Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q&A thread - Your Questions Answered! **no chat**

Comments

D.Q wrote: »
    Lads,

I need some help. Watching something on the network, a countdown show or something.. but it showed an undertaker entrance and it looked like there was bodies or souls or something clawing at him as he walked out. What show was that at? ****ing coolest thing ive ever seen.

Last years mania against punk I think.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    What's become of Paige's brother, the lad who was on that Channel 4 documentary with her?

Still wrestles on the British circuit. Had a child too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭cw67irl

Is there anywhere to watch mania/raw online?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

the only answer you can get here are totally legal sources such as the WWE Network since stream rules changed

thread merged with the Q&As thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭cw67irl

No problem apologies for the confusion!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Raw is nearly always on YouTube and DailyMotion. Wrestlemania will be tougher but you might get lucky on DailyMotion.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

You can have a lend of my VHS copy, cw67irl after my cousin is finished watching it.

Bought a JVC 4 Hour tape especially.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

rovert wrote: »
    Bought a JVC 4 Hour tape especially.

I remember desperately trying to buy a four hour tape the day of the show one year because we forgot the show was an hour longer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I remember desperately trying to buy a four hour tape the day of the show one year because we forgot the show was an hour longer.

Does your VCR not have Long Play ??? makes a 3hr tape a 6hr tape

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Whats a VCR ???? O_O kidding clearly lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Does your VCR not have Long Play ??? makes a 3hr tape a 6hr tape

LP?! Sacrilege! That's the smarter option, I recorded it on a 4hr tape with the pre-show and it cut out! Sad times

I didn't know wrestlemania 2000 was going to be 4 hours and didn't set the video to LP. Missed the main event :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

I didn't know wrestlemania 2000 was going to be 4 hours and didn't set the video to LP. Missed the main event :(

You didn't miss anything exciting. Just another McMahon turn and Triple H going over again :pac:

You didn't miss anything exciting. Just another McMahon turn and Triple H going over again :pac:

Oh don't get me wrong it was a **** main event :pac:

Just remember being so pissed off at the time after waiting the whole day to get home from school and it didn't record the whole thing :P

The repeat during the week would always have stuff cut out and other things. I remember the repeat for Wrestlemania 15 (I got a loan of it off a friend. Didn't have sky at the time). The hardcore match was before the main event even though it opened the PPV live.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,257 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Wasn't WM III or IV the one that came on 2 tapes? Was that the first 4 hour Mania?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,302 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Yeah my dad set it to record and sure he hadn't a clue so I missed the end of the fatal four main event. I took me years to see the end properly.

I take it I wasn't the only person to record over one show to use it again.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Wasn't WM III or IV the one that came on 2 tapes? Was that the first 4 hour Mania?

Number IV was on a double tape. I remember getting it from the video shop(Jesus remember them ?)

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Yeah my dad set it to record and sure he hadn't a clue so I missed the end of the fatal four main event. I took me years to see the end properly.

I take it I wasn't the only person to record over one show to use it again.

I actually tried to have a new video for every PPV :P

The first PPV I could record when we finally got sky sports was KOTR 99. Probably did it up until 2003 with a new video each time.

I actually tried to have a new video for every PPV :P

The first PPV I could record when we finally got sky sports was KOTR 99. Probably did it up until 2003 with a new video each time.

Ah yeah I tried were possible to use a new video for each one. The first one I taped was wrestlemania X I vividly remember getting it taped actually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Same here with the tapes. A different one each PPV. Still have some of them actually

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,257 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Yeah, I've got loads taped as well. Though last I looked there seemed to be some growth on them. Wonder if the lifetime guarantee is still upheld. :)

I've boxes of them at home as well. I just recorded over a few of them if I was really stuck for one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I've boxes of them at home as well. I just recorded over a few of them if I was really stuck for one.

That was always the hardest decision.
    "Which PPV can I live without so I don't miss what's on TV tonight?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

CastorTroy wrote: »

Some of the Hogan Manias were actually over three hours but because of pal speed-up and backstage promos being cut Sipvervision could fit them on a 180m tape. WMIV was the WWF title tournament and that was a double tape - two 120m tapes.

WM2000 was the first Mania in a while to go over three hours and that was the second DVD release. Afaik Sky Sports didn't advertise it to go over three hours.

It's always worth keeping the original PPV broadcast as some stuff gets cut for the release and never gets out again eg. Highway to Hell video package from SummerSlam 98.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Why did WWE change the Adam Rose theme? Don't get me wrong, the new theme is good but World goes wild is epic! Listen to it now when I running. It's pure class!

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

Why did WWE change the Adam Rose theme? Don't get me wrong, the new theme is good but World goes wild is epic! Listen to it now when I running. It's pure class!

Dunno how much truth there is to this but my mate told me Sunday night that basically WWE used the first theme without paying copyright to whomever wrote it, then went to pay it and the songwriters had already sold the copyright during the week to someone else.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,939 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Dunno how much truth there is to this but my mate told me Sunday night that basically WWE used the first theme without paying copyright to whomever wrote it, then went to pay it and the songwriters had already sold the copyright during the week to someone else.

TNA ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,369 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

When did HHH start using the name "The Game" and is there any story behind it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Kolido wrote: »
    When did HHH start using the name "The Game" and is there any story behind it?

Legend has it that it was originally a moniker for Owen Hart, but he never got to use it due to his untimely death. Hunter used it instead it as a tribute to Owen.

• Advertisement

Thanks, I just lost The Game.

Advertisement