Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q&A thread - Your Questions Answered! **no chat**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭LOTD

does Court Bauer really have all these contacts in wwe? He wants to come across as the foremost authority on all things wrestling but there's an awful smell of spooferism off him. Maybe im wrong and someone can enlighten me as to whether this fella is legit or robbing a living.

He was a writer for the WWE for a few years. He has been involved in wrestling for over 15 years or more, be it the WWE and the Indies. He seems to be well liked and respected, otherwise I don't think he would be working in the capacity he is and with the people he is working with.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭bobby_says_hi

I remember reading somewhere that the draft results were kept from the performers so they'd get their proper reactions. Hell it was probably on this thread a few pages back

• Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

When did HBK first use the super kick as his finisher, wasn't it around the time Diesel came in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Kolido wrote: »
    When did HBK first use the super kick as his finisher, wasn't it around the time Diesel came in?

Think it was before that. I seem to remember him "tuning up the band" at Mania 9 Vs Tatanka but I could be wrong, it's a couple of years since I saw that match.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,321 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I think so. Used a superkick as far back as the rockers (they used a double superkick I think) but didn't use it as a finisher from the start of his singles career.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Ah ok, maybe I was thinking about when he started calling in sweet chin music

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

He first started using a back suplex as his finisher iirc.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

beakerjoe wrote: »
    He first started using a back suplex as his finisher iirc.

Twas a side Suplex. I remember playing Super Wrestlemania on the Mega drive and his being one of the only finishers I couldn't perform

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

He had the piledriver after that then he moved to the superkick.

Against the future Headbanger Thrasher.

Obviously he couldn't side suplex and piledrive everyone.

rovert wrote: »
    He had the piledriver after that then he moved to the superkick.

Against the future Headbanger Thrasher.

Obviously he couldn't side suplex and piledrive everyone.

a follow up question with that clip ?

What on earth was Nash wearing ? :eek:

Also remember when it was a big deal to be a 3 time Intercontinental champ.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

a follow up question with that clip ?

What on earth was Nash wearing ? :eek:

Ya I know I was thinking it was brother love from a distance in the white suit ha ha!!

A hold over from his WCW Vinnie Vegas character I guess.

I though it was Michaels entrance attire from 96 at first glance

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Noticed during the final Raw segment just how easy title reigns are given out now. Triple H, Orton and Cena all had more title reigns by themselves than Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels had combined. Orton is actually level, but I'm guessing he wins on Sunday. Alternativly, leave out Bret's WCW reigns and just count WWF/E and Orton is ahead already.

Its shocking when you think of it like that along with the fact that Orton and Cena will be around for a long time yet. Maybe it will change with one champion instead of two. Guys like Dolph, Christian and Rey are the Scott Halls and Mr Perfects of the modern era and only got the secondary titles, which in todays standing would be the equivalent of the IC title back in the early 90's. On star power, Hall and Henning are all above the 3 above mentioned guys during their height of fame.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,954 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Right, since we have a mention of Ziggler and superkicks in the same thread:

Was there ever any reason why Dolph was given and stripped of a the super kick as a finisher in the span of about 2 months?

He decked Orton with it at Survivor Series, finished Cena with it at TLC, it became lower-signature move by January, and come April, gone out of rotation completely.

I invested a lot in it, considering its ties to HBK and that, in adopting it, gave that bit of pizzazz to his moveset that the Zig-Zag just doesn't get near; basically, symbolizing his ascension to the upper-card. I mean, yes, he's been deemphasized in the last 7 months, but the dropping of the superkick predates it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Mr.Saturn wrote: »

Was there ever any reason why Dolph was given and stripped of a the super kick as a finisher in the span of about 2 months?

He decked Orton with it at Survivor Series, finished Cena with it at TLC, it became lower-signature move by January, and come April, gone out of rotation completely.

I invested a lot in it, considering its ties to HBK and that, in adopting it, gave that bit of pizzazz to his moveset that the Zig-Zag just doesn't get near; basically, symbolizing his ascension to the upper-card. I mean, yes, he's been deemphasized in the last 7 months, but the dropping of the superkick predates it.

Ya, I miss this too. Remember he had the sleeper too, which was played up to be his big finish. Took Khali out with it.

I hate the Zig Zag though, it's a horrible move.

Mr.Saturn wrote: »

Was it even 2 months, remember using it a few times. Suited him too

Maybe Hunter took it off him maybe because of the shawn likeness. Always assumed that they took the perfection music off Dolph because of the Mr Perfect similarities.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

now that the someone got my last one in the Who am I thread I can ask this...

Was there any story behind Mark Jindrak's WWE exit?

He was highly rated and almost in Evolution, then paired up with Kurt Angle, following which he was working with The Undertaker then turned face got drafted to Raw and then simply disappeared and left the WWE from my recollection.

Now he is doing very well for himself in Mexico it would seem under the name Marco Corleone

now that the someone got my last one in the Who am I thread I can ask this...

Was there any story behind Mark Jindrak's WWE exit?

He was highly rated and almost in Evolution, then paired up with Kurt Angle, following which he was working with The Undertaker then turned face got drafted to Raw and then simply disappeared and left the WWE from my recollection.

Now he is doing very well for himself in Mexico it would seem under the name Marco Corleone

Think he was just missed used, he suffered being paired with Luther Reigns and id say the booking team just didn't have anything for him

Seems like it could be a missed opportunity for the E

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,954 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Was it even 2 months, remember using it a few times. Suited him too

Maybe Hunter took it off him maybe because of the shawn likeness. Always assumed that they took the perfection music off Dolph because of the Mr Perfect similarities.

Last clear memory I have of it was vs Cena on New Year's Raw. It should've been sign of things to come, as Cena kicked out, and the move hadn't been established enough at that point for such a kick-out to be worth anything. I also have vaguer notion of it being in the Rumble, but beyond that, boomph! gone.

Big Show was even on the Rosenberg show talking about it, that it was some sort of unanimous decision to let Dolph have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,054 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Why did Hogan have a black eye at wrestlemania 9 and when watching wwe DVDs of old matches why when they go to an ad break is there no footage? Fair enough when live you need ad breaks but surely the cameras rolled during the ads

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Why did Hogan have a black eye at wrestlemania 9 and when watching wwe DVDs of old matches why when they go to an ad break is there no footage? Fair enough when live you need ad breaks but surely the cameras rolled during the ads

There is an urban myth that Savage punched Hogan either believing Elizabeth was sleeping with Hulk or over Hulk and Linda Hogan persuading Elizabeth to divorce Randy.

The real story or what is held as the real story is a jet ski accident.

rovert wrote: »
    There is an urban myth that Savage punched Hogan either believing Elizabeth was sleeping with Hulk or over Hulk and Linda Hogan persuading Elizabeth to divorce Randy.

The real story or what is held as the real story is a jet ski accident.

That's what they want you to think ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

This match came up on my Recommended Videos on YouTube this morning. I wasn't keeping up with PW then, so I watched it this morning. Sheamus v Cena for the WWE Title @ TLC 2009.

What was the story with the finish? It was horrible.

a) Was it botched or just bad booking?

b) Was there any significance to Cena taking a piece from the table after the match?

It was a way to beat Cena without having him beaten clean via pinfall or submission.

Some people think Orton will win on Sunday for that same reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

Horrible way for Sheamus to win his first title I would think.

I like Sheamus, but is there any particular reason he was given the title from Cena after only 2 months on TV (according to the commentary).

Was he hugely over as a heel? Was he involved in backstage shenanigans? Did WWE think he would be a main eventer for longer than he was?

Sorry for all the questions!

Jason Todd wrote: »
    Horrible way for Sheamus to win his first title I would think.

I like Sheamus, but is there any particular reason he was given the title from Cena after only 2 months on TV (according to the commentary).

Was he hugely over as a heel? Was he involved in backstage shenanigans? Did WWE think he would be a main eventer for longer than he was?

Sorry for all the questions!

Well he suited the WWE big man look and in fairness he is talented. He wasnt that over but the win against Cena was supposed to do just that, Shay unfortunately didnt relate well to the audience at the time.

Heard he was a work out buddy with Hunter which may have helped him get his push.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Hematocyte

Q: Is the black padded 'corridor' area around the ring larger than usual for a TLC match/event?

I might have been misjudging it, but it seemed like there was lots of room for maneuver for Cena/Orton during the TLC match on Sunday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Hematocyte

Q: Can someone explain the basics of veterans coming back to WWE for a few months run.

I'm not speaking about guys like The Rock or the Undertaker coming back in order to help sell PPVs, I'm more interested in guys like for example Christian who came back this year and toured solidly for two months but then just disappeared again.

Does the wrestler himself work in the knowledge that his is just a short-term run for a couple of months or is something that it's a case of 'let's see how it goes'.

Basically what is the background/purpose of these runs?

Advertisement