Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q&A thread - Your Questions Answered! **no chat**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

I'm just looking Summerslam 2010 on the network. Loved Nexus.

What was the backstage story about their formation. I highly doubt when NXT season one came about the Nexus was the end game?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

ShagNastii wrote: »
    I'm just looking Summerslam 2010 on the network. Loved Nexus.

What was the backstage story about their formation. I highly doubt when NXT season one came about the Nexus was the end game?

Wade Barrett talked about it on Jericho's podcast I think. The lads were told the afternoon of the Raw that happened. It was a secret that few people were clued in on. It was in the Raw script as simply "post match angle" or something like that. They were just told to cause havoc. That certionly jives with Daniel Bryan choking Justin Roberts with his tie. As he was fired for it remember. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

orestes wrote: »
    Who owns the rights to WWE music? I assume it's themselves, but I've recently been watching a south Korean gameshow called Running Man (it's hilarious) and there's quite a bit of older WWE music in it but it's all credited to WWE and BMG, so would it be off their cd releases and BMG get distribution rights or something like that?

Shawn Micheal's theme was played on Take Me Out on Saturday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Kolido wrote: »
    Shawn Micheal's theme was played on Take Me Out on Saturday night.

I was watching that. Almost fell out of my seat when I heard it - it was really cringey

4:30 into this if anyone's curious https://www.itv.com/itvplayer/take-me-out/series-7/episode-7

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Where do things stand on the Benoit biopic? Last I heard it had a director and there was a guy lined up to play him.

Is there resistance from WWE on it or is it just in development hell?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,011 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Where do things stand on the Benoit biopic? Last I heard it had a director and there was a guy lined up to play him.

Is there resistance from WWE on it or is it just in development hell?

I didn't even know there was one in the works. I'd assume wwe wouldn't touch it with a twenty foot barge pole.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Gerry Rio

Ive noticed that WWE are selling out a lot of 15-17 thousand capacity venues for Raw lately.

How does this compare to their 80s Hulamania years and the 90s Attitude era?

I realise that wrestling overall in those two other times was much more popular and that overall they probably put more bums on seats, but in terms of venue capacities for the main TV shows how does 15-17k compare in WWE's history?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Who would be considered the locker room 'big dog' these days? I know it would have been 'Taker, but who is it now, and do they still have Wrestlers Court?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Brendão wrote: »
    Who would be considered the locker room 'big dog' these days? I know it would have been 'Taker, but who is it now, and do they still have Wrestlers Court?

My guess would be show, cena, orton and maybe henry.

ricero wrote: »
    My guess would be show, cena, orton and maybe henry.

Definitely Cena, maybe Henry purely down to his longevity there and nothing else, but I highly doubt Orton is.

It was only in the past year or two he hasnt been known backstage for been anything but a bit of a bollix, and not in a good way.

Love him or hate him Kane would definitely be up there as a leader.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Big show would be up there also I'd imagine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

While the "wrestler's court" thing was for disputes and issues between workers, nowadays you hear that a lot of them are walking on egg shells and there's not as many incidents. Alberto did get fired for slapping the racist social media guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

Gerry Rio wrote: »
    Ive noticed that WWE are selling out a lot of 15-17 thousand capacity venues for Raw lately.

How does this compare to their 80s Hulamania years and the 90s Attitude era?

I realise that wrestling overall in those two other times was much more popular and that overall they probably put more bums on seats, but in terms of venue capacities for the main TV shows how does 15-17k compare in WWE's history?

You can search this site for attendance figures by and compare between the eras http://www.thehistoryofwwe.com/results.htm

I watch Raw these days on Youtube the day after so I can skip through the sh*te. It is very easy to find a few hours after its aired but its always in a modified form.

Either the audio has been slowed down or sped up or it shows only a portion of the screen, like it has zoomed in too far usually.

Two questions: Is it uploaded this way to avoid Youtube's automatic flagging software? Or is it because the uploader could argue that the quality is so far away from TV quality that it cant be taken down.

Secondly, now that they are so heavily invested in the Network why do WWE allow these uploads at all? They should have social media staff scanning Youtube and similar following Raw to report them and have them taken down. Hell, they could have two or three interns do it for them and let the social media staff go to bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

1. Yes, the zooming/pitch altering is to avoid YouTube's automated content ID system (otherwise it would be blocked before it went online). The lower quality is has nothing to do with the uploader arguing fair use (it would be taken down whenever WWE's staff find it)

2. WWE don't allow these uploads, they can only go after what they find! Social Media staff don't scan for copyrighted content. That's a different job! WWE do enlist people to search forums & YouTube and take down their content, they go for the higher search ranking ones first (new videos would be down the list). They are doing an excellent job finding and blocking WWE videos, there is far less WWE content on YT now than there was in December; they did the same purge to youtube this time last year.

W/R/T YouTube content, WWE are on an automatic block/deny fair-use/takedown mode at the moment, with the launch of the Network and eliminating any online 'competition'. They even flag/remove videos that they have no right to (e.g. Warner Bros' Scooby Doo/WWE film). So if you find illegally-uploaded editions of RAW on YouTube, watch 'em quick as WWE will get to them soon enough.

WWE has kind of eliminated that culture to be honest. I know the Ascension and Leo Kruger ran the NXT locker room before they were called up largely as they were in developmental the longest.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,134 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Who started the "Suck it!" promo? DX or Pre-DX New Age Outlaws?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Who started the "Suck it!" promo? DX or Pre-DX New Age Outlaws?

DX, as in HBK & Trips circa mid/late 97.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Dya know you always hear of WWE are mad to push a masked superstar ala Mysterio. I know there is the Latino thing but it's also touted it's cause of the masks and the revenue they bring in.

Was it ever reported why WWE they decided against El Generico being his masked replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Deadlie

Just watching The Warriors here (the 70s movie about the gangs) and there's the Booker T catchphrases in it loads at the start, 'can you dig it, Suckaaah'

Just wondering did he have any reason to knick it, was it a happy coincidence or is it just a common NYC saying?

• Advertisement

ShagNastii wrote: »
    Was it ever reported why WWE they decided against El Generico being his masked replacement.

Until the 11th hour Sami Zayn was going to be the masked El Rojo (he did an NXT live event under that name) until someone operating in Sami's best interests told him that someone of his size in a mask was never going to be something Vince McMahon would take seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

His facial expressions are awesome too, he can really sell intensity, pain, passion etc, so much better without the mask

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Was watching an old Generico video the other night and it was hillarious to see the butthurt fans saying that without the mask he's nothing and WWE would kill his career etc.

They're probably the same lads buying Sami Zayn merch and saying "EEUUH I knew he'd be a star all along!"

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    His facial expressions are awesome too, he can really sell intensity, pain, passion etc, so much better without the mask

I was a bit panicked when they took it off him tbh. But yeah dropping the mask was a game changer.

Shoe horning this in here but Paige this week revealed that her FCW name could have been Echo!
    Was watching an old Generico video the other night and it was hillarious to see the butthurt fans saying that without the mask he's nothing and WWE would kill his career etc.

They're probably the same lads buying Sami Zayn merch and saying "EEUUH I knew he'd be a star all along!"

I must say I was one of those fans wasn't actually butthurt though. I was just over influenced by the long running narrative of "he's under a mask as he's really ugly in real life". Watching his facial expressions under the mask and how animated he is have tipped people off that there was something under there.

Obviously people don't like change but generally I like to think I operate with a cooler head than most online when it comes to names. I remember people dumping on "Antonio Cesaro" hugely and the same more recently with Finn Balor and Hideo Itami.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Anyone know where this gif is from?

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Clemantis

rovert wrote: »
    I was just over influenced by the long running narrative of "he's under a mask as he's really ugly in real life".
    Yeah, I remember this being said when he was first signed. Was it some kind of rib? Cus the man ain't ugly.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Anyone know where this gif is from?

The infamous match at SummerSlam 2005 vs Hulk Hogan where he oversells everything. Basically having a go at HH for politicking his way out of laying down for Shawn in a return match.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I love that match for how utterly ridiculous it became.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Angron wrote: »
    I love that match for how utterly ridiculous it became.

Me too. HBK was a thick in the 90's but c*nt Hogan rubbed me up far worse, brother!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭veganrun

Who created Finn Baylor's theme music? It sounds too original and different compared to the usual plodding, cookie cutter WWE themes.

Advertisement