Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q&A thread - Your Questions Answered! **no chat**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Sirsok wrote: »
    Are there any known wrestlers out in the indies that are more typical wwe mould? Most of the Indy guys coming in WWE are the smaller types like Kenta Bryan etc, but are there any with a pysique like hogan etc that are thought highly of

To roughly quote Tommy Dreamer from RF Video's "Sharing My Knowledge" dvd: "When I was working for WWE (new talent relations) I was told to go out and find guys who were 6ft2 and 220 pounds ... and it's hard to find guys like that"

It's crazy when you look to most indy wrestlers out there. Certainly don't have the traditional WWE mould.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Nigel Mcguinnes would certainly be close if it were not for his health problems

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

To roughly quote Tommy Dreamer from RF Video's "Sharing My Knowledge" dvd: "When I was working for WWE (new talent relations) I was told to go out and find guys who were 6ft2 and 220 pounds ... and it's hard to find guys like that"

It's crazy when you look to most indy wrestlers out there. Certainly don't have the traditional WWE mould.

"Indy wrestling" tends to be built around exciting spots. You don't need to be a monster for that. Everyon knows that VKM is a size guy and always has been.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Is there anywhere that has a list of all WWE world championship title changes that happened outside of the PPVs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Whosthis

Here's a list of all the title changes http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_WWE_World_Heavyweight_Champions#Reigns , it also lists the show where the change took place.

• Advertisement

Loughc wrote: »
    Is there anywhere that has a list of all WWE world championship title changes that happened outside of the PPVs
    Will Wikipedia suit ya?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_WWE_World_Heavyweight_Champions#Reigns

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Any one think Aiden English is the head off Cesaro? If he had a tan and shaved the hair on his head/face..?

P.s I miss their old theme but it's too upbeat for a heel team

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

MrMac84 wrote: »

P.s I miss their old theme but it's too upbeat for a heel team

CHANGE YOUR THEME BACK *CLAP CLAP CLAP*

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Was Mr. America REALLY Hulk Hogan... How did he pass that lie detector then.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    Was Mr. America REALLY Hulk Hogan... How did he pass that lie detector then.

"I am not Hulk Hogan, brother!"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFLWZEHEoYc

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

What's going on with sting lads? IS he going too wrestle at all or what?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

MrMac84 wrote: »
    What's going on with sting lads? IS he going too wrestle at all or what?

Wrestlemania

Officially I don't believe anything has been said or leaked though, but Sting def does not seem to consider himself retired.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Griever931

I have some questions about NXT on the WWE Network. Can you only watch it live or is there is catalog of previous episodes and how often do they air new episodes?

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

Griever931 wrote: »
    I have some questions about NXT on the WWE Network. Can you only watch it live or is there is catalog of previous episodes and how often do they air new episodes?

It's not shown live, its taped weeks in advance similar to Impact. It's first airing is on the Network (A wednesday I think) then is catalogued and you can watch it whenever you want. Episodes available go back as far as the Network so February 6th 2014 is the earliest one I can find.

Ok thanks. One of the main reasons for me signing up for the network is watching Bálor and Steen (Owens?) on NXT.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

DON'T FORGET THE SPECIALS GRIEVER!!!

Arrival and the two Takeover shows.

Here's the link to all the NXT stuff for when you get up and running:
    http://network.wwe.com/shows/in-ring/wwe-nxt

Thanks, I'll make sure to check them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

That could be another while before that's possible then!

Just seen that now, what a pain in the hole that is.

That could be another while before that's possible then!

Bad-News-Barrett-rises.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

Heard an interesting question that wasn't answered on the Wade Keller podcast that hopefully someone here knows the answer to.

We all know that Paterson came up with the Rumble match but who came up with the survivor series concept? I can't seem to find the info online, although in fairness I haven't looked hard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭BohsJohnny

Heard an interesting question that wasn't answered on the Wade Keller podcast that hopefully someone here knows the answer to.

We all know that Paterson came up with the Rumble match but who came up with the survivor series concept? I can't seem to find the info online, although in fairness I haven't looked hard.

Might be wrong but WWE used to have a working relationship with New Japan from the 70s into the mid to late 80s and New Japan used to do that match all the time here's one for example so they probably just "borrowed" the idea.

Is Marcus Louis ACTUALLY 23?

Was Pierre Marceau that young in Irish Whip Wrestling?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,321 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

It doesn't make sense but I guess he could have pretended to be older.

Would that make him the youngest male on the roster of NXT?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

Greetings. I used to watch wrestling, from the late 80's right through the monday night wars. The recent(ish) Hell in a Cell match PPV was playing here on tv yesterday so i had a look. During the Dean Ambrose match, while fighting on top of the cage the crowd were chanting 'this is awesome', when it was in fact quite lame.

I used to only ever hear that chant used for really high spots/stunts. I know the WWE is PG now but are there any big stunts anymore like back in the day?

What about hardcore wrestling? Does it still exist in the US outside of the WWE? Do they still do the crazy death matches in Japan?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

rovert wrote: »
    Is Marcus Louis ACTUALLY 23?

Was Pierre Marceau that young in Irish Whip Wrestling?

He is 29/30.

Greetings. I used to watch wrestling, from the late 80's right through the monday night wars. The recent(ish) Hell in a Cell match PPV was playing here on tv yesterday so i had a look. During the Dean Ambrose match, while fighting on top of the cage the crowd were chanting 'this is awesome', when it was in fact quite lame.

I used to only ever hear that chant used for really high spots/stunts. I know the WWE is PG now but are there any big stunts anymore like back in the day?

What about hardcore wrestling? Does it still exist in the US outside of the WWE? Do they still do the crazy death matches in Japan?

I think CZW is mainly a hardcore promotion.

WWE crowds have been chanting 'this is awesome' during normal singles matches (that are fun and/or fast paced) for a good few years now.

They have scaled back massively on the more ridiculous stunts but there was a double table bump spot in that Cell match and there are high spots during Money in the Bank and TLC ladder matches which take place twice a year. Earlier this year Daniel Bryan did a dive off of a forklift and Kane fell backward into a table which was on fire. Also, Chris Jericho jumped off the top of a cage into the ring....

Death matches still occur in smaller promotions in the US and elsewhere. If you like to see fluorescent light tubes and other such things used as weapons you should find plenty of stuff on Youtube to satiate your appetite.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Griever931 wrote: »
    I think CZW is mainly a hardcore promotion.
    Yup. CZW would be the best promotion out there if you want "hardcore" wrestling. Although in recent years I've found CZW is just becoming an ECW 2.0. Doing crazier and crazier matches and spots to keep that shock factor. Someone is going to be seriously injured one day doing something stupid in that promotion which is why I don't watch anymore. I still am very uneasy about when Ambrose's head was sliced open with a meat carver. Unnecessary really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

AJ Styles is extremely talented. Has there been a reason by WWE/Styles why he hasn't gone to WWE? Is it WWE aren't interested in paying him what he thinks he deserves or AJ's not interested or...? (his dark match doesn't count)

Advertisement