Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q&A thread - Your Questions Answered! **no chat**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,256 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Wasn't it Ziggler who tweeted that and Ryder denied it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

It's quickly become a running joke that Ziggler is the bunny. Justin Gabriel was in the suit at one point too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

It's probably the same bunny suit that Sandow was in all those years ago too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 327 ✭✭Hematocyte

Q: This is primarily a Chyna question, but why was Triple H not at the 1998 survivor series ? He was billed to face The Rock but was a no show. I note he was out of action from Sep98 to Nov98 and the wiki says he missed SS98 due to a knee injury but I'm beginning to wonder about that.

The reason I ask is because I noticed at the PPV following SS98 (Capital Carnage) Chyna had her 'new face', so clearly she had used Sep98 to Nov98 for a different purpose.

So was it perhaps a case that Chyna had been scheduled for some time to get her face done whenever Triple H's next DL occurred or he put on ice in order to 'fix' Chyna?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

Afaik Triple H was out with a knee injury. He wrestled SummerSlam that year needing surgery and wore a heavy brace like those Austin used to wear. Not sure why he was booked and then cancelled, it could have just been a sneaky bait and switch or he was still rehabing the knee or he was in line for a push and didn't want to work a match where he wasn't going over. I think he was supposed to wrestle The Rock and was replaced with Bossman.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,939 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

He suffered a knee injury just before Summerslam and he was still off by the time survivor series came around.

There was nothing sinister about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

Why did Smackdown got moved to Friday nights?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Ratings I think, I imagine they didn't do well against the Thursday night NFL games.

It was moved to Friday not long before WWE left Spike. The new day stuck. There has been rumours of airing it live on Tuesdays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Is there a reason why Hogan would always do the legdrops that miss at an angle rather than straight on?
    Is it in case the opponent had forgotten the spot, or something else?

• Advertisement

Watching Chikara this week, I was wondering have any of the masked talent gone on to WWE, apart from El Generico? And apart from Lucha wrestlers, have any of them been allowed to keep the mask?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Is there a reason why Hogan would always do the legdrops that miss at an angle rather than straight on?
    Is it in case the opponent had forgotten the spot, or something else?

Do you mean his run slow walk up? It's likely so the other person knows to get out of the way. Could be so there is no chance of a mix up between them.
    CastorTroy wrote: »
    Watching Chikara this week, I was wondering have any of the masked talent gone on to WWE, apart from El Generico? And apart from Lucha wrestlers, have any of them been allowed to keep the mask?

Specifically from CHIKARA?

As for the second, the vast majority of masked wrestlers are Lucha in style. Very few non Lucha wrestlers wear masks these days.

I suppose any promotion. Just I know Chikara have a lot of non Lucha masked guys, which is why I gave them as the example. That and wouldn't be familiar with guys from prmotions. Though I think most indie guys wrestle for multiple promotions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

I'm open to correction on this but I think Jigsaw is possibly the only masked Chikara roster member to get a call up to national TV and it was for TNA. He wrestled a few matches as Rubix last year.

A fair few have worked ROH shows in the past (including a cross promotional show about 2 years ago) but I don't think they've been as successful as some non-masked Chikara alumni

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,369 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

What was the last WWE PVP not to feature a world/wwe title match?

Kolido wrote: »
    What was the last WWE PVP not to feature a world/wwe title match?

Something with a tag match I would imagine. No Way Out 2007 maybe? John Cena WWE champ teamed with HBK vs Batista World champ and Undertaker.

No Mercy 2007 didn't have a champion as Cena was injured but had like three title matches.

Judgement 1998 had no champion after Austin screwed over Undertaker and Kane in the WWF title match.

Tables, Ladders, Chairs 2012 had no WWE title match as CM Punk was injured. It had a world title match but that didn't feature prominently as Cena vs Ziggler amd Shield vs Bryan/Kane/Ryback were the main events.

ECW December to Dismember 2006 only had a ECW title match. It bombed as a PPV. Also, ECW One Night Stand 2005.

Brand exclusive Smackdown! Armageddon 2005 and 2006 had the World champ in tag matches.

I am sure there are more, there were certainly many PPVs pre-Judgement Day 1998 without a title match. The bigger thing is a PPV without a WWE champion and one where the WWE champion isn't wrestling. PPVs can sell well without a title match eg. Invasion 2001, Royal Rumble would probably still do well without one as the Rumble match is the main attraction there, but it's usaully a gimmick show or match that is the draw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,369 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Regarding Bray taking the steps bump on Payback, just how heavy are those steps, I'd imagine they look worse than they are?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Kolido wrote: »
    Regarding Bray taking the steps bump on Payback, just how heavy are those steps, I'd imagine they look worse than they are?
    They aren't that heavy at all. They are hollow on the inside so it doesn't hurt as bad getting hitting them. Of course, having them flung at you like Cena did to Bray meant Bray needed to get his hands up to protect his head. Would not have been nice if he had misjudged it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

That was an awesome bump, I've never seen anything like that before. The commentators regularly used to say the steps weigh 150 lbs, but I'm sure that's as legit as some of the 20 feet jumps that used to occur (probably closer to 7 ft in reality!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    That was an awesome bump, I've never seen anything like that before. The commentators regularly used to say the steps weigh 150 lbs, but I'm sure that's as legit as some of the 20 feet jumps that used to occur (probably closer to 7 ft in reality!)
    John Cena actually did the same thing to Umaga in their LMS match at the 2007 RR. Umaga sold it awfully though which made it look crap. Wyatt got his hands up as late as possible and the way he fall made it look amazing. Yeah, they are told to hype everything. The height and weight of most wrestlers are also exaggerated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

What was the deal with Booker T and his fake English accent? i think he carried on the English accent in TNA as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

He was King Bookah there for a while, so for some reason he developed an English accent round then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Taz once claimed the steps weigh close to 500lbs :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

What happened with Sunny?

Im up to December 98 with Raw and PPV's and she has been off screen for a couple of months. She was last seen as a valet with LoD 2000.

It was mentioned in the Network thread that she fell hard from grace.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

What happened with Sunny?

Im up to December 98 with Raw and PPV's and she has been off screen for a couple of months. She was last seen as a valet with LoD 2000.

It was mentioned in the Network thread that she fell hard from grace.

Yikes.

Context: WWF had a big drink and drug culture at the time.

When she was entered the business she was very clean living. But after he her niece who was more like a little sister to her was killed in a car accident she fell into drink and drugs to cope.

Even before her WWF days she was forthright and hard to deal with. Jim Cornette described as a "c*nt" to deal with but an upfront "c*nt" which was refreshing in a world of phony back stabbers. She became an even bigger c*nt when she became more and more famous. But fairness that could have a partly sexist reaction as men like that are labelled "assertive."

I think the straw that broke the camels back was in the Summer of 1998 she showed up to a fan meeting and greet really messed on drugs or whatever.

Aside from her personal issues, it's probably fair to say that focus shifted to Sable in 1998, raunchier angles as well as women actually wrestling. Sunny was just manning the Superstar Hotline in 1997 when not hosting Livewire and reff'ing midget matches.

Cornette trying to teach Sunny how to work with the midgets in a basement sounded hilarious. (his YouShoots are very good)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,203 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

I actually watched a bit of the YouShoot with Sunny. She admits to having it off with Davey Boy Smith. She also says that it must of the reason for the heat between The Bulldog and Michaels.

She must have been passed around so much :pac:

Been listening to a lot of Cornette's podcast lately and he often mentions 'spot shows'. What are they? Is it when a third party books a show rather than the promotion/territory themselves?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Been listening to a lot of Cornette's podcast lately and he often mentions 'spot shows'. What are they? Is it when a third party books a show rather than the promotion/territory themselves?

Special occasion shows outside of promotions usual schedule which was referred to as a loop. For Memphis Wrestling they would do the loop of Memphis (Monday) Louisville (Tuesday) Evansville (Wednesday) every single week and then spot shows in smaller or faraway towns Thursday and Friday.

Advertisement