Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q&A thread - Your Questions Answered! **no chat**

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 433 ✭✭Donegal Dan

Was Taker ever made a substantial offer to go to WCW or elsewhere?

He must be, surely, winner of the "Most loyal wrestler" award as far as WWF/WWE goes. Who else would be a contender for this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

He must be, surely, winner of the "Most loyal wrestler" award as far as WWF/WWE goes. Who else would be a contender for this?

HBK surely?

HBK surely?

Including his "losing his smile" era? ;)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Like him or loathe him, Kane has been around for a very long time. Mark Henry seems to be getting better with age too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

Taker was in WCW in 89/90 and hated itapparently. Then Vince gave him a gimmick where he was rarely booked to lose, he could no-sell signature moves and would be a mainstay at the top of he card. Not a chance he would've traded that in for WCW.

Shawn Michaels was a consistant **** prior to his 2002 return. Taker loathed the guy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

He wouldn't have been able to bring his gimmick with him so that's probably why he never came close to leaving.

HBK was seriously injured during the last three years of WCW. Not saying he would have left anyway but he was pissed off at having to lose to Stone Cold, and with his friend Kevin Nash booking WCW there was a small possibility he could have joined them if he was fit and was offered enough money.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

.......Then Vince gave him a gimmick where he was rarely booked to lose, he could no-sell signature moves and would be a mainstay at the top of he card.

Sounds like Cena!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

From a WCW pov, Sting was very loyal

Omackeral wrote: »
    Sounds like Cena!

Or any main eventer from back from WWE actually knew how to make stars.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Kolido wrote: »
    From a WCW pov, Sting was very loyal

Not just WCW. He was very loyal to TNA too. There for a good ten years when he could have walked into a Wrestlemania match with Undertaker at any time.

RVD in ECW deserves a mention too. He cant have been short of offers but stuck with ECW until the end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

He wouldn't have been able to bring his gimmick with him so that's probably why he never came close to leaving.

Not sure about this. WWE weren't so savvy about trademarking names/gimmicks/moves in the early nineties!

Degag wrote: »
    Not sure about this. WWE weren't so savvy about trademarking names/gimmicks/moves in the early nineties!

What about Razor Ramon and Diesel? The most likely time for Undertaker to leave (when WCW were going all out to get WWE stars) would have been around the same time.

A lot of the other guys who left and took their gimmicks in the early nineties had their characters before they were ever in WWE, from their old territory days so WWE didn't own it. But the Undertaker was undoubtedly a WWE character; no way Vince would have let them use it.

WWF sued WCW over the Hall and Nash invasion angle.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

WWF sued WCW over the Hall and Nash invasion angle.

Kind of an underrated story. One of the supposed reasons why WCW held on to Scott Hall and Mark Madden (who said too much on the WCW hotline) for as long as they did was that both. Could have been vital witnessess against WCW. In settlement of the lawsuit WWF won first refusal on any sale of WCW and well WWF activated that option.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭Pentecost

What about Razor Ramon and Diesel? The most likely time for Undertaker to leave (when WCW were going all out to get WWE stars) would have been around the same time.

A lot of the other guys who left and took their gimmicks in the early nineties had their characters before they were ever in WWE, from their old territory days so WWE didn't own it. But the Undertaker was undoubtedly a WWE character; no way Vince would have let them use it.
    You've reminded me of Fake Razor and Fake Diesel there now. Who were they, Kane /Glenn Jacobs was one of them wasn't he? I realise I could find this on Google but I'm lazy!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Fake Diesel was Kane, fake Razor was a guy called Rick Bognar or something like that.

Did anyone get to the bottom of why WWE dropped Silvervision for Freemantle? I'd read that it was because SV couldn't sell digital downloads but with the Network now these seem pointless. I'd still be up for buying DVDs and blurays if the price was right but Freemantle are crap with no special offers a la SV, their website is a cheap knock off and there's a £3 for orders to here. Since HMVXtravision aren't stocking them and now Silvervision is going out of business it seems like a crappy situation all-round.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

Any reason why second half of RAW was called "War Zone"? back in the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Whatever happened with that Indian promotion that TNA teamed up with? Can't remember the name. All I remember is them sending some talent over to film a few shows and Scott Steiner going mental in the crowd.

Whatever happened with that Indian promotion that TNA teamed up with? Can't remember the name. All I remember is them sending some talent over to film a few shows and Scott Steiner going mental in the crowd.

They ended it after one season due to bad ratings. A lot dont even have electricity.

• Advertisement

mxph3 wrote: »
    It was splitting the show in 2 parts for advertising purposes. The copyright and that still came up at the hour mark when they stopped the "War Zone"/"Raw is War" branding. I think it still comes up at either the hour or 2 hour mark, it did until pretty recently anyway.

It was splitting the show in 2 parts for advertising purposes. The copyright and that still came up at the hour mark when they stopped the "War Zone"/"Raw is War" branding. I think it still comes up at either the hour or 2 hour mark, it did until pretty recently anyway.

I think it comes up for both now.

At the start of 1997 Monday Night Raw was still a one hour show to Nitro's two hours. The ' ECW invasion' Raw was the last American Monday Night Raw, the next week's show was from Europe with Davey Boy/Owen European title match. Then on March 10th they went to two hours with the Titantron. To sex the show up a bit the 2nd hour was called War Zone and was sort of presented as a separate show or like the main event slot. They started the second out with pyro and a separate commentary team. Gradually it was phased out but they continued to reference the show taking place in the War Zone a la TNA's Impact Zone.

The name Raw is War and War zone were done away with after the Sept 11 2001 attacks.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Back in the day based on absolutely nothing I always thought the Warzone was after a watershed of some sort so that 2nd hour could be more extreme

• Registered Users Posts: 40,016 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Wasn't the first hour tv-pg and the second hour tv-14 ? I'm sure that's it or something like that.

Are Main Event and other WWE B shows recorded at Smackdown tapings?

Are Main Event and other WWE B shows recorded at Smackdown tapings?

Afaik Superstars is recorded at Raw on Mondays and Main Event is Smackdown on Tuesdays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Afaik Superstars is recorded at Raw on Mondays and Main Event is Smackdown on Tuesdays.

Wasn't the two seperate names for Raw soley based on ratings? They branded each hour differently too get a better break down after the show ratings wise??

• Registered Users Posts: 11,012 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Pretty certain the first half of RAW aired an hour before Nitro started, so it was only the second half that was head to head for ratings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Deadlie

Did HBK ever get in trouble for overselling the Hogan match?
    I just watched the HHH doc on the US netflix, and it seems like Vince likes to keep everybody in check - and isn't afraid to hand out heavy punishments for things that are 'unsavory'.

But was HBK still around after to be punished after, or could he have had wages cut, etc??

Advertisement