Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q&A thread - Your Questions Answered! **no chat**

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Many editions of Nitro especially the 1995 & 96 ones were Cena's destruction of the Wyatts on Monday bad with Hogan standing triumphant at the end.

Shawn hated doing jobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,135 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

When was the last time there was a major upset victory? Like I'm talking The Kid vs Razor Ramon or Brooklyn Brawler pinning HHH levels of upset

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

CastorTroy wrote: »
    When was the last time there was a major upset victory? Like I'm talking The Kid vs Razor Ramon or Brooklyn Brawler pinning HHH levels of upset

Brock v Taker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

CastorTroy wrote: »

Heath Slater pinned Seth Rollins on Raw Aug 4th 2014 due to Dean Ambrose distracting Rollins by standing on an announce table.

rovert wrote: »
    The party culture and unstructured environment really did in British Bulldog and Neidhart. There's some SCARY bad matches with them in WCW where they are clearly cracked out.

Shawn would have lost hugely in the political games Hogan and Savage were playing. Hogan "beat" Shawn politically in their Summerslam match a number of years later. Also Shawn had a special relationship with Vince in the 90s which is open to conjecture. At the very least Vince had the horn for HBK when it came to his on screen commentary and off screen giving into Shawn's tantrums. I don't think Shawn would have had that relationship with Bischoff. To steal a line from Meltzer Eric Bischoff is in the Hulk Hogan business not the Wrestling business. A statement that remained accurate up until Hulk's TNA stint if not to this day. Don't forget Hulk et al. completely and utterly sabotaged Bret Hart.

I do believe Undertaker was a Company man but he was smart enough to know he would mean very little without the Undertaker gimmick. Any attempt to ape it in WCW would be met with swift legal action from WWF.

I think I gave the same albeit more succinct answer just before you :p

Good point about Hogan/Michaels in 2005.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

While we're on the topic of WWF Hardcore champions and hardcore wrestling in general, what would people recommend as "must see" matches in that style? Between WWF and ECW classics or other promotions that I might not have seen before?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

^^^
    This is a bit of a Cult Classic from Wrestlemania 17

An File wrote: »
    While we're on the topic of WWF Hardcore champions and hardcore wrestling in general, what would people recommend as "must see" matches in that style? Between WWF and ECW classics or other promotions that I might not have seen before?

Hardcore Title matches were hardly technical classics but some of the most notable were:

Bob Holly vs Al Snow, St Valentine's Day Massacre 1999 - they ended up fighting in the Mississippi river.

Al Snow vs Big Bossman, Kennel From Hell match, Unforgiven 1999 (a pretty abysmal match but a must-see because it is so bad)

RVD had some decent matches in 2001 vs. Jeff Hardy,vs. Chris Jericho at Unforgiven and vs. Undertaker at Vengeance

Steve Blackman vs Shane McMahon, SummerSlam 2000

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Edge v foley mania 22

Awesome v tanaka at one night stand

4 way monsters ball match sabu Ryhno abyss and hardy at bound for glory, just for Jeffs dive

HHH v foley royal rumble 2000

Rock v Foley royal rumble 1999

Kurt angle v shane omac king of the ring 01 (I think)

If your looking for something ridiculous CZW cage of death matches are all kinds of stupid!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

A forgotten classic imo is mankind vs big show in a boiler room brawl at backlash

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

Rhino vs Raven at Backlash (think it was 2001) was great, as was their TNA world heavyweight title bout at Unbreakable a few years later although both matches are quite similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

What was the match that took place in a bar? Can't remember who was in it but it was quite humerus. Would have been around 2000 give or take a year.

Kolido wrote: »
    What was the match that took place in a bar? Can't remember who was in it but it was quite humerus. Would have been around 2000 give or take a year.

Bossman vs Al Snow, SummerSlam 99?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Bossman vs Al Snow, SummerSlam 99?

Yeah looks like the one alright, had a feeling bossman was in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

Kolido wrote: »

This would have been a fantastic pun if someone had gotten their arm broken.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,027 ✭✭✭✭cena

Wasn't roads Dogg part of that match

cena wrote: »
    Wasn't roads Dogg part of that match

He either did commentary while following them around or he was the ref.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,027 ✭✭✭✭cena

i think he followed them around.

Must be a clip on youtube

Does anyone remember what episode of Raw these shots were from? It is Triple H, X-Pac and the New Age Outlaws. Based on H's gear I would place it in 1998 as it looks like they are standing atop the Lion's Den cage used for the Shamrock vs. Owen Hart match at SummerSlam that year.

7M2Qnh_thumb.jpg 5hs2hN_thumb.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Was it from Sunday Night Heat that year when Owen Hart fought Steve Blackman and they interfered or something?

• Advertisement

Who was Raven's ninja at No Way Out 2001 and where did the angle lead?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Who was Raven's ninja at No Way Out 2001 and where did the angle lead?

Maybe I'm getting this mixed up with another ninja angle but I think it was tori and then didn't lead anywhere

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Maybe I'm getting this mixed up with another ninja angle but I think it was tori and then didn't lead anywhere

They did the unmasking on Heat or one of those shows. It was Tori (the other one not Wilson).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

So playing Smackdown 2 (as ya do) and had a match against Val Venis his video comes on all is grand but then Val comes out and he is wearing white trunks and boots... Has Val ever wore all white gear?

P.s Steve... What bar is Val Venis in Smackdown 2 :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I don't ever remember him wearing all white gear, the only two colours I really remember are black and purple.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Angron wrote: »
    I don't ever remember him wearing all white gear, the only two colours I really remember are black and purple.

Exactly that's what I was waiting on the famous black with purple but he comes out in white was strange.

Reganio 2 wrote: »

P.s Steve... What bar is Val Venis in Smackdown 2 :P

Frys-Turkish-Delight-Wrapper-Small.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

He wore white trunks briefly when Trish Stratus was his manager during mid-2000.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

He had white trunks for awhike around the time he was IC champ with trish

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

He did indeed. Look up his feud with Rikishi for the IC title around that time. I remember them having one very good match

Advertisement