Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q&A thread - Your Questions Answered! **no chat**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Hematocyte

Q: Are WWE app poll results actually real?

Logically I presume they're fake (or at least rejigged when they don't get the result they want) but if something like that got out I could imagine it being damaging to the WWE's image even if it is just 'a bit of fun'.

Q: Has Hulk Hogan ever been know to do any 'aerial' moves in his career? Nothing spectacular, even just things like a dropkick or a jump off the top ropes?

I always just associate him with kick, kick, punch, Irish whip, clothesline, bodyslam, leg drop game over etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Hematocyte wrote: »
    Q: Has Hulk Hogan ever been know to do any 'aerial' moves in his career? Nothing spectacular, even just things like a dropkick or a jump off the top ropes?

I always just associate him with kick, kick, punch, Irish whip, clothesline, bodyslam, leg drop game over etc.

Not sure about aerial moves but in Japan he had a very different move set. Remember hearing him in an interview saying he tailored his move set to please the Japanese tastes.

Few matches on YouTube. Most standout move I remember is him busting out a sweet enzuigiri.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I *think* I recall him dropping a double sledge off the top in his WCW days.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Logically I presume they're fake (or at least rejigged when they don't get the result they want) but if something like that got out I could imagine it being damaging to the WWE's image even if it is just 'a bit of fun'.

they are real but the questions are set up in such a way as to only have one outcome. look at the ref poll for hiac as an example.

but the results at noc for the best wwe champion etc blow away any chance of the polls being fake given hogan and sting won while still contracted to tna

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

They are usually one sided, like the recent HIAC referee poll, or fairly unimportant like the match stipulation for Punk vs Ryback on Raw. Anything important is one sided so you vote how they want.

He's done something close, but nothing that would be considered high risk. Triple H's running knee, enzigouri, that sort of stuff.

Hogan was only awful in America, because of how the WWF booked him. He didnt need to expand beyond the basics and fell into that habit for the rest of his career.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,137 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I think I remember one poll for a match, though can't remember what match, where the result was obviously not what they wanted.

Looking on google. Apparently it was Orton was meant to be voted to face Punk but Jericho won the vote
    http://www.cagesideseats.com/2013/2/10/3974424/wwe-app-voting-debacle-caused-chaos-on-monday-night-raw-randy-orton-chris-jericho

Now, though, they seem to be obvious winners from the beginning.

Be interesting to see a poll in which Cena, Punk and Bryan are the choices

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭JrdanB

There was one vote where it was obvious they wanted Evan Bourne vs Sin Cara, but due to a glitch or something it ended up being Evan Bourne Vs Mason Ryan - Mason looked like he won the lotto!

They mentioned either on Smackdown or the next week on Raw that the glitch had accidentally counted votes from the previous poll towards Mason Ryan, and that the people had in fact voted for Sin Cara, at which point they had that match.

So pretty strong evidence that the results are not actually rigged, just heavily weighed towards the 'correct' result.

Although seeing Bob Backlund as the Special Referee would have been sweet

How often has Sting tapped out?

Magnus at BFG. I assume Angle has made him tap at some point. Flair probably did too. Anyone else?
    Plus Bobby Roode at ONO.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Magnus at Bound For Glory.

• Advertisement

Magnus at Bound For Glory.

I edited that in. Shows how much it meant that I forgot it already and only remembered a minute or two after posting :pac:

I have two definites and two probablys.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Why did they stop using Armageddon as a PPV? Not a PG name for a PPV?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Why did they stop using Armageddon as a PPV? Not a PG name for a PPV?

September 11.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

But...they used it way beyond 2001?

Really they've dropped most PPV names at one point or another (apart from the big four of the Royal Rumble, Mania, Summerslam and Survivor Series). It just happens really.

Also, they started using themed PPVs, so that's another probable cause.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

rovert wrote: »
    September 11.

Nah that's why this one was stopped :P

logo-iyh17.jpg

rovert wrote: »
    September 11.

They definitely dropped it in 2001 for Vengeance anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭bobby_says_hi

Yeah that's the reason it wasn't used in 2001. It was used until 2009 where it was just replaced with the TLC PPV. A lot of the older names like Unforgiven, No Mercy, Armageddon, Backlash and Judgement Day got dropped in 2009/2010 to be replaced by gimmick PPVs - Over The Limit being the exception

Q: Are the tag team belts identical (or more precisely do they have any kind of markings/indicators on them eg a number #1 #2 on the back or whatever to tell them apart)?

I guess I mainly wondering when the wrestler lifts the belt are they just likely to be holding either belt at any given time or is a specific one 'theirs'.

Q: Are the people in the floor seats facing the camera for episodes of RAW 'typical' fans or are they some kind of invited guests etc?

I just ask because a lot of them time I note many of them are not even looking at some of the matches. This week I saw one guy playing on his phone in the middle of the match for instance.

Also I note a lot of them seemed more interested in watching the matches from the TitanTron than actually looking at the ring. I get that they'd probably technically get a better view, but still. It would seem to me it'd have been better for them to just stay home and watch it on tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭bobby_says_hi

Celebrity guests usually do get seats in the front row but I suppose they're just fans. If they're playing with the phone then they're probably tweeting or something. Remember at that point they've sat through dark matches and Superstars tapings too

I know that MTV's Wrestling Society X and TNA hired good looking young people to sit in the front row and go crazy over everything. You see those hot girls that are screaming madly whenever the camera's on them? Pretty likely they're plants

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Q: Are the tag team belts identical (or more precisely do they have any kind of markings/indicators on them eg a number #1 #2 on the back or whatever to tell them apart)?

I guess I mainly wondering when the wrestler lifts the belt are they just likely to be holding either belt at any given time or is a specific one 'theirs'.

Well nowadays we have the giant pennies that are identical but the Raw Tag Titles had name plates on them. See below (Actually so did the Smackdown ones come to think of it)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTuqipUbGlY5zXNsJ52BgRLm7XcKlSBIC7-ccIyepIAfs5NxjV9

In the video package for Wrestlemania 3 in WWE 2K14, Jack Tunney's face is blurred out.

Why?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,833 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

In the video package for Wrestlemania 3 in WWE 2K14, Jack Tunney's face is blurred out.

Why?

Don't have rights for his image perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

1. As a guy beaten for the title gets a rematch, if the new champs is beaten before the rematch, is he still entitled to a title match with the new champ?

2. In a handicap match were they have to tag in, is there a different name on this match than a handicap match were all guy are legal in the ring at the same time?

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Hercule

1. for the sake of pushing the right wrestlers I think they will generally fore-go the right to a re-match when this occurs or usually do some sort of work which ends in them getting cheated out of a 1 on 1 rematch - usually culminating in a triple-threat / tables match etc.

2. Tornado Handicap match or Texas Tornado Tag match maybe :S

Kolido wrote: »
    1. As a guy beaten for the title gets a rematch, if the new champs is beaten before the rematch, is he still entitled to a title match with the new champ?

Realistically, he isnt entitled to anything. The rematch clause is a lazy booking tactic that can be easily ignored if it isnt wanted. Chris Sabin is a recent example. He beat Bully for the title, Bully got his rematch. Bully regained the title, Sabin is still yet to have a rematch.

If the title changes hands again, as you describe, chances are they have no interest in a rematch.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭duuuaaaane

Hercule wrote: »
    2. Tornado Handicap match or Texas Tornado Tag match maybe :S

The term 'tornado' in recent years is merely a video game reference. It was used more in the territory days and occasionally used on WWE TV but it's generally just used by the guys who make the game - who aren't WWE.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Its probably been asked in this thread before, so apologizes if has. But why does the WWE not have a cruiser weight division any more? I don't think it is because there is a lack of cruiser weights as i believe a number of wrestlers could fall into this category. There is a lot of guys at the moment, who have no direction in the company so i think the cruiser weight division should be re-instated into the company.

bigron2109 wrote: »
    Its probably been asked in this thread before, so apologizes if has. But why does the WWE not have a cruiser weight division any more? I don't think it is because there is a lack of cruiser weights as i believe a number of wrestlers could fall into this category. There is a lot of guys at the moment, who have no direction in the company so i think the cruiser weight division should be re-instated into the company.

They cant even book the IC and US titles. Adding more titles is just asking for trouble.

Simple answer is the CW title isnt needed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭bigron2109

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    They cant even book the IC and US titles. Adding more titles is just asking for trouble.

Simple answer is the CW title isnt needed.

I see where your coming from and i agree, they haven't booked these titles in a long time which is a shame.

Advertisement