Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q&A thread - Your Questions Answered! **no chat**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

These kind of storylines are fine if the WWE know what they're doing in the long term. It would be no harm to have a title change on a house show once in a while, to add to the excitement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

What was the problem between Vader and Shawn at Summerslam '96? Was Vader supposed to go over or something? I don't know any details so I'd really like a detailed answer.

Shawn got annoyed that Vader didn't get a planned spot where he (Michaels) was coming off the top rope, so he stiffed him afterwards. Apparently* he went to Vince saying he was dangerous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

Shawn was feeling the heat under his collar with having to carry the ship after Nash and Hall left and while Bret was on sabbatical/potentially leaving for WCW too. Some in the office were unsure about Shawn's ability to carry the ball and draw, especially during a period of poor business numbers - the NWO angle was kicked off the month before remember.

So Shawn threw a bit of a temper tantrum over a botched spot. Vader was booked to win the belt at Survivor Series that year in MSG but Shawn had Vader nixed from that plan and they went with Sid which then allowed for the somewhat vanity moment of Shawn regaining the belt in Texas at the 1997 Rumble.

Vader in WWF never took off. Some of that may be due to a shoulder injury, the different WWF style or truncated push.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Does anyone else think the thump the ref makes when dropping to the mat to count a pin is actually him counting 1, and then gets confused when he counts 1-2-3?

See Balor vs Breeze from NXT Unstoppable for an example.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭themick

Does anyone else think the thump the ref makes when dropping to the mat to count a pin is actually him counting 1, and then gets confused when he counts 1-2-3?

See Balor vs Breeze from NXT Unstoppable for an example.

The ref actually slapped mat 4 times in that match..that time ref messed up

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭bobby_says_hi

There's some times when he's checking if the shoulders are down by rubbing the mat. If he does it too fast, it can be misinterpreted as a count

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Yeah, the first whack of his hand you could see he was reaching under Tyler's shoulder to check. It was so audible though that it seemed like a mess up.

As I said in the other thread, in pretty much every wrestling show I watch I notice that sound.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭Pentecost

themick wrote: »
    The ref actually slapped mat 4 times in that match..that time ref messed up

The crowd counted 1, 2, 3 and then there was a fourth slap after that before the bell rang so it did seem off.

• Advertisement

Was giving the belt to Randy Orton in 2004 done as a f*ck you to Brock Lesnar after his departure?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Was giving the belt to Randy Orton in 2004 done as a f*ck you to Brock Lesnar after his departure?

Supposedly so. They didn't want Brock to have the "youngest world champ in history" to hold onto.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

They had to give it to someone after it went missing between Wrestlemania 20 and Summerslam

Is there any stories or rumors about Triple H not putting Booker over at Mania 19?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Is there any stories or rumors about Triple H not putting Booker over at Mania 19?

There's loads of stories and over the course of time accounts have changed. But Booker T was at one stage was promised the title - it fits with the story with they were telling. But Triple H decided it would be better if he kept the title after Goldberg signed so they could do Triple H - Goldberg for the title down the road.

God Goldberg should have won the belt at SummerSlam after dominating everyone.

I don't think WWF were ever going to go all the way with Goldberg though, as he was WCW's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,363 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

just watch some of the build to that match and the finish if you have any doubts..

honestly just thinking most of hhhs mania matches since that time have seen the wrong man go over..

booker @19..wrong man won
    benoit @20..hhh was the one to tap when he shouldn't have thus giving him an excuse for rematches
    batista @21..right result
    cena @22..right result though the booking leading into the show was atrocious
    cena/orton @24..not sure cena should be the one taking the pin there
    orton @25...wrong man won
    sheamus @26...should never have been clean especially after hhh pinned sheamus at the chamber a month earlier
    taker @27..ending was a joke with taker having to be carried out
    [email]taker@28..right[/email] result
    lesnar @29..wrong man won
    bryan @30..right result
    sting @31..not sure sting should lose his first wwe match but given his age it doesn't matter either way but probably still wrong result

rossie1977 wrote: »
    just watch some of the build to that match and the finish if you have any doubts..

honestly just thinking most of hhhs mania matches since that time have seen the wrong man go over..

booker @19..wrong man won
    benoit @20..hhh was the one to tap when he shouldn't have thus giving him an excuse for rematches
    batista @21..right result
    cena @22..right result though the booking leading into the show was atrocious
    cena/orton @24..not sure cena should be the one taking the pin there
    orton @25...wrong man won
    sheamus @26...should never have been clean especially after hhh pinned sheamus at the chamber a month earlier
    taker @27..ending was a joke with taker having to be carried out
    [email]taker@28..right[/email] result
    lesnar @29..wrong man won
    bryan @30..right result
    sting @31..not sure sting should lose his first wwe match but given his age it doesn't matter either way but probably still wrong result

What was the booking for that match like?

Why did they take the MITB off of Mr.Kennedy? I'm assuming that something happened to cause this unless it was always intended for Edge to beat him for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

They misdiagnosed an injury he had i.e. it was way less serious than they originally thought. He also promised to do a cash in at Mania. Ah Kenjamin...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

Bit of a stupid question but what is the story behind the beef with William Regal and that Rick sign guy fella? Seen a couple of tweets from a while back where Regal was calling him a nonce. Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Griever931

It might be just a bit of banter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

I was watching WM25 on the network and during Rey v JBL and I have 2 questions:

Is there a backstory to why JBL lost the match so quick and then quit after? Was he legit injured/retiring?

Also, during Rey's entrance, on commentary King says "Rey is like Heath Ledgers Joker, what do you think of that JR?" and after a brief pause JR says, "I think Rey's career is alive and kicking." Was this a Vince line? If it's a reference to Heath Ledgers death then it's in really poor taste imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

I was watching WM25 on the network and during Rey v JBL and I have 2 questions:

Is there a backstory to why JBL lost the match so quick and then quit after? Was he legit injured/retiring?

Also, during Rey's entrance, on commentary King says "Rey is like Heath Ledgers Joker, what do you think of that JR?" and after a brief pause JR says, "I think Rey's career is alive and kicking." Was this a Vince line? If it's a reference to Heath Ledgers death then it's in really poor taste imo.

Yea jbl was retiring and that's the way he wanted to go out as he said on jerichos podcast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I noticed Sheamus has changed his call from his entrance. He used to shout 'Fellllaaaa!!!!' but now he says something else. I can't quite make out what the words are. I was thinking maybe it's something in Irish.

Anyone know?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I noticed Sheamus has changed his call from his entrance. He used to shout 'Fellllaaaa!!!!' but now he says something else. I can't quite make out what the words are. I was thinking maybe it's something in Irish.

Anyone know?
    Main thing I've noticed him yelling is "Are you not entertained!", could that be it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Anyone know?

From the man himself

https://twitter.com/WWESheamus/status/586302631070531586

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

It's three words that he says at the moment the spotlight comes on during his entrance. I found a video of it here (see the 14 second mark):

I'm thinking it's something in Irish?

It's bugging me. :pac:

Edit: Only just saw the post above. Cheers, man!

• Advertisement

Ah, I hadn't really paid enough attention to his entrance so!

Advertisement