Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q&A thread - Your Questions Answered! **no chat**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

flahavaj wrote: »
    It was the username they gave me for computer access in college years ago

Was there a reason for that name or did they guy who gave you the name just palm the keyboard and "There you go!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

CMpunked wrote: »
    Was there a reason for that name or did they guy who gave you the name just palm the keyboard and "There you go!"

A combination of surname and first name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

flahavaj wrote: »
    A combination of surname and first name.

I'd have thought it was a combination of surname and in the rats when you were registering

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Gerard.C wrote: »
    I'd have thought it was a combination of surname and in the rats when you were registering

I actually was demented when I was registering every year. The bar was right across from the exam hall we used have to go to. Big happy head on me in the photo for the student card every year.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

who performed the very last piledriver on wwe?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

who performed the very last piledriver on wwe?

Besides the Tombstone.I think I remember Hbk using it most recently don't as me who against(maybe Taker), I remember people were wondering how he was allowed to do it.Apparently WWE trust veterans like Hbk doing it but don't expect David Otunga to do one in the next match he has.

GTR63 wrote: »
    Besides the Tombstone.I think I remember Hbk using it most recently don't as me who against(maybe Taker)

I remember him giving cena one on the steps at 23.
    Bit of a shock when he done it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I'm fairly sure Lawler used one recently on The Miz. Maybe at No Way Out? Or it could've been in their TLC match.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

CMpunked wrote: »
    Was that the first thing that came into your head when you read the question too?

Yeah.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,045 ✭✭✭✭cena

How does the taker do that thing with his eyes?

Also what the name of his new entrance songs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

jaykhunter wrote: »
    I'm fairly sure Lawler used one recently on The Miz. Maybe at No Way Out? Or it could've been in their TLC match.

He teased one but he didn't actually do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭savemejebus

cena wrote: »
    How does the taker do that thing with his eyes?

Also what the name of his new entrance songs.

i think he just rolls his eyes 'really hard'

Ain't No Grave by Johnny Cash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Lads, I just deleted a number of posts for nonsensical posts and pointless bickering. What part of *NO CHAT* do you not understand?

If you think a guy is constantly trolling, report the post(s). Leave it up to myself and BH to sort it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭Degag

I think Lawler is (or at least was) allowed to use the piledriver after it was banned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

The piledriver that's banned in the Texas piledriver, where they have the head between the legs and jump up in the air.

The one that seems to be allowed at times is a sort of pulling piledriver, where they set it up like its a powerbomb, but fall backwards and pull the waist with them to turn it into a piledriver. Removes the danger that was involved with the old fashioned jumping type.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Who was the first Wrestler to use the lights going out in the arena & then appearing.I'm assuming it was Undertaker but I know Sabu used to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭TheBantam

In the Hell In A Cell match with Mankind and Undertaker was Mankind meant to go through the top of the cage with that chokeslam?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭Smoshi

Yeah i think so

The ring was set up to sink in when he hit aswell, wasnt it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

TheBantam wrote: »
    In the Hell In A Cell match with Mankind and Undertaker was Mankind meant to go through the top of the cage with that chokeslam?

No, I'm pretty sure I've read somewhere that the cell wasn't supposed to "cave in" for the chokeslam. When Foley landed in the ring, he was legitimately KO'd for a few seconds

EDIT: Found the clip, from 2.10 onwards

Whats the likelyhood of wwe pushing Zack Ryder?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Smoshi wrote: »
    Whats the likelyhood of wwe pushing Zack Ryder?

I'd imagine its impossible for anyone to answer given the current nature of the product; seems to me people get random pushes which last two - three weeks without warning and said pushes end as quickly...

No, I'm pretty sure I've read somewhere that the cell wasn't supposed to "cave in" for the chokeslam. When Foley landed in the ring, he was legitimately KO'd for a few seconds

The throwing him off the cage was planned, the cage breaking was not.

I heard a guy actually ask foley that question a few years back and he answered by saying something like "well if I was, I wasn't told about it." I lol'd.

But he did follow it up with he was merely supposed to bs chockslammed onto the chair that was lying on the roof.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭Degag

TheBantam wrote: »
    No he wasn't. Incidently the chair that he was supposed to fall on fell down and hit him in the face after he went though the top of the cage and opened a 2 inch hole in his mouth and he lost a few teeth.

Whats the likelihood of WWE (or even TNA) ever doing a PPV here or in the UK?

WWE might do something like Insurrexxion again, but the chances of a mainstream PPV happening over these parts in the near future is unlikely.

As for TNA, more likely, but really who knows?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I think it's an appropriate time to point out the WWF's SummerSlam 1992 at Wembley Stadium was legitimately WWE's biggest crowd ever. Having about 82,000; it smokes WrestleMania III's 78,000.

WWE have been working that number for over 20 years, saying it's 93,000. Although the maximum capacity for basketball is 78,000...even moving seats around, there's a fire code to adhere to. They'd unlikely even get 80,000.

Well done WWE. Biggest crowd ever -- let's never do it again. If they didn't do two tours and two TV tapings weeks over here they could do it.....they'd just need to promote a big match at a big PPV.

......maybe whenever Barrett is a big-time babyface (unlikely! lol) and challenges for the WWE title they could do it at wembley....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Good point Jay. Another option would be to book Ricky Hatton and/or David Haye in a wrestler v boxer match, similar to Mayweather/Big Show at WM. They are huge in England and would be sure to boost ticket sales.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Smoshi wrote: »
    Whats the likelihood of WWE (or even TNA) ever doing a PPV here or in the UK?

With the time difference, it's pretty unlikely

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

jaykhunter wrote: »
    I think it's an appropriate time to point out the WWF's SummerSlam 1992 at Wembley Stadium was legitimately WWE's biggest crowd ever. Having about 82,000; it smokes WrestleMania III's 78,000.

WWE have been working that number for over 20 years, saying it's 93,000. Although the maximum capacity for basketball is 78,000...even moving seats around, there's a fire code to adhere to. They'd unlikely even get 80,000.

Well done WWE. Biggest crowd ever -- let's never do it again. If they didn't do two tours and two TV tapings weeks over here they could do it.....they'd just need to promote a big match at a big PPV.

......maybe whenever Barrett is a big-time babyface (unlikely! lol) and challenges for the WWE title they could do it at wembley....

Summerslam 1992 flopped in the USA and thats the important part the USA market is what matters to Vince.

Advertisement