Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q&A thread - Your Questions Answered! **no chat**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

Garseys wrote: »
    Do they still have the 2 sets of belts still? I remember reading that there's a set of titles for TV only(HD Polished versions) and another for Live Events.

Yes, I believe there are duplicate belts which travel with the TV crew.
    Deadlie wrote: »
    I remember hearing on the Attitude Era Podcast that Folly forgot his gear for one of the UK shows and came out with some makeshift gansy/pants combo.

This pre-BikerTaker outfit of black jeans and shirt at Mayhem in Manchester 98 was apparently due to misplaced luggage.

7c307e190.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Also the time Trevor Murdoch did Edge a solid....

1346823436_7de08be2f7.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭bobby_says_hi

on Trish Stratus's DVD there is a part where she's backstage and about to get ready. She shows that the Divas have equipment cases with all their gear inside - but that the guys don't. On Total Divas we usually see Sandra the seamstress with a load of chest and drawers behind her. Given that the Divas always seem to have different outfits whenever they're on TV, it's probably safe to say there's a department to carry the rest.

Apparently you can only get gear made by the seamstresses if you're over - so anyone new has to source their own gear and presumably carry it themselves

According to legend, Ric Flair spent a few grand getting his robes made. Iirc it is covered in the Nature Boy documentary.

Shawn Michaels paid someone for each of his outfits in the 1990's

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

BWE fodder but according to the DIRTSHEETS the long term plan is for Brock to beat Cena at Wrestlemania, Brock being this WWE Network property and then finally losing the belt to Roman Reigns at Wrestlemania to begin the Reigns Era.

If so how do you keep Rollins occupied/when does he cash in?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,136 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

He cashes in and loses, preferably due to outside interference from Ambrose if they're going to keep that feud going.

Find the idea of Rollins pinning Lesnar via a concentrated plan or via I dunno injury, wellness failure, act of God hilarious. And I like Seth.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Hematocyte

Q: Why does the announcer table not always break when wrestlers do a spot on it? Is failure down to the performers level precision or is there an 'unknown quantity' factor to the table each time?

Also would the wrestlers have practiced this beforehand to get it 'right' (especially say something like CM Punk v Undertaker at WM29) or is it just a one-shot deal any time they need to do it?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Hematocyte wrote: »
    Q: Why does the announcer table not always break when wrestlers do a spot on it? Is failure down to the performers level precision or is there an 'unknown quantity' factor to the table each time?

Also would the wrestlers have practiced this beforehand to get it 'right' (especially say something like CM Punk v Undertaker at WM29) or is it just a one-shot deal any time they need to do it?

It's bad luck if it doesnt break but you have to remember, they still need to be strong enough to be used as a table for the commentotors before hand.

Generally, If the middle monitor is missing, it usually means it has been set up to break. If the monitor is there, it wont be breaking as it was set up properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

rovert wrote: »

If so how do you keep Rollins occupied/when does he cash in?

to be honest the proper conclusion to the rollins/ambrose storyline would be to have ambrose win the briefcase off rollins.

• Advertisement

rovert wrote: »
    Find the idea of Rollins pinning Lesnar via a concentrated plan or via I dunno injury, wellness failure, act of God hilarious. And I like Seth.
    What's a "concentrated plan"?

What's a "concentrated plan"?

A concerted plan at 1am after a few drinks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Whats the plan with Big E &Kofi teaming up now? Has there been any leaks as too what they plan on doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

This may have been asked already, apologies if so, I couldn't find.

Anyway, in relation to The Rock & Cena, while at the start it seems like it was legitimate dislike/beef, have they squared it away now and are they on any type of terms, be it professionally or personally? Or is it still underlying and the most recent result done for business?

foxerv1 wrote: »
    This may have been asked already, apologies if so, I couldn't find.

Anyway, in relation to The Rock & Cena, while at the start it seems like it was legitimate dislike/beef, have they squared it away now and are they on any type of terms, be it professionally or personally? Or is it still underlying and the most recent result done for business?

There was no real animosity once they started doing promos. Afaik there a gentlemen's agreement of sorts in place. They were working together to sell the Wrestlemania which Rock wanted to do massive numbers to justify him doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Was Ric Flair considered old when he had his 1992 run in WWF?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,016 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Omackeral wrote: »

Well he was in his forties when that run happened(I think he's in his sixties now so yeah) and was it considered a successful run ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Well he was in his forties when that run happened(I think he's in his sixties now so yeah) and was it considered a successful run ?

Wasn't considered to be too successful. Being the biggest star of the NWA/WCW he was supposed to be pushed to a main-even fued with Hogan. Plan was scrapped on a whim by Vince so we got Savage VS Flair instead. Flair was a 2X WWF champion by the end of '92. Pretty good considering he only really debuted in late '91-early '92.

Wasn't successful, was only marginally good to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Omackeral wrote: »

Yup.
    Flair signed in the summer of 1991 but was gone February 1993. Just as the WWF were switching gears in to the "new generation" era.

By 1992 Hulkamania was'nt running so strong with fans wallets and this is what sparked the shift in names. Bret Hart, The British Bulldog, Shawn Michaels etc were being positioned as the new guys and Hogan, Flair, Savage, DiBease and co were slowly being phased out.

The New Generation video packages featured Bret Hart, Razor Ramon and Randy Savage who were in their mid-late 30s (early 40's in Savage's case)

WWE.com piece here on the youngest WWE champions might be of interest

http://www.wwe.com/classics/classic-lists/10-youngest-wwe-champions/page-2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

But we all know the story about Vince McMahon telling Randy Savage not to wrestle anymore :p

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Wasn't considered to be too successful. Being the biggest star of the NWA/WCW he was supposed to be pushed to a main-even fued with Hogan. Plan was scrapped on a whim by Vince so we got Savage VS Flair instead. Flair was a 2X WWF champion by the end of '92. Pretty good considering he only really debuted in late '91-early '92.

Wasn't successful, was only marginally good to watch.

Ah he was still head and shoulders above most in the locker room. He was built up as the REAL world champion, yet when wasnt booked as such. At Survivor Series 91, the match was a mess thanks to the booking, looking weak winning by count out. What didnt help was he looked so puney compared to Vinces roided up superstars. Up until 1992 Royal Rumble he wasnt booked great and was capable of so much more than the WWE gave him.

His feud with Savage was great and at WM8 shouldnt have been in the middle of the card while Hogan and Sid Main Evented. His match with Savage could have been better, given longer time but was great for what it was.

Ill agree that it wasnt successful but there was alot going on in the background which probably made booking a nightmare.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Yup.
    Flair signed in the summer of 1991 but was gone February 1993. Just as the WWF were switching gears in to the "new generation" era.

By 1992 Hulkamania was'nt running so strong with fans wallets and this is what sparked the shift in names. Bret Hart, The British Bulldog, Shawn Michaels etc were being positioned as the new guys and Hogan, Flair, Savage, DiBease and co were slowly being phased out.

That and the steroid scandal. Hogan didnt handle himself well in 92/93. Fans were sick of him by this stage. Refusing to be out of the main event, hogging the spot light, rumours of an affair with Miss Elizabeth. Not putting over Bret Hart also, the Arsenio Hall show debacle and the steroid trial itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Ah he was still head and shoulders above most in the locker room. He was built up as the REAL world champion, yet when wasnt booked as such. At Survivor Series 91, the match was a mess thanks to the booking, looking weak winning by count out. What didnt help was he looked so puney compared to Vinces roided up superstars. Up until 1992 Royal Rumble he wasnt booked great and was capable of so much more than the WWE gave him.

His feud with Savage was great and at WM8 shouldnt have been in the middle of the card while Hogan and Sid Main Evented. His match with Savage could have been better, given longer time but was great for what it was.

Ill agree that it wasnt successful but there was alot going on in the background which probably made booking a nightmare.

I watched WM8 a while back and Hogan/Sid stunk the place out, Warrior making the save was the only good part. Savage/Flair was so much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,136 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Seeing Heath Slater beat Seth Rollins, it got me wondering has any lower card or comedy act guy gone on to have lots of success either as WWE champ or even just main eventing?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Seeing Heath Slater beat Seth Rollins, it got me wondering has any lower card or comedy act guy gone on to have lots of success either as WWE champ or even just main eventing?

If you look closely I'd say you'd be surprise at the amount of guys those career in the WWE peaked and troughed.

Snitsky is the first one that jumps out at me. Was the comedy feet licking "it wasn't my fault" guy then he shaves his head gets some ganky teeth and he's Cena's number one threat.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Viscera? he went from being a man on a mission to uh...a man on a mission.

Eric Young in TNA is probably one of the most recent examples.

Top stars have done mid-card comedy crap - Edge and Kurt Angle spring to mind.

I can't fully recall Steve. Austin's Ringmaster gimmick but I think it was a bit geeky. He mimcked HBK's pose in Royal Rumble 96. Loads of examples of guys starting out with rubbish gimmicks and later rehab'd. Cena was a Vanilla Ice rapper for instance; Kane did awful comedy on Raw for a while; Mark Henry etc.

WCW had some woeful comedy crap in the early 90's - DDP had a crap comedy geek gimmick as did Kevin Nash.

The Miz was a comedy gimmick for years and he ended up in the main event of a Wrestlemania

Mick Foley's popularity peaked while doing what was basically an undercard comedy spot - Mr. Socko

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

bushwhackers were imo the best comedy wrestlers and hugely popular with the crowds as well

Advertisement