Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q&A thread - Your Questions Answered! **no chat**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Initially, it's whatever they refer to themselves when you introduce yourself. You're supposed to play it safe and use their gimmick name until they correct you (i.e. Undertaker). Wrestling is an extremely insecure, paranoid-about-respect business so saying the wrong thing (or not having the correct limp handshake) could easily end up getting you fired.

It's one of the things that's laughable about the business as a whole, nothing wrong with respecting guys who have paved the way but this whole you're damned if you do damned if you don't thing when it comes to locker room politics is just stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Hematocyte wrote: »
    Q: This is going to sound bad, but I wondering does The Great Khali genuinely has 'learning difficulties' or some other problem (and I don't just mean inability to speak English)?

That's WWE's policy of hiring people completely based on looks with zero actual talent or aptitude. See Eva Marie.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Q: This is going to sound bad, but I wondering does The Great Khali genuinely has 'learning difficulties' or some other problem (and I don't just mean inability to speak English)?.

According to Kayfabe News, WWE are soon gonna demote him to the Adequate Khali :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Or Special K

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

That's WWE's policy of hiring people completely based on looks with zero actual talent or aptitude. See Eva Marie.

That policy is no longer a policy. Eva is/was a combined casting of WWE and E! the current job of girls in NXT all have pretty extensive backgrounds athletically.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

When are the WWE getting rid of the old World Championship belt?

I taught going forward that there was only going to be 1 champion 1 belt (The one the Rock presented).

Bit silly IMO in my opinion having the two still.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭bobby_says_hi

Omackeral wrote: »
    What do the wrestlers refer to each other as backstage/on the road.

Wrestling etiquette dictates you call someone by the name they introduce themselves as. Some wrestlers act as if their gimmick names are their real names - see The Wrestler where Randy insists on people calling him that as opposed to his birthname Robin

Edge says that he prefers people calling him that if they don't know him - saying they're familiar with Edge the character and not Adam Copeland the person

Undertaker is typically called 'Taker' by most people. He generally only allows people to call him Mark if they knew him during his days as 'Mean' Mark Callous. Ric Flair calls him Mark for this reason

and a lot of the time the gimmick names just come from real-life nicknames. CM Punk says that he's been called 'Punk' since he was a teenager

for the Total Divas thing, they were called by their real names at first. But the twins act as if 'Bella' is their real last name (though Bryan does use Brie's real last name when he proposes to her). Eva Marie is called by her ring name presumably since her real one is Natalie and they don't want to avoid confusion with Natalya. Nattie and Jojo are just shortened versions of Natalie and Joseanne. They seem by season 2 to call anyone by their ring name as Summer isn't called Danielle

rovert wrote: »
    That policy is no longer a policy. Eva is/was a combined casting of WWE and E! the current job of girls in NXT all have pretty extensive backgrounds athletically.

You never thought you'd defend Eva Marie but there we go :)

qWyLEkJ.gif

Bah Gawd look at the talent!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

ive more wrestling talent in my fridge. Shes whats wrong with Womens wrestling

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

You never thought you'd defend Eva Marie but there we go :)

qWyLEkJ.gif

Bah Gawd look at the talent!

Wasn't defending her. I was defending everyone else.
    beakerjoe wrote: »
    ive more wrestling talent in my fridge. Shes whats wrong with Womens wrestling

In fairness she doesn't have her Women Wrestling Certificate :pac: she only spent about two weeks at Full Sail.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

Do Finlay, Dean Malenko, Adam Birch and Jamie Noble get a bonus whenever they make a cameo appearance on TV? lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

mxph3 wrote: »
    Do Finlay, Dean Malenko, Adam Birch and Jamie Noble get a bonus whenever they make a cameo appearance on TV? lol

I'd doubt it. Unless they take a bump I'm sure they're just happy to run in and a act important.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

Looking for a pre sale password for RAW in Brooklyn…any ideas how to get one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

KingJamsie wrote: »
    Looking for a pre sale password for RAW in Brooklyn…any ideas how to get one?

Check PWInsider.com. I've sometimes seen him post these. They might have been for PPVs but...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Here is an interesting question :P

Summerslam 1992 was pre-taped. Has there ever been another WWF/WWE PPV that was also pre-taped?

Are you sure Summerslam 1992 was pre-taped? The first three or so matches didn't air in North America and the live PPV over there started in the afternoon afaik as opposed to the usual evening slot (though even that has varied over the years).

Was Beware of Dog 2 live of a pre-tape? I wouod imagine live but can't remember.

Royal Rumble 88 aired on cable TV but I don't know if it was live or tape.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

What about the UK exclusive PPVs like insurrextion and rebellion. Were they shown in the US or only release on dvd?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

Kolido wrote: »
    What about the UK exclusive PPVs like insurrextion and rebellion. Were they shown in the US or only release on dvd?

The World (WWE's famous failed restaurant) used to show the events live.

I think they got US Release on DVD aswell.

Garseys wrote: »
    The World (WWE's famous failed restaurant) used to show the events live. I think they got US Release on DVD aswell.

This is correct. US releases on VHS around 2000-2001 and then on Europe's tagged classics DVD in 2010. So the Network would be the first proper look at these for many fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Are you sure Summerslam 1992 was pre-taped? The first three or so matches didn't air in North America and the live PPV over there started in the afternoon afaik as opposed to the usual evening slot (though even that has varied over the years).

Was Beware of Dog 2 live of a pre-tape? I wouod imagine live but can't remember.

Royal Rumble 88 aired on cable TV but I don't know if it was live or tape.

Only found out about a few months ago myself but SummerSlam 1992 was taped on August 29th 1992 but didn't air until August 31st 1992. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SummerSlam_%281992%29 I always assumed it was shown live back in the states. Just at an earlier time than normal for PPV seeing as how the time difference.

there is actually a leaked travel document online somewhere. i will try and post it.

*EDIT*

http://imgur.com/a/AoyBD
    ^ Pretty cool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Some names with mad longevity on that list. Mark Yeaton the time keeper seems to have been there forever (pardon the pun). Tony Chimel too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭764dak

Kolido wrote: »

I definitely know that Insurrextion 2003 was shown on PPV in the US but it was delayed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

Are Arnold Schwarzenegger and Ozzy Osbourne only celebrities that have ever appeared on an episode of Smackdown?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

mxph3 wrote: »
    Are Arnold Schwarzenegger and Ozzy Osbourne only celebrities that have ever appeared on an episode of Smackdown?

I wanna say Wycleaf Jean after he did that song with The Rock

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Hematocyte

Q: Do WWE wrestlers have to carry their costumes/boots/pads etc around with them from city to city or do they have some sort of 'wardrobe department' that transports, keeps track of and chooses what they're supposed to wear on any given show?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Git Lambert appeared on it while promoting the Highlander film that Edge was in IIRC

Yes I referred Christopher Lambert as Git Lambert, what of it :)

Q: Do WWE wrestlers have to carry their costumes/boots/pads etc around with them from city to city or do they have some sort of 'wardrobe department' that transports, keeps track of and chooses what they're supposed to wear on any given show?

They do have a prop department/truck and maybe a seamstress who attends TV but workers carry their own gear with them. It's usually a good rule of thumb that they take their gear on planes etc. as hand luggage as bags can go missing and/or stolen/vandalised by baggage people.

There was a photo posted recently of Rollins queing in what looked like an airport while holding the MITB briefcase.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Everything is on them, even the title belts. So right now, Cena has to carry those two title belts everywhere he goes and I suspect the bags do be heavy enough without having to worry about title belts too.

The only exception might be the gimmick shirts. The majority don't get a say in the design and are just given them and told to wear them. Alex Shelley absolutely hated one of his TNA shirts and wore it as little as possible on TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Everything is on them, even the title belts. So right now, Cena has to carry those two title belts everywhere he goes and I suspect the bags do be heavy enough without having to worry about title belts too.

Do they still have the 2 sets of belts still? I remember reading that there's a set of titles for TV only(HD Polished versions) and another for Live Events.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Deadlie

I remember hearing on the Attitude Era Podcast that Folly forgot his gear for one of the UK shows and came out with some makeshift gansy/pants combo.

Advertisement