joey cabray was released? His gimmick looked interesting and he has been working hard for years...surely he could of been given time when you consider the lengths some have been there....disappointed for the dude myself :(

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Just stumbled across this clip:

Interesting insight on his WWF run.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Just watching the osw review and the rockers split and was just wondering was that a major thing at the time or is it only a major awesome segment since Shawn has gone on to be shawn .

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    Just watching the osw review and the rockers split and was just wondering was that a major thing at the time or is it only a major awesome segment since Shawn has gone on to be shawn .

Fairly major at the time as it was a long running tag team breaking up after teasing it for six months. It was really violent at the time too.

Marty got fired very soon after so the momentum wasn't fully capitalised on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Where does the term "X-Pac heat" come from?

It originated from the Attitude Era where the crowd would boo X-Pac and chant "X-Pac sucks" even though he might be playing the role of a babyface. It lasted for the rest of his WWE career.

It term was coined by Dave Scherer of I think then of 1Wrestling.com and now of PWInsider. It is also referred to as "go away heat" as that is what it refers too. Instead of booing because someone is bad guy it is booing because the crowd just doesn't what to see them full stop.

There's lots of debate whether it actually exists. Even over time people have softened on the idea that it exists - likely due to X-Pac repairing his public image as an internet pariah. X-Pac will tell you that the heat he got was traditional heel heat and points to the "Eddy sucks" chants Eddy Guerrero got in WCW.

Personally I do think it was go away heat as in between an injury the WWE changed dramatically. X-Pac's gimmick was very Russo era of the The Attitude Era - in your face in a suck my balls unsubtle way and his gear was all dark colours. When he was away the product became more vibrant, colourful and less edgy/negative. Your Hardys, Edge & Christain and Kurt Angles rose up the ranks & The Radicals joined. Essentially X-Pac and his presentation went out of fashion and he didn't adjust.

Could be wrong but I think it's from around the time of the Invasion. He was so stale by this point that even WWF fans didn't root for him against Kidman in the Cruiserweight vs L'Heavyweight champions match on the PPV. Most WWF guys were cheered whether face or heel, bar Mr Waltman.

Also. I've heard of Bossman heat too.

There should be Kofi heat.

Could be wrong but I think it's from around the time of the Invasion. He was so stale by this point that even WWF fans didn't root for him against Kidman in the Cruiserweight vs L'Heavyweight champions match on the PPV. Most WWF guys were cheered whether face or heel, bar Mr Waltman.

Also. I've heard of Bossman heat too.

There should be Kofi heat.

Also his Uncle Cracker theme music being nails a chalkboard.

rovert wrote: »
    Also his Uncle Cracker theme music being nails a chalkboard.

Yo Ya Dealing With The X-Factor
    I've got everything i ever wanted and im going to get that back
    Oh! i know you hate X-Factor but you dont have to look at me like that
    I say you aint have to look at me like that

Oh boy it's 123 Kid, Aldo Montoya and Albert!!!!!!

• Advertisement

There should be John Cena heat, too.

Advertisement