Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q&A thread - Your Questions Answered! **no chat**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

veganrun wrote: »
    Who created Finn Baylor's theme music?

Sorry to disappoint but it's made by CFO$, who make practically all of the new WWE themes these days. It is a massive step up from the usual quality. Perhaps they were just inspired by Devitt :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭veganrun

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Sorry to disappoint but it's made by CFO$, who make practically all of the new WWE themes these days. It is a massive step up from the usual quality. Perhaps they were just inspired by Devitt :)

Who or what is CFO$? Never heard of it before.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Who or what is CFO$? Never heard of it before.
    It's basically the new Jim Johnston. A group that seems to exist solely to make songs for entrance music.

Thinking of buying a few items from the WWE US shop - Euroshop don't even have the same products listed.

Will I get stung with customs charges?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Thinking of buying a few items from the WWE US shop - Euroshop don't even have the same products listed.

Will I get stung with customs charges?

I've sllways been stung!
    Got a double order one time by mistake and even tho wwe only charged me once customs charged me twice

• Advertisement

MrMac84 wrote: »
    I've sllways been stung!
    Got a double order one time by mistake and even tho wwe only charged me once customs charged me twice

I've ordered before too but don't remember if I get stung for customs or not. Its annoying as its not like we're getting the stuff cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

Pleasingly, Devitt NXT shirt I bought from US store is way higher quality than CM Punk shirt I bought after pipebomb promo. Very happy camper!

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Deadlie

Had contracts not been an issue, what would the most likely lineup for the WWF/Alliance match at Survivor Series have been?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Deadlie wrote: »
    Had contracts not been an issue, what would the most likely lineup for the WWF/Alliance match at Survivor Series have been?

Do you mean if WWE could have signed any WCW guy? That's fantasy booking - and then there's the question of whether Sting and Goldberg would have come at that time. Hogan, Nash, Hall, Sting, Goldberg and Flair were probably the biggest stars, so pick any 5 of those 6.

No doubt WWE would still have overbooked and added a few turns along the way.

Contracts weren't an issue with the NWO in 2002 and they still messed that up.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

How long does a Raw show last? I know they have the pre-show, 3 hour tv, are there some other dark matches also?
    The fans must be exhausted leaving.

• Advertisement

Kolido wrote: »
    How long does a Raw show last? I know they have the pre-show, 3 hour tv, are there some other dark matches also?
    The fans must be exhausted leaving.

They also record Superstars before the show (maybe same time as the pre-show, not sure); so it's about three extra matches in addition to RAW; so would be close to 4 hours anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Yeah it's a good 4 hours all in all

I've gone to the London taping twice now and both were about that length

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Has their been many face wrestlers with a manager (for more than a couple of matches) trying to think of a few and can't. Guess Austin had Debra, Paul Ellering with LOD for a bit. Many others?

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    Has their been many face wrestlers with a manager (for more than a couple of matches) trying to think of a few and can't. Guess Austin had Debra, Paul Ellering with LOD for a bit. Many others?

Taker

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

The Undertaker had Paul Bearer for quite a number of years. Hulk Hogan had Jimmy Hart also.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Taker had Paul Bearer for when he was heel and just kept him while face. Don't know if I'd count him really.

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭Alexis Sanchez

HBK had José Lothario.

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭Alexis Sanchez

Reganio 2 wrote: »

The Rock briefly had Debra in 2001.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Randy Savage had Elizabeth.

Headshrinkers had Lou Albano and Men on a mission had Oscar if they count

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Jack swagger has Zeb Colter,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭glenjamin

Hardy Boys had Michael Hayes.

glenjamin wrote: »
    Hardy Boys had Michael Hayes.

And Terri.

I think all the McMahons have been babyface managers but usually only for short-term storyline purposes until they turned heel again.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Was writing an angle for him in the PW draft and 1 issue threw me cos there isn't much info online...Is Hiroshi Tanahash married? I remember a story about his girlfriend literally stabbing him in the back a few years back so maybe im getting Tanahashi mixed up with someone else but I thought there was some issue with him and iirc Christy Hemme where his wife wasn't best pleased by her interacting with him the way she did or something similar. I'ts possible ive just mixed a few stories together in my head)

anyone know?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Yeah you have it half right, his girlfriend stabbed him in the back but it didn't have anything to do with Christy.

I think that the Christy thing was she was too close to Triple H so got the boot from WWE

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

DM_7 wrote: »
    Yeah you have it half right, his girlfriend stabbed him in the back but it didn't have anything to do with Christy.

I think that the Christy thing was she was too close to Triple H so got the boot from WWE

knew the HHH bit (and yeah about the stabbing) but perhaps I had Christy or Tanahashi mixed up cos I thought there was a story about some issue where an opposing wrestlers valet got physical with Tanahashi during one of their matches and his wife was pissed. For some reason thought it was Hemme during some cross promotional bout but now im not sure if he even has a wife.

Not too important to be honest as it is just for a line in a draft angle but its odd for such a high profile guy for there to be so little info on the subject, although no mention of a wife would probably mean a lack there of one I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

could anyone explain to me the concept of jeff jarretts new promotion global force wrestling ?

is he looking for a tv deal ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

ricero wrote: »
    could anyone explain to me the concept of jeff jarretts new promotion global force wrestling ?

is he looking for a tv deal ?

There were murmurs that he was trying to a TV deal for a reality show about him travelling around scouting for talent to sign which would be the precursor to GFW launching as a wrestling promotion with a TV show.

To date afaik, all he has is a "database" of names and numbers and he got New Japan Pro Wrestling on PPV in the States.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 259 ✭✭Dep!

Was it ever explained why they dropped the American national anthem from Mania last year? It really took away from the big feel of the event IMHO.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

The Rock, Austin and Hogan cutting promos on one another trumps any song to open Mania imo.

Advertisement