Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q&A thread - Your Questions Answered! **no chat**

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Probably comes from "Fág an bealach" so. He went to a Gaelscoil when he was younger, didn't he?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I haven't a clue. Is there anyone on here from Cabra, or even "North St. George's Street"? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Full of knackers! I lived close to both. Maybe he went to the Gaeltacht!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Full of knackers! I lived close to both. Maybe he went to the Gaeltacht!

If I could be serious for a minute, and don't take this to heart, why is it acceptable to talk about the travellers like this on the forum?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

If I could be serious for a minute, and don't take this to heart, why is it acceptable to talk about the travellers like this on the forum?

He means undesirables/scumbags rather than Travellers. If you follow OSW Review you'll know that they call Justin Credible a rat-faced knacker the whole time, nothing to do with Traveller folk at all most def. That's not the vibe in PW whatsoever.

• Advertisement

Omackeral wrote: »
    He means undesirables/scumbags rather than Travellers. If you follow OSW Review you'll know that they call Justin Credible a rat-faced knacker the whole time, nothing to do with Traveller folk at all most def. That's not the vibe in PW whatsoever.

I watch the show and know that and I assumed it was in reference to travellers.

I don't mean to come off as a bitch but it's a big if. You or I might get it but the next fella might not.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

It's a proper community in this forum though, most of us know each other and any racism/discrimination wouldn't be welcome on the boards. Anyway, that's enough on this from me. I'm sure Jay will tell you himself he means no harm.

No one ever knows anyone in this world. You think you know people, and then they turn heel. Anyway, the people who have all posted above me seem like some of the soundest here.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Knacker means general scum, no reference to travellers. Irish people are tremendously well-adjusted so the fact that this has veered straight into a discussion about what's PC/discrimination etc, and I have to explain myself, makes me a little sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Zemuppet

Moving on from knackers (scumbags) :pac:, back to the questions.

Will the WWE be able to make the Owen Hart DVD even if Marta Hart still objects to him being referenced or shown by WWE? Bret in JR's podcast seems to hint that the rest of the Hart family are up for it and even admonished Marta over her stance on Owen's legacy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Zemuppet wrote: »
    Moving on from knackers (scumbags) :pac:, back to the questions.

Will the WWE be able to make the Owen Hart DVD even if Marta Hart still objects to him being referenced or shown by WWE? Bret in JR's podcast seems to hint that the rest of the Hart family are up for it and even admonished Marta over her stance on Owen's legacy.

I'm sure they would. They own the video libraries with Owen's matches in them, not Martha. I'm sure, when they sign contracts etc, wrestlers have to allow the WWE use of their image for whatever purpose they wish

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Did anyone use the Pedigree before Triple H?

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭duuuaaaane

Did anyone use the Pedigree before Triple H?

Andre the Giant: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PeHCSrtmU-0&app=desktop

Ron Bass (not underhooked): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JX9SNxAWbds&feature=youtu.be&t=1m50s

Triple H's version is most likely a variation of Harley Race's facebuster, which was the same as Ron Bass's version.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Cheers, hadn't seen those before!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,133 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

How is it decided who calls the spots? Like we always hear Cena calling spots/moves, whether with younger guys or guys like The Rock. Then we have Paige calling spots with the likes of the Bellas

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

CastorTroy wrote: »
    How is it decided who calls the spots? Like we always hear Cena calling spots/moves, whether with younger guys or guys like The Rock. Then we have Paige calling spots with the likes of the Bellas

Traditionally first criteria is the heel (as they set the table for the babyface comeback) and the second criteria is who is the most experienced.

I'd imagine though that experience for any real length of time rules out over a relative newcomer?

I'd imagine though that experience for any real length of time rules out over a relative newcomer?

Yep. But it normally works out better "flow wise" if the heel does it.

Yeah, for sure. Have there been any babyfaces that went against the grain throughout the years?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Yeah, for sure. Have there been any babyfaces that went against the grain throughout the years?

Hogan and Austin both preferred to call their matches. Seems to be the same with Cena. Undertaker too I think

• Advertisement

There's always exceptions though I guess. I'm pretty sure Bret Hart called WrestleMania XIII.

Austin would for practical reasons. He's very hard of hearing in one ear.

Actually yeah, I remember that being mentioned in his book I think. Was he always a bit deaf?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,133 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

But isn't Paige one of the newer divas, or do they just let her call the matches because she has a better handle on these things?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Actually yeah, I remember that being mentioned in his book I think. Was he always a bit deaf?

WHAT?

I believe so. At least from the time he was a teenager. One of the reasons why he is such a bad singer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

rovert wrote: »
    One of the reasons why he is such a bad singer.

Not sure why but that genuinely made me laugh out loud :)

CastorTroy wrote: »
    But isn't Paige one of the newer divas, or do they just let her call the matches because she has a better handle on these things?
    Because nearly everyone else is red raw useless except for her!

I meant to ask this ages ago, on the Wikipedia page for the WWE Title it says:
    A custom championship belt was designed and constructed for The Rock, which featured his trademark Brahma Bull logo in the center as an answer to Austin's Smoking Skull Belt, but due to creative reasons it never appeared on television.
    What were these creative reasons?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Advertisement