Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q&A thread - Your Questions Answered! **no chat**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Have they abandoned the Kofi/Big E/Woods idea already?

Didn't read the smackdown spoilers but Kofi was on his own on Main Event

Apparently, the guy who was doing theme music for them said on Twitter it was off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Apparently, the guy who was doing theme music for them said on Twitter it was off.

I was interested in it and all thinking it would make them relevant! Did kofi shave his head?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,136 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

He looked the same to me.

Could imagine the meeting for the writers and Vince/Steph/HHH

"Actually this new Nation idea isn't gonna work, especially with TNA doing it. How about we try that other great story TNA had?"
    Writers: "Ah, I know just the one you're talking about"

Later, Steph: "This is Megan..."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

Is there reason why WWE uses their logo on their TV Shows/PPV's?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

mxph3 wrote: »
    Is there reason why WWE uses their logo on their TV Shows/PPV's?

Branding. They first started using a bug logo in the early to mind 90's

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Hematocyte

Q: On the 30/6 ep of Raw they actually missed the finish of the Kofi Kingston match because of an ad break. I hadn't seen this happen before.

Was this just bad timing or done deliberately (perhaps as a way to promote the app)?

Also, are finishes often missed on RAW because of an ad break?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Finishes are never missed on purpose and rarely happen during ads. The referees would have ear pieces in telling them when ads were on and not, and generally the wrestlers will take it easier when they know the camera isn't on. "Bad timing" to the extent a finish comes during an ad break would be a nigh on impossibility. They may run over into time designated for another segment or match, but never into an ad break.

You're bang on right; the Kofi finish was to promote the app.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

How is the Ambrose-Rollins feud so good compared to the rest of the muck that mostly passes for storylines these days. Is there a separate writing team? Are Ambrose and Rollins getting more input in to the storyline than other wrestlers would?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Brendaõ wrote: »
    How is the Ambrose-Rollins feud so good compared to the rest of the muck that mostly passes for storylines these days. Is there a separate writing team? Are Ambrose and Rollins getting more input in to the storyline than other wrestlers would?

Likely booked from the highest levels - Triple H as they are his dudes.

When they were The Shield were known for having initiative to say no or renegotiate things as they knew what they had and were protective about it.

It does help that both Ambrose and Rollins are really good. That thing with the car boot was silly, the lumberjack match looked poor on paper and even the ice bucket bit on Raw would probably have made anyone else looked bad but they can keep up the intensity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Ambrose and Rollins are better than the majority of the roster. The writers would have to actually be trying to make it suck in order for it to be bad. Similar to how Daniel Bryan can take almost anything and make it work.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

With Ambrose/Rollins you can't discard the fact people loved and invested so much interest in The Shield. There is a reason "The Barbershop" with The Rockers worked. History and continuity add infinitely to a feud.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

I read recently that Hogan has a six match win streak at Summerslam, would this be the 2nd best streak across any of the big 4 PPVs ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Just had a gander at Wikipedia. It looks like Brock is undefeated at the Rumble.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Did Magnus get Mickie James pregnant? :eek: didn't know they were even an item, but saw pictures of the two and was wondering if I picked it up right...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Did Magnus get Mickie James pregnant? :eek: didn't know they were even an item, but saw pictures of the two and was wondering if I picked it up right...

Lucky man if true!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

Anyone know why they've gone with the cold opening on Raw but kept the Intro Videos and Pyro for Smackdown, Main Event and Superstars?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

Do RAW and Smackdown still have separate writing teams?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Yes. Raw have a team of s#it Hollywood sitcom writers. Smackdown have monkeys on typewriters.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Yes. Raw have a team of s#it Hollywood sitcom writers. Smackdown have monkeys on typewriters.

''It was the best of times, it was the blurst of times?!?!''

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,136 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Nah they don't have a thousand monkeys so can't come up with that high of quality.

More likely manatees being used to select balls.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I just read the smackdown spoilers. Even the spoilers were bland and boring. You just can't get the monkeys like the old days anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

I know Halls contract was coming up when he jumped to WCW but why did WCW bring in Nash? Was his contract up to?

Why didn't WCW ever make a bid for shawn or taker at that time?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Sirsok wrote: »
    I know Halls contract was coming up when he jumped to WCW but why did WCW bring in Nash? Was his contract up to?

Why didn't WCW ever make a bid for shawn or taker at that time?

Apparently there were bids for both but both remained loyal to the WWE. Undertaker really would have suffered with a move to wcw.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Reebrock

Sirsok wrote: »

Nash asked Hall to tell them he was interested once he heard what sort of contract Hall was getting. Nash's contract was due shortly after Hall's.

Also, Mark Calaway without the Undertaker gimmick wouldn't have been quite the same. The surrounding theatrics helped get him over.

Iirc, in the 'This is My Yard' DVD he says he had been to WCW before and knew what went on there. DVD is a bit kayfabey so idk.

I believe Shawn threatened to go a few times during his crybaby run of 1997 when he walked out and quit several times.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Reebrock

The best thing Shawn Michaels ever did was not step foot in WCW. If he didn't get lost in the shuffle, or even if he did, I just picture his drug problem getting a lot worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

HBK is one guy I could never imagine being in WCW. He was as much WWE as Taker. Could you imagine Shawn performing the flying forearm / nip up in a Nitro ring?

Reebrock wrote: »
    The best thing Shawn Michaels ever did was not step foot in WCW. If he didn't get lost in the shuffle, or even if he did, I just picture his drug problem getting a lot worse.

Michaels seemed to have had Vince wrapped around his finger and I can't see the older lads in WCW at the time putting up with his nonsense even if Kev was his best mate - "WCW: Where the big boys play" and Shawn was still relatively small.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Reebrock wrote: »

The party culture and unstructured environment really did in British Bulldog and Neidhart. There's some SCARY bad matches with them in WCW where they are clearly cracked out.

Shawn would have lost hugely in the political games Hogan and Savage were playing. Hogan "beat" Shawn politically in their Summerslam match a number of years later. Also Shawn had a special relationship with Vince in the 90s which is open to conjecture. At the very least Vince had the horn for HBK when it came to his on screen commentary and off screen giving into Shawn's tantrums. I don't think Shawn would have had that relationship with Bischoff. To steal a line from Meltzer Eric Bischoff is in the Hulk Hogan business not the Wrestling business. A statement that remained accurate up until Hulk's TNA stint if not to this day. Don't forget Hulk et al. completely and utterly sabotaged Bret Hart.

I do believe Undertaker was a Company man but he was smart enough to know he would mean very little without the Undertaker gimmick. Any attempt to ape it in WCW would be met with swift legal action from WWF.

Advertisement