Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q&A thread - Your Questions Answered! **no chat**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

jaykhunter wrote: »
    He's said to be really lovely to fans, but non-WWE-contracted wrestlers/creative team members and years of reports from every news site say he's an insecure, ego-driven prick. I imagine he's not anywhere near as bad now since he's not a full-time wrestler and is too busy running WWE, but all recounts say he was a colossal a**hole especially from 2003 onwards. The type of guy who was engaged to and living with Chyna whilst having an affair with Stephanie.

How/When did the HHH & Stephanie become all official ? Was their a story-line between the two before they started dating?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,137 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Well they had the McMahon Helmsley era, then later during a DX bit, HHH and Shawn were taking about Steph being pregnant at which HHH made a comment about who was the lucky guy. But it wasn't until later during a feud in which I think Vince was attacked and HHH came out and spoke about how him fighting on behalf of his father in law. Can't remember the feud but this was the first acknowledgment of the real life marriage.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

it was orton-hhh when randy hit the RKO on Steph I think.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I think he's asking when they became official in real life not storyline.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

It was the upgrade of the century going from Chyna to Stephanie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

theres a whole section on his dvd about it. It also features the most hilariously cheesy almost hobbit/shire flute music.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

How come most wrestlers wear boots. Is it just to protect the ankles or is it like the trunks just the "wrestler" look.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    How come most wrestlers wear boots. Is it just to protect the ankles or is it like the trunks just the "wrestler" look.
    It protects there ankles as well but it is mostly for traction in the ring.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

beakerjoe wrote: »
    So many could go and so many big earners too

Khali, Big Show, Kane and Mark Henry should go but we all know they wont. Personally think they should all be put out to pasture.

Just saw this post from another thread and got wondering about "giant" wrestlers. Are there any/many big guys (6'8" or above) in the pipe-line who could come along and fill the role of WWE's next giant?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

An File wrote: »
    Just saw this post from another thread and got wondering about "giant" wrestlers. Are there any/many big guys (6'8" or above) in the pipe-line who could come along and fill the role of WWE's next giant?

Luke Harper comes to mind. He reminds me of a young Taker in his in ring skills. Hes big, powerful and agile for his size.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

What about Cody Hall? I know he's not massive in the monster heel type way but isn't he a big boy? What's his status? Actually this is more of a question than a suggestion :p

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭bobby_says_hi

Re: the HHH/Stephanie stuff, they were acknowledged as a real life couple on the 15th anniversary of Raw. It was a segment called the McMahon Family Portrait. At the end Stephanie told Vince that he'd embarrassed the family so she was going to embarrass him - so she kissed Triple H and he then said "see you at home"

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Reganio 2 wrote: »

To complete the look.
    Amateur boots are designed to help protect your ankles. They feel really snug when you wear them. Classic Pro wrestling boots are designed to look good and add height. Even a boot that doesn't have lifts on them still have a bigger sole than a runner or shoe.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Luke Harper comes to mind. He reminds me of a young Taker in his in ring skills. Hes big, powerful and agile for his size.

Harper is 35 in a few months. Not exactly one for the future.

gnfnrhead wrote: »

Didnt know that, hard to tell with his cousin IT like hairiness

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Tssk

Has Roman Reigns' Superman punch finisher ever been used as a finisher by someone else? Also how are the WWE allowed use it without having a copyright claim?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Why if you miss raw on sky do you have to wait till Thursday for them to reair it

Why if you miss raw on sky do you have to wait till Thursday for them to reair it

If your irish and live life legally then yes

• Registered Users Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

An File wrote: »

if you are talking about guys 6'8 or above there are none. the tallest guy they have in developmental is better suited to a non-monster role and the really tall guys they have had under contract in recent years such as cottonwood, andrews, titan, tron, reuben de jong were simply not good enough.

if wwe had anything in the pipeline then kane, taker, show and henry wouldn't all be playing major roles on tv in 2014.
    Omackeral wrote: »
    What about Cody Hall? I know he's not massive in the monster heel type way but isn't he a big boy? What's his status? Actually this is more of a question than a suggestion :p

needs a ton of work and too much a pretty boy to be taken seriously as a monster.

not that i think harper is a guy wwe would push strong as a singles guy (even though they should) i should point out that..

kevin nash was 34 years, 6 months, 13 days old at the 94 rumble when his first major singles push began..a push that would last for another 9.5 years on network tv.
    luke harper right now is 34 years, 6 months, 22 days old

rossie1977 wrote: »
    if you are talking about guys 6'8 or above there are none. the tallest guy they have in developmental is better suited to a non-monster role and the really tall guys they have had under contract in recent years such as cottonwood, andrews, titan, tron, reuben de jong were simply not good enough.

if wwe had anything in the pipeline then kane, taker, show and henry wouldn't all be playing major roles on tv in 2014.

needs a ton of work and too much a pretty boy to be taken seriously as a monster.

not that i think harper is a guy wwe would push strong as a singles guy (even though they should) i should point out that..

kevin nash was 34 years, 6 months, 13 days old at the 94 rumble when his first major singles push began..a push that would last for another 9.5 years on network tv.

And Harper is a better wrestler than Nash IMO. Hopefully his quads don't go the way of ol Big Sexy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Harper has a few years in him. Plenty of time for a run near the top.

He's just about big enough to be considered a 'monster heel' imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

Let's not forget about Alberto Del Rio as well, he was not at young age when WWE were pushing him back in 2010-2011.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Batista wasn't young when he got his push either. And he got a good run of 5 years near the top of the card

rossie1977 wrote: »

And Nash had no business being in that position three years later, let alone ten. It only lasted so long because of who he knew. Likewise Del Rio and especially Batista. Harper doesn't have that advantage as far as I know.

Harper is easily the best of the three, but that doesn't mean he is going to get the push he deserves. Think he will eventually get a solo push but only towards the IC or US title.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Deadlie

Tssk wrote: »
    Has Roman Reigns' Superman punch finisher ever been used as a finisher by someone else? Also how are the WWE allowed use it without having a copyright claim?

I'd imagine its officially a "Super Man Punch", to get around copyright, but I could be wrong. WWE are stingy with things like this so it wouldn't be much of a leap to assume so. Like Sandman's WWEECW theme was some generic ****e instead of Metallica.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

And Nash had no business being in that position three years later, let alone ten.

of course he will argue that he along with guys older than himself in 1997 played a part in kickstarting the biggest wrestling boom this business has ever seen.

seeing as it was the 18th anniversary yesterday i thought it would be interesting to look at each guys age at the time:
    hogan = a month shy of 43
    hall = 3 months short of 38
    nash = turned 37 two days later
    savage = 4 months short of 44
    sting = 37 years old
    lex luger = 38 years old

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭bobby_says_hi

Batista was already a friggin grandfather in the middle of his time on top

Then there's also cases of guys like JBL and Bully Ray in TNA who spent most of their careers as midcard or tag team wrestlers - only to get big main event pushes when they were much older

• Registered Users Posts: 29,137 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Wasn't DDP old enough when he started in the business?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Mr. McMahon was in his 50s when he got his push :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

How many real life feuds have their been? Do the wrestlers actually get on well back stage?

I no Bret Hart and HBK hated each other, Warrior/Hogan, Edge/Hardy.

I cant imagine Punk being best buddies with Trips/Bootisa/Orton?

If this was the case would wrestlers trust each other in the ring say in a TLC/No holds barred match?

Advertisement