Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q&A thread - Your Questions Answered! **no chat**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Are there stories of The Rock being an ass to other guys? Also who has Triple H refused to lose to and why?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Ageyev wrote: »
    Billy wasn't as good as others who were being pushed and in 2000 needed time off for shoulder surgery. When he came back Undertaker stole his "Ass" name.
    Bit of a stretch there.

Billy and Chuck was amazing by the way and no one will tell me any differently

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

Bit of a stretch there.

Billy and Chuck was amazing by the way and no one will tell me any differently

I guess so but 'The One Billy Gunn' was a crap gimmick name.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

mxph3 wrote: »
    Were WWE Ice Cream bars sold over here?

I remember the original bars, in the late 80's / early 90's were alright. Not the latest iteration though

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Sorry to be pedantic but Lillian Garcia sang the national anthem at WrestleMania 16.
    Thank you for reminding me of that. So is it 2 WrestleManias in total it's been sung?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

When Hogan made that infamous promo at Bash at the Beach and mentioned the New World Organistation of pro wrestling, was the name scripted or did he come up with it there and then?
    I know they already had the idea but had they already decided on the name NWO at that point. It was few weeks later I believe before they started wearing the t shirts and going full time with the name.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Why did Mr.Ass' main event push fail?

Other than his "two words" he wasn't a great talker. He had a comedy-based gimmick which nobody would take seriously as a main eventer. It was the same time as Triple H's push and there was only going to be one winner there.

Not sure it was meant to be a main event push. He had one main event calibre match, against The Rock at Summerslam and lost clean.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Kolido wrote: »
    When Hogan made that infamous promo at Bash at the Beach and mentioned the New World Organistation of pro wrestling, was the name scripted or did he come up with it there and then?

I always thought he was botching it a la silverdome.

It's New World ORDER Hulk, get it right. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭Pentecost

I always thought he was botching it a la silverdome.

It's New World ORDER Hulk, get it right. :pac:

I assumed this too. I'd be surprised if he didn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Yea I always thought he got it wrong and doesnt Bisch say he got the name from looking at a dollar bill and seeing new world order written on it

• Advertisement

Are there stories of The Rock being an ass to other guys? Also who has Triple H refused to lose to and why?

Rock buried Headbanger Mosh during a promo at Royal Rumble 2000 and called Kevin Nash "Big Daddy Bitch" which wasn't scripted

H refused to put over everyone between 2002 and 2006! After wrestling Chris Benoit at No Mercy 2000, Triple H proclaimed to the boys in the back that Benoit "can be carried [to a good match]"

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Rock buried Headbanger Mosh during a promo at Royal Rumble 2000 and called Kevin Nash "Big Daddy Bitch" which wasn't scripted

H refused to put over everyone between 2002 and 2006! After wrestling Chris Benoit at No Mercy 2000, Triple H proclaimed to the boys in the back that Benoit "can be carried [to a good match]"

Dave Batista and John Cena back to back at Wrestlemania.

Soz, got the year wrong. He put Dave over a few times in 2005 and Benoit in 2004 and Shawn once or twice. He should've lost to Randy Orton though.

Can someone explain how Piper is Bret Hart's cousin? Can't find anything online about this and looking at their family tree it doesn't add up.

Can someone explain how Piper is Bret Hart's cousin? Can't find anything online about this and looking at their family tree it doesn't add up.

Never ever ever heard that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Pipers dad's is some kind of cousin of Stu Hart from what I can recall

Omackeral wrote: »

I think they played this up in the build up to their (awesome) Mania 8 match

That was just a little before my time. I've seen the match though and it's a classic.

That was just a little before my time. I've seen the match though and it's a classic.

I'd have been 8 years old myself when it was held!

I do remember hearing about Roddy n Bret though. Could be wrong on the Mania thing

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Rod mentioned it in passing when I went to see him in Cork, saying that Bret came up with this from somewhere and that he really didn't understand it, something to that effect anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭Alexis Sanchez

Has The Rock ever visited Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,004 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Did WWE ever do a hell in a cell match with a old style cage match inside that ? I've either imagined this and maybe I should pitch it to WWE or they have and I can't find it.

It was the answer to a trivia question on Raw this week.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

It was the answer to a trivia question on Raw this week.

4th or 5 cousins i heard

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Did WWE ever do a hell in a cell match with a old style cage match inside that ? I've either imagined this and maybe I should pitch it to WWE or they have and I can't find it.

The Kennel from Hell back in 1999.

An all time great match!

I did enjoy the Big Bossman storylines from back then. He did some of the sickest heel angles ever around that time.

The matches....not so much..haha.

Itssoeasy wrote: »

www.dailymotion.com/video/x4e7bp_al-snow-vs-big-boss-man-unforgiven_sport

Unforgiving 1999. There were Rottweilers with handlers in the cell and the objective to escape both cages. The dogs pissed everywhere and bumped on another.

On Mick Corey's Hard Knocks and Cheap Pops there is an alternative commentary track from him where he takes the piss out of the whole thing.

The Punjabi prison match was a cage structure inside a larger cage structure. WCW/NWA had all manner if weird gimmick cage matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,966 ✭✭✭✭briany

WCW/NWA had all manner if weird gimmick cage matches.

You're not wrong there. Here's a cage match (of sorts) set on the open road, featuring Dustin Rhodes (Goldust) v. Blacktop Bully (Barry Darsow AKA Repo Man AKA Demolition Smash)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,011 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

They loved wasting money on matches that the fans could never possibly enjoy.

The Alliance to End Hulkamania vs The Mega Powers in a ridiculous triple cage setup was awful too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,004 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

They loved wasting money on matches that the fans could never possibly enjoy.

The Alliance to End Hulkamania vs The Mega Powers in a ridiculous triple cage setup was awful too.

Was that uncensored 96 ? That sounds like that main event which is gold in the wrong way.

Advertisement