Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q&A thread - Your Questions Answered! **no chat**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

It wasn't the National Anthem maybe since the first ever WrestleMania. It's America The Beautiful.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,010 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

It wasn't the National Anthem maybe since the first ever WrestleMania. It's America The Beautiful.

The national anthem was sung at the first one. Mean gene sung it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I actually liked that it wasn't done. I hated that showing up at the start of every Wrestlemania.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

ricero wrote: »
    could anyone explain to me the concept of jeff jarretts new promotion global force wrestling ?

is he looking for a tv deal ?

I think it will be an NWA type deal. If/when Jarrett lands a TV deal, it will be to show bits of each promotion that he has gotten on board. I doubt he convinced the likes of NJPW to get on board without having something in the pipeline.

Don't think it will ever be an actual promotion by itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

talk of GFW doing tapings in las vegas in May or July

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Why and when did WWE become so tight with the armed forces? Is it as simple as Americans, propaganda, etc.. or is there more to it?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Kolido wrote: »
    Why and when did WWE become so tight with the armed forces? Is it as simple as Americans, propaganda, etc.. or is there more to it?

It is that simple. Vince McMahon loves America.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

rovert wrote: »
    It is that simple. Vince McMahon loves America.
    rovert is right but it's also just good business. Americans REALLY get behind their troops (to not do so is a big deal over there) so it brings people in when they honour them!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

I'm fairly sure the original Tribute To The Troops was JBL's idea. JBL would be a fairly conservative, patriotic American. From wiki
    During the 2006 show, Director of Air Force Morale, Welfare and Recreation Art Myers presented WWE Chairman Vince McMahon with the Secretary of Defense Exceptional Public Service Award. McMahon immediately presented the award to John Bradshaw Layfield, who had the idea for the show.

For WWE, it's just good PR and probably gets them some media attention.

Then there was Linda McMahon and her attempts to become a senator, where every little helps.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 259 ✭✭Dep!

Angron wrote: »
    I actually liked that it wasn't done. I hated that showing up at the start of every Wrestlemania.

Id disagree, I think it really adds to the "big feel" of the event.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Don't really see how, just felt like more "America, f*ck yeah" stuff from a company with quite a large number of non-US workers. I don't like WWE putting a US slant on these things, like they do with almost every non-US heel (like every single feud Rusev has had).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭veganrun

Does Bray Wyatt write his own promo's? They seem a bit too original and free flowing to be scripted.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

veganrun wrote: »
    Does Bray Wyatt write his own promo's? They seem a bit too original and free flowing to be scripted.

He pretty much comes up with his own stuff. He's given free reign over it, because he's proven himself capable over time. I'm sure he's presented with a "bullet point' list of stuff to get in, which he does in his own words. Ambrose is given the same treatment

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    He pretty much comes up with his own stuff. He's given free reign over it, because he's proven himself capable over time. I'm sure he's presented with a "bullet point' list of stuff to get in, which he does in his own words. Ambrose is given the same treatment

Really? I'd believe it about Wyatt but didn't Ambrose say he didn't like a single promo he has done in WWE?

Really? I'd believe it about Wyatt but didn't Ambrose say he didn't like a single promo he has done in WWE?

He was on Jericho's Podcast there recently, and said that basically he's allowed talk for himself, as long as he gets the main points across

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

He did.

I think what he was getting at was that even though he has some freedom as opposed to always reading off a sheet, he still has to work with lame material at times and is still bound by the usual silly rules of WWE such as having to stay PG and always use the usual Vince-isms such as "Sports Entertainment" and "WWE Universe" which certainly make me cringe every time I hear them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

How come Cena hasn't changed his music in a while. Would have thought they would have changed it to capitalise on a new album it iTunes sales or whatever it may bring.

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    How come Cena hasn't changed his music in a while. Would have thought they would have changed it to capitalise on a new album it iTunes sales or whatever it may bring.

Good point. Might be for the same reason Jericho wasn't allowed to change his. Vince wanted the same music because it embodied the character, matched the superstar perfectly. Jericho wanted to return once with Avenged Sevenfold's Nightmare as his theme.

Plenty of other guys never changed once they got the right song (other than variations). HBK, Taker, Rock, Austin, Orton, Big Show, Mark Henry etc

• Registered Users Posts: 29,133 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Just trying to think, has there been any time when they pushed the wrong member of a tag team. Like imagine Marty was pushed instead of Shawn. Or Roman was pushed instead of Dean... :) But were there any teams, even in your own opinion, that should've had the other member pushed better?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Miz main evented a WrestleMania. John Morrison has only ever been in multi man matches.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

They ran a promo video for the Iraq war before Wrestlemania 19.

Lex Luger and Hulk Hogan played that whole American hero thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Whosthis

Does anybody remember an angle from WCW, possibly on WCW Saturday Night, Sting tricked Flair into signing a contract using carbon paper?

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Endaaaagh

I’ve been going through the list of Wrestlemania main events and I can only find 2 instances of a heel winning in the main event, The Miz at WM27 and HHH at WM17. Are these the only 2 times a Heel winning has closed the show?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

If it counts, Yoko won at WM9, though we all know what came next.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Cena at WM22, 23, 25, 26 and 29 surely count :pac:

If it counts, Yoko won at WM9, though we all know what came next.

I didn't mention that..for obvious reasons brother

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

HHH was at WrestleMania 2000 (16).

At 17, you had the Stone Cold heel turn, so technically a heel walking out as winner?

Omackeral wrote: »
    HHH was at WrestleMania 2000 (16).

At 17, you had the Stone Cold heel turn, so technically a heel walking out as winner?

Got confused by the Wrestlemania 2000 bit, tried to do the maths but came up wrong. It's probably blasphemey not knowing the main event of Wrestlemania 17:o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    The national anthem was sung at the first one. Mean gene sung it.
    Yeah, so I was right then. That is what I meant when I said not since the first one.

• Advertisement

Yeah, so I was right then. That is what I meant when I said not since the first one.

Sorry to be pedantic but Lillian Garcia sang the national anthem at WrestleMania 16.

Advertisement