Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q&A thread - Your Questions Answered! **no chat**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Kolido wrote: »
    When did HHH start using the name "The Game" and is there any story behind it?

I've been watching that era a lot recently and as far as I remember the first time I heard it was around the time he won his first title in August 1999, or possibly in the run up to that. It was originally a catchphrase "Everyone else plays the game, but I am the game" or something like that,

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Wait, Rose won't have "World Goes Wild"? ****! That song was awesome :( Did notice there was a similiar sounding song for the vignettes but didn't realise it was a complete change.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Wait, Rose won't have "World Goes Wild"? ****! That song was awesome :( Did notice there was a similiar sounding song for the vignettes but didn't realise it was a complete change.

Huh?? What happened the Adam rose theme? Heard the nxt one was class on his debut has it changed??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

Iirc Trips used The Game moniker in his sitdown interview with Jim Ross in the Summer of 1999

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Huh?? What happened the Adam rose theme? Heard the nxt one was class on his debut has it changed??
    Dunno how much truth there is to this but my mate told me Sunday night that basically WWE used the first theme without paying copyright to whomever wrote it, then went to pay it and the songwriters had already sold the copyright during the week to someone else.

:(

New one isn't half as catchy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

:(

New one isn't half as catchy.

It's not that bad. I enjoy it. Not as good as the debut theme but it's still pretty good. Really hope it gets over.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Not sure if it's common knowledge but "The Game" shtick was originally intended for Owen Hart.

Can I have links too the old and new theme lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭supremenovice

Are there any autobiographies in the pipeline? id love to read Snakes or Scott Halls for example. And Warriors of course but sadly that wont happen.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Are there any autobiographies in the pipeline? id love to read Snakes or Scott Halls for example. And Warriors of course but sadly that wont happen.

Off the top of my head Pat Patterson and Ric Flair is working on a 2nd one. Chris Jericho's 3rd is out November time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,016 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

rovert wrote: »
    Off the top of my head Pat Patterson and Ric Flair is working on a 2nd one. Chris Jericho's 3rd is out November time.

Nice got his second one and it was good. That ric flair one could be a mess giving what I've seen of him recently. I don't think ric is okay.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Nice got his second one and it was good. That ric flair one could be a mess giving what I've seen of him recently. I don't think ric is okay.

I'd highly suggest getting y2J's first one, Around The World in Spandex. It's my favourite ever wrestling book. He's been in Japan, Mexico, Europe, ECW, Smokey Mountain, WCW to name just a few. He's got hilariously told stories from all and he's very knowledgable and funny in general.

Can I have links too the old and new theme lads?

World Goes Wild

Break Away

WOOOO >>> HEY!

World Goes

WOOOO >>> HEY!

Agreed 100% is it the same band? There very similar tracks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

Agreed 100% is it the same band? There very similar tracks!

I thought CFO$ were producing most if not all of WWEs themes these days.

Any question. what exactly is involved in the Legends contract in WWE? Is it appearances, Merch and being ambassadors or is there more involved?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Garseys wrote: »
    I thought CFO$ were producing most if not all of WWEs themes these days.

Any question. what exactly is involved in the Legends contract in WWE? Is it appearances, Merch and being ambassadors or is there more involved?

I know Jim Johnson was still involved last year at least , hes done Fandangos theme as well as Bo Dallas theme as well as Special Ops for the Shield.

CFO$ is mostly likely taking over the reigns and Jim supervising.

Basicallya Legends contract mean a superstar is on call for rare appearances and compete in a few matches (if able), also giving WWE rights over their image and their likeness in some cases, so they can sell affiliated merch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

Why does Triple H have two theme songs?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

mxph3 wrote: »

The King of Kings song is used in his COO on screen appearances, where as the Game tune is used when he wrestles.

Also he is twice as good as everyone else :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

He's a huge Motorhead mark and when he returned in August 2007 he had this new song to go along with video promos.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

His entrance has an entrance.

Has there been any reason given why there was no anthem played at the start of mania last week ?

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Has there been any reason given why there was no anthem played at the start of mania last week ?

Not an answer, but was kind of happy they didn't; mania is meant to be a global super show with a global audience, and while I appreciate how patriotic the Americans are, the anthem does nothing for a large chunk of their audience and adds little to the show.

Byway, wild guess....was it on the preshow?

Not an answer, but was kind of happy they didn't; mania is meant to be a global super show with a global audience, and while I appreciate how patriotic the Americans are, the anthem does nothing for a large chunk of their audience and adds little to the show.

Byway, wild guess....was it on the preshow?
    I know it probably meant something to the Americans but I liked it and it was kind of a tradition of singing( bar wm 14 where they butchered it) and no I don't think it happened on the pre show.

My thinking is the King of kings was used for promos etc when he returned a few years back even at 1 mania if I'm right. It wasn't used for a long time they were useing The Game theme but now hes a heel the pops were face pops when it played so there usen the king of kings now

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I noticed at the end of Mania Bryan invited into the ring a woman and a kid at ringside. Were these members of his family?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

I noticed at the end of Mania Bryan invited into the ring a woman and a kid at ringside. Were these members of his family?

Sister and niece. His parents were at ringside too.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Hematocyte

Q: (Speaking of multiple themes for the same wrestler) What was the deal with Mankind having two themes at once?

He'd have an intro theme that sounded a bit like a Barber's Adagio For Strings and then if he won he'd have a winning theme that was a completely different piece (a sort of quiet piano piece which is probably one of the least 'wrestling' themes I've ever heard).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Hematocyte wrote: »
    Q: (Speaking of multiple themes for the same wrestler) What was the deal with Mankind having two themes at once?

Mick's actually spoken about this, I can't recall the exact words but when talking about his character to Jim he thought his outro should be a soothing melody. Jim ran with it and Mick didn't hear any more about it until he heard it when he won a match.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

It was meant to show that he was at peace after beating someone up.

Advertisement