Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q&A thread - Your Questions Answered! **no chat**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Do you know why it wasn't used on TV? Also which do you prefer, that or the Smoking Skull belt?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

I don't know why a custom belt for Rock never appeared or what the time frame was ie. when the belt was designed. It's worth remembering that Austin's custom belt was only used for a short period - around July-Sept 1998 (Breakdown 1998 vs Kane&Taker) and April-May 1999 (Over theEdge vs taker).

Rock was a heel during his Nov 98 - March 99 run and traded wins with Mankind and it would have looked silly having Austin raise a belt with bulls on it at WrestleMania 15.

Rock's 2000 run didn't seem very well planned out: he had traded wins with HHH before finlly winning it for a lengthy run after a sh*tty 6man tag at KotR. Kurt Angle's win at a b show that year never really made much sense to me.

Best guess would be Vince wasn't a fan of a gimmick belt attached to one wrestler. That changed years later with John Cena obviously but those spinner belts hung around a good while.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭DarkyHughes

I have two questions. I was watching WM13 the other day & the NOD fought LOD & Amhed Johnson in a Chicago Street Fight.

Can anyone explain to me the difference between a Chicago Street Fight & a normal Street Fight or normal Hardcore match?

Next question. At Summerslam 1992 Savage & Warrior were in a match for the WWF tittle. The result was Warrior winning by count out. A week after Summerslam Savage drops the belt to Flair. Why didn't they just have Flair & Savage headline the tittle match at SS instead if Savage was just gong to drop it to him a few days later anyway?

I have two questions. I was watching WM13 the other day & the NOD fought LOD & Amhed Johnson in a Chicago Street Fight.

Can anyone explain to me the difference between a Chicago Street Fight & a normal Street Fight or normal Hardcore match?

Next question. At Summerslam 1992 Savage & Warrior were in a match for the WWF tittle. The result was Warrior winning by count out. A week after Summerslam Savage drops the belt to Flair. Why didn't they just have Flair & Savage headline the tittle match at SS instead if Savage was just gong to drop it to him a few days later anyway?
    As far as I can tell there's no difference, they just insert a City name to make it sound "cooler".

Apparently what was supposed to happen was the Ultimate Warrior was supposed to turn heel and side with Flair and Perfect at SummerSlam and win the title, he changed his mind about turning heel at the last minute which resulted in the count-out at SummerSlam. Followed by Flair winning the title from Randy Savage shortly after at a house show. I think Flair was left off the Summerslam card as punishment for him blading against Savage at Wrestlemania.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭JrdanB

I was watching extreme rules 2012, where brock Lesnar returned and fought John Cena.

Afterwards, Cena made that bizarre speech about possibly getting fired, but needing to take time off afterwards anyway. It was very retirement-esque and weird in hindsight because he never took any time off at all if I can remember. Pretty sure he even showed up on raw the next night!

Apparently Lesnar went nuts that night too because he was supposed to leave on a stretcher...

My question is what was that speech all about? Did it go anywhere? Why did he make it etc anyone have any more info about it?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

JrdanB wrote: »
    I was watching extreme rules 2012, where brock Lesnar returned and fought John Cena.

Afterwards, Cena made that bizarre speech about possibly getting fired, but needing to take time off afterwards anyway. It was very retirement-esque and weird on hindsight because he never took any time off at all ifi can remember. Pretty sure he even showed up on raw the next night

Apparently Lesnar went nuts too because he was supposed to leave on a stretcher

My question is what was that speech all about? Did it go anywhere? Why did he make it etc anyone have any more info about it?

I don't think Cena has ever said. And the Wrestling Newsletters never really revisited the topic. But a few months later it was revealed that Cena's wife filed for divorce around that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Why were the Ascension brought up if only to be buried from the off?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

rovert wrote: »
    I believe so. At least from the time he was a teenager. One of the reasons why he is such a bad singer.
    It's funny to think that he genuinely wanted to be a singer in a band as a teenager.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

Think that was just more of a case of something that is over huge with the Full Sail crowd just not translating well on a bigger platform. Like Adam Rose. They tried starting them off strong, then realised they come off as incredibly out of date in 2015 and forgotten about since.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I found them ridiculous from the get-go, especially when Konnor returned with Rick Viktor. But when they got rolling and had the long title reign, I found myself enjoying them a lot surprisingly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

They were booked strong enough in Elimination Chamber which surprised me, felt incongruous.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭ceegee

Has there been any news about what Daniel Bryans injury situation is?
    Thought I'd read that the current one was concussion related but looking at the backstage footage from Tough Enough amd the way he's favouring his arm was a bit worrying looking.

Other than Bret Hart, Hulk Hogan and Daniel Bryan, has anyone else ever appeared twice on a WrestleMania card?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭ceegee

Other than Bret Hart, Hulk Hogan and Daniel Bryan, has anyone else ever appeared twice on a WrestleMania card?

Savage, DiBiase and probably a couple others at IV.

Edit: Forgot about yoko at IX and X

Edit 2: checked there and Muraco, OMG and Valentine were the others from IV

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

Mankind wrestled big show and then refereed a portion of the main event at WrestleMania 15.

Triple H wrestled Sting this year and then did the bit with Ronda n Rock.

At WrestleMania 12 a pre-taped brawl between Roddy Piper and Goldust aired early in the show and then they had an in ring brawl later on the card.

There were also some pre-show battle royals leading to a match on the PPV.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Cheese Wagstaff

Seth Rollins.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Ageyev wrote: »
    Mankind wrestled big show and then refereed a portion of the main event at WrestleMania 15.

Triple H wrestled Sting this year and then did the bit with Ronda n Rock.

At WrestleMania 12 a pre-taped brawl between Roddy Piper and Goldust aired early in the show and then they had an in ring brawl later on the card.

There were also some pre-show battle royals leading to a match on the PPV.

D'Lo Brown and Test won a battle royal on Sunday Night Heat for a shot at Jeff Jarrett and Owen Hart's Tag Team Titles.

Kane won a battle royal at WM26 to face Chavo for the ECW Title. Went on to beat him in 8 seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,004 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I think macho man has the record for most matches at a mania at four. Watching WMIV it for the first time in ages despite knowing the main event result and Jesus there are so stiff chops in the steamboat Valentine match. Just starting the butch reed vs macho man match. This was a two tape vhs box in the old days and now I remember why.

What's the story with the hook/anchor thing hanging off Kalisto's mask?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Was there any explanation given as to why Sasha didn't have the belt (dammit Vince I'll call it what I want) with her on RAW?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Was there any explanation given as to why Sasha didn't have the belt (dammit Vince I'll call it what I want) with her on RAW?

did Paige have it when she debuted last year ?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,004 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

did Paige have it when she debuted last year ?

I don't think she did.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Don't think Paige had it, but was she actually announced as champ like Sasha was?

Owens sure paraded around with the title on RAW so I don't see why she wouldn't have it unless it had got stuck in an airport baggage reclaim or something.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Yeah, Paige was definitely announced as the NXT Women's champion when she debuted.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

What's the story with the hook/anchor thing hanging off Kalisto's mask?

I always assumed that was like a Dragon's tail kinda gimmick

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Whatever happened monty brown. I kind of remembered some personal problems forced him to leave wwe but don't recall hearing from him again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

Why does Jim Cornette always hold a tennis racket?

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭Alexis Sanchez

mxph3 wrote: »
    Why does Jim Cornette always hold a tennis racket?

http://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/20mxqs/i_am_jim_cornette_ama/cg4tkln
    To answer this from several sources, I both needed a gimmick and protection from fans--managers had done canes, umbrellas, books, briefcases, etc but never a tennis racket, which fit my "rich kid" persona--

Darren Drozdov is still on the payroll isn't he?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/622526804100825088

:)
    Darren Drozdov is still on the payroll isn't he?

Not sure. WWE and him would go through bouts of employment. When they would release him he would threaten to sue and they would bring him back.

Advertisement