Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q&A thread - Your Questions Answered! **no chat**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

He was a decent wrestler but nothing special. He would have ended up as a jobber based on his in ring ability so being a non-wrestler worked out much better for him. His strong point is easily his talking.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Kolido wrote: »
    Why did the WWE bring Brad Maddox in as an on screen personality rather than a full time wrestler? I believe he wrestled on NXT but I don't watch it.

He never wrestled on NXT to my reckoning.

Apparently Triple H in one of his first visits to developmental just liked the look of him (he is rather handsome) and thought he should be on TV. He was in developmental for ages and fell through the cracks in the system. He is nothing special as a wrestler.

rovert wrote: »

FCW, NXT, all the same when it comes to names.

FCW >>>> NXT when it comes to quality though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Does anyone know what the plans would have been for WM16 if Austin hadn't been injured ? Surely he would have been in the main event, maybe vs HHH or the Rock ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

He did I seen him in the first episode of NXT I watched, wrestling someone from the roster William Regal maybe but I am not sure on that but he definitly did wresle.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭BohsJohnny

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    FCW, NXT, all the same when it comes to names.

FCW >>>> NXT when it comes to quality though.
    Only watch a bit of NXT myself but i would think you are in the minority when it comes to that statement.

BohsJohnny wrote: »
    Only watch a bit of NXT myself but i would think you are in the huge minority when it comes to that statement.

I find 99% of NXT to be over-rated to fcuk.

Overall, FCW was nearly always very entertaining. The likes of Rollins and Sandow every week helped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    I find 99% of NXT to be over-rated to fcuk.

Overall, FCW was nearly always very entertaining. The likes of Rollins and Sandow every week helped.

The NXT fans I find do be mortifying wrestling fan stereotypes

GTR63 wrote: »
    The NXT fans I find do be mortifying wrestling fan stereotypes

I seen one recently who claimed NXT has had easily ten 5 star matches in the last six months.

Along with the usual [random NXT wrestler] is better than everyone in WWE except Bryan and Punk.

Mentally challenged, I think is a good description for people like that. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Does anyone know what the plans would have been for WM16 if Austin hadn't been injured ? Surely he would have been in the main event, maybe vs HHH or the Rock ?

I don't know the answer but seeing as Austin was injured approx 4 months before Mania, they may not have had anything planned yet. Undertaker was also injured. So if neither were injured, my guess would be Austin vs Rock vs Triple H vs Big Show in a 4-way for the WWF Championship, with Linda being in Austin's corner (cringe at the thought!). Then perhaps Undertaker vs Foley in a singles match.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Hematocyte

Q: How come Dublin never gets to be an episode of Monday Night RAW? After seeing the recent UK episodes and the Nashville episode, it seems to me that WWE would probably love to do the the whole "fiddley-dee" Oirish angle for a RAW with shamrocks, pints of Guinness, riverdance, thatched cottages, giant U2 heads etc?

Hematocyte wrote: »
    Q: How come Dublin never gets to be an episode of Monday Night RAW? After seeing the recent UK episodes and the Nashville episode, it seems to me that WWE would probably love to do the the whole "fiddley-dee" Oirish angle for a RAW with shamrocks, pints of Guinness, thatched cottages, giant U2 heads etc?

Much larger potential audience in England than in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭bobby_says_hi

Probably the same reason they never do an episode from Scotland or Wales. They'd just consider it redundant since they already have the UK episodes. I think they're not in Europe long enough to justify doing two weeks' worth of TV from there. Outside of the US and Canada, they've only ever done live episodes from Mexico and Japan

• Registered Users Posts: 11 BigSm0ke

For the TNA fans, Was just wondering if Rampage Jackson , Tito Ortiz and King Mo Lawal were now actively wrestling with the promotion and if so are they any good ?

BigSm0ke wrote: »
    For the TNA fans, Was just wondering if Rampage Jackson , Tito Ortiz and King Mo Lawal were now actively wrestling with the promotion and if so are they any good ?

None of them are active now.

Rampage showed some potential but he and Tito were pulled a few months back.

Rampage, I think, only had the one match and it was with 9 other guys so he had to do very little.

Tito never wrestled and mostly just stood there looking confused.

King Mo was a special referee about two years ago and hasnt appeared since. Never wrestled, but has been training.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 BigSm0ke

thanks for the quick and concise reply!

i always taught Ramapage could do well as a pro-wrestler with his personality!

BigSm0ke wrote: »
    thanks for the quick and concise reply!

i always taught Ramapage could do well as a pro-wrestler with his personality!

About 16:00 is Rampage's big part in TNA, his debut was the only other worthwhile thing he did, but that didnt feature any action. He played it well considering his lack of experience. Tito meanwhile stands on the stage doing nothing. King Mo is nowhere to be seen. I think they forgot he was on the roster at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Legend_DIT

Probably the same reason they never do an episode from Scotland or Wales. They'd just consider it redundant since they already have the UK episodes. I think they're not in Europe long enough to justify doing two weeks' worth of TV from there. Outside of the US and Canada, they've only ever done live episodes from Mexico and Japan

Didn't Santino debut in a Raw broadcast from Italy?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Legend_DIT wrote: »
    Didn't Santino debut in a Raw broadcast from Italy?

yep he did as a "fan in the audience" and it was dubbed the Milan Miracle and he the Milan Marvel iirc.

Though I can't remember them going there more than once for TV.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,321 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

It wasn't live like Mexico, it was taped.

Anyway UK tapings are doing well so no need to move one to Dublin with a smaller venue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Hematocyte

Q: Who comes up with the 'billed heights' for wrestlers and following that why don't they seem to be consistently applied? (ie if a real 6'0 guy is billed as 6'2 shouldn't logically a real 6'1 guy be likewise billed as taller than the " 6'2" " guy?)

For instance, when the Shield an the Wyatt's were trash-talking on the most recent raw I was surprised to see that the smallest Shield member Seth Rollins (billed as 6'1") was clearly taller than Bray Wyatt (billed as 6'3"). Granted this scene might have been a bad angle of course, but all through the bout as the Shield and Wyatt's were standing at the apron Wyatt looked notably shorter than all the Shield members from what I could tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

It'd be creative, coming up with names, gimmick and gimmicked height/weight and hometown if need be. Vince/Trips would have final say.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,321 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Is JTG still around in WWE?

Where is Otunga?

What about Sin Cara, Curt Hawkins, Brodus Clay, Christian, Justin Gabriel, Zeke and in NXT Ritchie Steamboat

DM-ICE wrote: »

Where is Otunga?

What about Sin Cara, Curt Hawkins, Brodus Clay, Christian, Justin Gabriel, Zeke and in NXT Ritchie Steamboat

JTG is still employed but has only been on TV something like twice this year. He hasnt won a match in something like four years either.

Brodus Clay is still floating around. Christian is seemingly always injured but is "due back" soon. Steamboat, last I heard, was also injured.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Where is Otunga?

The ones I can answer with a decent amount of certainty:

Zeke had a bicep and quad tear back to back. Both are known as steroid injuries.

Richie suffered a very serious back injury and just had a hail mary surgery.

Hawkins, JTG, Brodus, Gabriel are probably at every TV taping eating catering.

Christian is hurt but I don't know why.

Otunga disappeared during the the trial of s Jennifer Hudson's families's murder not compassionate grounds. I believe he does PR work for WWE now in an office position.

I believe Sin Cara is not hurt just they aren't using him. Meltzer shirts sold well among kids on the European tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Hematocyte wrote: »
    Q: Who comes up with the 'billed heights' for wrestlers and following that why don't they seem to be consistently applied? (ie if a real 6'0 guy is billed as 6'2 shouldn't logically a real 6'1 guy be likewise billed as taller than the " 6'2" " guy?)

For instance, when the Shield an the Wyatt's were trash-talking on the most recent raw I was surprised to see that the smallest Shield member Seth Rollins (billed as 6'1") was clearly taller than Bray Wyatt (billed as 6'3"). Granted this scene might have been a bad angle of course, but all through the bout as the Shield and Wyatt's were standing at the apron Wyatt looked notably shorter than all the Shield members from what I could tell.

wyatt was listed 6'3 in college football http://troytrojans.com/roster.aspx?path=football&rp_id=1511

some wrestling billings are daft though like kurt angle getting billed 6'2 in wwe or kane 7ft, angle was listed 5'10 in the olympics, kane 6'8 in college basketball..he even describes himself as 6'8 in interviews

Where is Otunga?

gabriel was on mainevent last week and had a good match with tyson kidd. christian hasn't returned since his concussion

cara, clay, hawkins or jtg were not on the european tour which doesn't bode well for any of them especially when you consider they flew ricardo over to work a dark match (under a hood) before sd with brad maddox and flew him back home again right after

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Christian is hurt but I don't know why.

Wasn`t the last one a concussion, from the title match with ADR iirc

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Does anybody know how the pay system works on WWE for house shows and TV, extras to the downside payment. I know JR used to run this back in the day when he was VP of talent relations. Johnny Ace apparently was moved from this duty swiftly as he wasn't good with figures. :pac:

Is it a percentage on the gate or a set fee?

I think that PPV's payoffs are usually calculated differently, buyrates etc.

I

Does anybody know how the pay system works on WWE for house shows and TV, extras to the downside payment. I know JR used to run this back in the day when he was VP of talent relations. Johnny Ace apparently was moved from this duty swiftly as he wasn't good with figures. :pac:

Is it a percentage on the gate or a set fee?

I think that PPV's payoffs are usually calculated differently, buyrates etc.

I

I think that sort of stuff is only done for PPV's. It would be a nightmare to do for every single show. Likely just done on a base weekly/monthly pay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Deadlie

Other than Austin having his neck broken by Owen, were there any other major Attitude Era injuries as a result of in ring activity?

Advertisement