Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q&A thread - Your Questions Answered! **no chat**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

So I've heard some people say that Punk is under no obligation to do anything for WWE as he's already received his guaranteed money for the year and anything else is just bonus. Does this mean that the whole roster, provided they've already fulfilled the guaranteed number of dates mentioned in their contract, can just **** off with absolutely no notice and WWE can do nothing about it?

Punk is a big enough star to get away with it. If Evan Bourne, for example, tried it he would be out the door and blacklisted. A very small number of people would get away with it. Punk, Cena, Orton, Bryan, Batista, Lesnar, maybe Big Show and Mysterio.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

rossie1977 wrote: »
    fandango has had 3 dancers on tv but more at live shows

So who else was there apart from Summer Rae and Classy Dancer Lady from his debut til Mania season? I've never see her :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Omackeral wrote: »
    So who else was there apart from Summer Rae and Classy Dancer Lady from his debut til Mania season? I've never see her :(

You do not "see" Classy Dancer Lady, you behold her, in all her glory, and weep that the gods have seen fit to allow you to look upon such majesty and elegance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭takamichinoku

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Punk is a big enough star to get away with it. If Evan Bourne, for example, tried it he would be out the door and blacklisted. A very small number of people would get away with it. Punk, Cena, Orton, Bryan, Batista, Lesnar, maybe Big Show and Mysterio.
    Oh yeah, I know that, but I mean on purely legal grounds, could any of the regular guys hold them to ransom after they've fulfilled their guaranteed number of dates with no possible legal implications?

Basically, what kind of legal rights do the WWE roster carry as independent contractors?

orestes wrote: »
    You do not "see" Classy Dancer Lady, you behold her, in all her glory, and weep that the gods have seen fit to allow you to look upon such majesty and elegance.

I just called her Fanny-dango.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Has the Rumble winner ever been changed on the fly, or have plans in the Rumble ever changed during the match?

Like, was Roman Reigns always due to be the last exit, or was it seen how the reactions were going and they decided to leave him there for a face off at the death?

Im guessing the answer to my own questions are no.

Also, is it scripted who throws who out and only the main parts of the Rumble are scripted?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Afaik, every entrance and exit is planned down to the finest detail. I know Pat Patterson used to be 100% in charge of the organisation, but don't know if he still is. But yeah, every exit is scripted; every wrestler running in knows who they eliminate and who eliminates them, as well as if there's any big spots they are involved in.

gimmick wrote: »
    Has the Rumble winner ever been changed on the fly, or have plans in the Rumble ever changed during the match?

Like, was Roman Reigns always due to be the last exit, or was it seen how the reactions were going and they decided to leave him there for a face off at the death?

Im guessing the answer to my own questions are no.

Also, is it scripted who throws who out and only the main parts of the Rumble are scripted?

Not sure how true it is, but apparently Bret Hart was supposed to win the Rumble the year Austin re-entered. But, on the pre-show (or whatever) one of the commentators picked Bret to win which was a no-no. As such, they changed it to an Austin win.

Eliminations are all worked out well in advance. It is said to be the most detailed match in wrestling. Everyone knows who is eliminating who and at roughly what time.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Was there any particular reason why the 2011 rumble had 40 entrants?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,832 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Kolido wrote: »

Marketing gimmick. They thought it would drastically boost PPV Sales. It didn't.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Loughc wrote: »
    Marketing gimmick. They thought it would drastically boost PPV Sales. It didn't.

Also a lack of star power and to accommodate all the Nexus lads too.

Nexus and Corre would have taken nearly half of a 30 man Rumble. They needed the extra spots to fit them all in.

I wouldnt be opposed to a 40 man Rumble every 5 years, for the big Wrestlemanias. It would make them stand out from the others if you had to overcome an extra 10 guys to main event.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,137 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Nexus and Corre would have taken nearly half of a 30 man Rumble. They needed the extra spots to fit them all in.

I wouldnt be opposed to a 40 man Rumble every 5 years, for the big Wrestlemanias. It would make them stand out from the others if you had to overcome an extra 10 guys to main event.

Don't mean you for saying this but I always have to laugh when commentators try to emphasise things like this. Like Batista came in at 27(?) and now apparently defeated 29 other superstars to win a title shot at Mania. I'd understand if numbers 1 or 2 win, but when you're in the last few and only a handful of guys are left...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

When Goldberg lost his winning streak in WCW was he still crazy over or was it a very sharp drop off in crowd noise?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

The edge was taken off but he was still the most over character by far up until the company closed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

whatever happened to Tout? Is that still flogged every week on RAW?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,832 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Tinie wrote: »

I literally got an email from tout this evening so it's still working!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Tinie wrote: »

No, they quietly stopped plugging many moons ago in favour of the App and now the WWE Network. It just didn't take off. They used to bring it up every now & then as a "oh my gosh this happened!" segue but they're now App exclusives.

To be fair even if it cost them $5 million, it was a good idea, getting in on the ground floor of potentially the next "twitter". If it took off they'd be sorted for money for decades. Looping video (vine) was more popular and bought by twitter, which killed off anyone else.

Is it just me, or has the App also been pushed to the side since the announcement of the Network?

Is it just me, or has the App also been pushed to the side since the announcement of the Network?

Seems to be about right, WWE tend to push whatever the flavour of the month is and then completely forget about it when something else comes along (remember the first couple of WWE films they released!!!). I can see the Network getting alot of coverage for a lot of time tho.

• Advertisement

Who has kicked out of Del Rio's super kick? The one he used on Raw against Ziggler. I'm sure people have, but I cant think of anyone off the top of my head. Seems like it could be a very strong finisher for him if hardly anyone has kicked out at this stage.

[Justin Roberts Voice] JOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHNNNNN CEEEEEENNNNNAAAAAAA!!!!! [/Justin Roberts Voice]

[Justin Roberts Voice] JOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHNNNNN CEEEEEENNNNNAAAAAAA!!!!! [/Justin Roberts Voice]

That's kind of a given :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

when wrestlers suddenly appear in the ring after a blackout, eg Taker, Wyatts, have they ever been slow getting into position ? like when the lights come back it shows them still getting into position

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭tvercetti

when wrestlers suddenly appear in the ring after a blackout, eg Taker, Wyatts, have they ever been slow getting into position ? like when the lights come back it shows them still getting into position

Not quite what are looking for but I took this picture during the Royal Rumble. Kane had been eliminated quite early. And later on he had sneak into position to eliminate Punk. This was about 10-15 mins before he eliminated Punk so I presume he was heading under the ring.

They waited for a new entrant and the camera panned to the entrance and thats when Kane made his move.

But Bradshaws music hit so they quickly switched to a shot of the anouncers table and there was Kane making a burst for under the ring.

290913.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Does Vince still attend Raw backstage ?

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭gerTheGreat

Does Vince still attend Raw backstage ?

Yes. He sits in the Gorilla Position (just behind the curtain).

Here's a picture of him at this years Tribute to the Troops

BbQhQNaIcAAYrU8.jpg:large

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Why did Shawn Michaels call his Superkick "sweet chin music"?

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Why did Shawn Michaels call his Superkick "sweet chin music"?

Can only assume it's because he's kicking them in the chin?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Can only assume it's because he's kicking them in the chin?

I get that part, but why music? is there a reference im missing?

Advertisement