Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q&A thread - Your Questions Answered! **no chat**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Antonio Cesaro and Derrick Bateman working security on Raw a few years ago

1e5qv.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Hematocyte

Is that Ethan Carter III beside Cesaro?

Hematocyte wrote: »
    Is that Ethan Carter III beside Cesaro?

Yep, also known as Derrick Bateman on NXT.

Here's Sheamus doing security goon at a London show.

PS5qMYr.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 33,815 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Kolido wrote: »
    Apart from DDP and Punk, has anyone else featured as an extra at a ppv before they made a name for them selves in the WWE?

I think the Hardy Boys were in King of the Ring 1996 opening and closing the door which was part of the stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

Kennedy was in a segment with lesnar once. Think punk was the other guy there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭duuuaaaane

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Taker pic

It's him. He talked about this when he did interveiws pre-WWE.

Omackeral wrote: »
    Sheamus/Bateman as security

I remember this - he took a Pedigree too that night.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Hematocyte

Q: Who are the legit toughest fighters in the WWE today?

For instance I read that back in the 80's Haku was the guy in the locker room, that he actually gouged another wrestlers eye out and also bit the nose off another guy barroom brawl who called wrestling 'fake'. Basically he developed a rep such that none of the other wrestlers would even say boo to him.

So who would be todays 'Haku' (if not as violent then at least the one that all the other guys would know not to mess with)?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Q: Who are the legit toughest fighters in the WWE today?

For instance I read that back in the 80's Haku was the guy in the locker room, that he actually gouged another wrestlers eye out and also bit the nose off another guy barroom brawl who called wrestling 'fake'. Basically he developed a rep such that none of the other wrestlers would even say boo to him.

So who would be todays 'Haku' (if not as violent then at least the one that all the other guys would know not to mess with)?

Brock Lesnar?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Besides Lesnar, who'd murder almost everyone in the entire world, Jack Swagger and Dolph Ziggler. It sounds silly considering how they're booked on screen but both are accomplished amateur wrestlers. Del Rio would be up there as well with an amateur wrestling and MMA (9-5) background.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Besides Lesnar, who'd murder almost everyone in the entire world, Jack Swagger and Dolph Ziggler. It sounds silly considering how they're booked on screen but both are accomplished amateur wrestlers. Del Rio would be up there as well with an amateur wrestling and MMA (9-5) background.

I have an incredibly hard time buying Dolph Ziggler could kick anybodies ass. Amateur wrestling is very different than a legit fight.

Apart from Summer Rae and Classy Dancer Lady (the brunette last seen on the Raw after WrestleMania 29 ), has Fandango had any other valets?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    I have an incredibly hard time buying Dolph Ziggler could kick anybodies ass. Amateur wrestling is very different than a legit fight.

That's all well and good but if a national quality amateur wrestler takes joe soap down there isn't much joe soap could do to get back up.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Apart from Summer Rae and Classy Dancer Lady (the brunette last seen on the Raw after WrestleMania 29 ), has Fandango had any other valets?

I only ever remember those 2

There's been 2-3 others that only lasted a week between those two - I'll try find something concrete.

Anyone ordered from both WWE's Euroshop? What's the tee quality like? Last time I ordered there the tees weren't that nice cotton but it's been many years.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Anyone know or remember how HBK ended up headstanding, in the post kudler has put up on the funny wrestling pics thread? the-dar-409.jpg?w=919&h=306

• Registered Users Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

fandango has had 3 dancers on tv but more at live shows

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Has anyone been accidentally eliminated from the Rumble? and is there a backup plan if it ever happens? Are guys told who to eliminate on the fly or given a specific time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

During the WWE version of ECW, did Triple H and/or Vince sit at the Gorilla Position, like they do for the WWE shows, or was someone else left to help run ECW?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

krudler wrote: »
    Has anyone been accidentally eliminated from the Rumble? and is there a backup plan if it ever happens? Are guys told who to eliminate on the fly or given a specific time

The match is meticulously layed out before hand so everyone knows who/when they eliminate or get eliminated. Remember a few years ago Alex Riley got eliminated before he was meant to be, it didn't effect the match too much though, they still had Cena get eliminated with the help of Miz at ringside.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Menelaun

Why is one of Flair's US title reigns not recognized?

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Anyone know or remember how HBK ended up headstanding, in the post kudler has put up on the funny wrestling pics thread? the-dar-409.jpg?w=919&h=306

He came off the top and Sid hit him with a boot and Michaels bumped around, wouldn't call it a headstand, it lasted less than a second and was just part of Michaels' reaction.

GTR63 wrote: »
    The match is meticulously layed out before hand so everyone knows who/when they eliminate or get eliminated. Remember a few years ago Alex Riley got eliminated before he was meant to be, it didn't effect the match too much though, they still had Cena get eliminated with the help of Miz at ringside.

Ah ok, cos there's definitely been a few times where it looked like guys came close to being eliminated and barely stayed in the ring, I know that's the idea anyway but was always wondering if anyone tried a near elimination spot and fell out. Like Kofi, surely his crazy avoiding touching the floor thing every year is accounted for if he botches it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I'd imagine it is, like the year with the chair hop I don't think he actually got back into the ring after he hopped over before he was eliminated properly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭takamichinoku

So I've heard some people say that Punk is under no obligation to do anything for WWE as he's already received his guaranteed money for the year and anything else is just bonus. Does this mean that the whole roster, provided they've already fulfilled the guaranteed number of dates mentioned in their contract, can just **** off with absolutely no notice and WWE can do nothing about it?

So I've heard some people say that Punk is under no obligation to do anything for WWE as he's already received his guaranteed money for the year and anything else is just bonus. Does this mean that the whole roster, provided they've already fulfilled the guaranteed number of dates mentioned in their contract, can just **** off with absolutely no notice and WWE can do nothing about it?

I'd imagine there's a lot WWE wrestlers could stiff the company for if they wanted to considering they're contractors not actually employees. It's mental that the guy sweeping the arena after a Raw probably more benefits and job security than a WWE star.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Has Challenge quietly dropped WrestleTalk TV?
    Hasn't been on in ages, the longer it was on the more it was annoying me tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

It came across very low budget. The guy with the beard got a few decent interviews, but I was never a fan of the show overall, the host really bugged me. A smug little smarky bollox..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

It reminded me of wrestling show from the 90s... Weeks/months behind currently storylines aswell

Advertisement