Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q&A thread - Your Questions Answered! **no chat**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Whosthis

The Spanish announce table was ritually destroyed at PPVs, particularly during the attitude era, this was usually followed by some kind of quip from the English announcers. Did the Spanish announce team have a long running joke or response to their table being trashed? Also, on the rare occasion that it was the English announce table that was destroyed, what was the reaction of the Spanish announce team?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Whosthis wrote: »
    The Spanish announce table was ritually destroyed at PPVs, particularly during the attitude era, this was usually followed by some kind of quip from the English announcers. Did the Spanish announce team have a long running joke or response to their table being trashed? Also, on the rare occasion that it was the English announce table that was destroyed, what was the reaction of the Spanish announce team?

Español anuncian mesa para el salón de la fama!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Who owns the rights to WWE music? I assume it's themselves, but I've recently been watching a south Korean gameshow called Running Man (it's hilarious) and there's quite a bit of older WWE music in it but it's all credited to WWE and BMG, so would it be off their cd releases and BMG get distribution rights or something like that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

orestes wrote: »
    Who owns the rights to WWE music? I assume it's themselves, but I've recently been watching a south Korean gameshow called Running Man (it's hilarious) and there's quite a bit of older WWE music in it but it's all credited to WWE and BMG, so would it be off their cd releases and BMG get distribution rights or something like that?

They have used production music before http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Production_music

Generic stuff like the Hardy Boys came from one of those music libraries

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Ageyev wrote: »
    They have used production music before http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Production_music

Generic stuff like the Hardy Boys came from one of those music libraries

This was stuff that was definitely credited to WWE though, Rock/Austin/HHH themes and the Across the Nation theme from Raw, that's why I thought it might be from one of their album releases or maybe from a rights distribution deal from one of the Smackdown games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Wow, that's very weird! Either the TV show licensed those songs specifically from WWE or have a blanket deal from WWE's CD label (eg Forceable Entry's label is Columbia) and have a fan in the production staff.

It wasn't North Korea was it? :pac:

Anyways not sure if they own exclusive rights to the stuff released by record labels as bands usually hand over publishing rights. WWE has been outsourcing music with Jim Johnston moving on to scoring WWE films. They have some mad big online library of songs in NXT/p. Centre which is how Bray Wyatt found the Mark Crozer song.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Anyone know when they started doing contract signing segments for tv or home video?

First I remember watching was Bret/Yoko for WM9

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Might be a common thing on South Korean TV. I remember watching a bit of Tekken Crash once and teams had tracks off the FFVII Crisis Core OST as entrance music.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Kolido wrote: »
    Anyone know when they started doing contract signing segments for tv or home video? First I remember watching was Bret/Yoko for WM9

Hogan/Andre signed a contract at the 88 Rumble for a WMIII rematch at the next month's The Main Event. I know if you look in the archives you'll find ones before WrestleMania 1! A tale as old as tiiiime....

• Advertisement

Kolido wrote: »
    Anyone know when they started doing contract signing segments for tv or home video?

First I remember watching was Bret/Yoko for WM9

Hogan vs Andre for Mania 3 is the oldest WWF one I can think of.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

the hogan/andre contract signing before mania 3 is legendary and all because of hogans over-acting

Summerslam 1992 was no doubt a box office success, it holds the third highest attendance figure for a WWE event, but the loss in PPV revenue is often cited as the reason why none of the big 4 PPV's have been taken abroad since. With the launch of the network and the WWE no longer relying on PPV revenue do you think it's possible we may finally see another?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Huh?

Huh?

Hashtag_HEEL
    Quote: Whosthis
    Summerslam 1992 was no doubt a box office success, it holds the third highest attendance figure for a WWE event, but the loss in PPV revenue is often cited as the reason why none of the big 4 PPV's have been taken abroad since. With the launch of the network and the WWE no longer relying on PPV revenue do you think it's possible we may finally see another?

PPV was in its

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Hashtag_HEEL

PPV was in its
    ????

????

Hashtag heel deleted his post and has made all my posts seem mental. I was trying too quote a post of his that made no sence now it looks like I'm a bit mad ha Ha!

Drunk was my first thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Sorry about that. Phone went on the blink and posted before I could finish. Deleted so I could make my point again properly.

PPV was in its infancy at the time and not to mention the American audience might not have found the draw of a taped show (featuring Warrior Vs Savage again)

I'd imagine we're not too far off a PPV in Europe at the very least if not the UK. It's one of their biggest markets and with so many new talents coming in from Europe, they'd be mad not to capitalise on the intrigue. Maybe a network exclusive though rather than an all out PPV. They'd make their money on the show back in Merch, tickets etc. alone!

• Advertisement

Drunk was my first thought.

I am.....BUT I wasn't the one making no sence tho ha ha!

I could see them doing a live Network special in UK/Europe but probably not Royal Rumble, Summerslam or Wrestlemania as US Eastern Pacific time is 7 hours behind GMT. One of the other b-shows I could see being a could idea and might boost interest in the Network.

The last pay-per-view event outside of North America was Insurrection 2003 I think. The two Raw tapings each year they do now are more relevant than those UK shows in 1998-2003 which were booked as house shows.

But there's been a year of the Network monthly "special event" PPV shows now and if you look back on them overall they weren't that important. A lot of them were like episodes of Raw without the 30 minute promo to open the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Ageyev wrote: »
    I could see them doing a live Network special in UK/Europe but probably not Royal Rumble, Summerslam or Wrestlemania as US Eastern time is 7 hours behind GMT. One of the other b-shows I could see being a could idea and might boost interest in the Network.

5 hours behind, and Pacific is 8 hours behind.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Heading into the ppv did Wcw wrestlers know that this was the last ppv and they were being bought out or was it business as usual, watching it now they still seem to be hyping new wrestlers and feuds seems a bit Strange.

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    Heading into the ppv did Wcw wrestlers know that this was the last ppv and they were being bought out or was it business as usual, watching it now they still seem to be hyping new wrestlers and feuds seems a bit Strange.

There were rumours and talk for months about WCW being sold after the AOL/Warner merger. People knew that Bischoff was putting something together - I think younger guys like Sean O'Haire were going to be pushed. But then the TV show was cancelled, Eric didn't pursue it, WWF snapped it up so there was kinda writing on the wall that the days were numbered. I think that's more or less how it went down.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 hursty1886

Just wondering anybody think we'll get any nxt wrestlers here in April?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

hursty1886 wrote: »

Might Mouse Sorry, Adrian Neville is due up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Oh boy, can't wait to see what happens when he gets fed into the talent wasting machine. :(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

We got Zayn and Neville last time. Would be disappointed if we don't get Balor and Becky next time.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Yes. I'd be shocked if we didn't. But April is a long way away. Wrestlers may be called up to the main roster by then.

If the live event tomorrow we would probably get any two of Zayn/Neville/Breeze OR Charlotte and Sasha Banks.

Advertisement