Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q&A thread - Your Questions Answered! **no chat**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

They should keep Bully strong and give him a run at least upper mid card. He's probably the best promo in wrestling in the last few years.

Seems they both got pretty fat though or is it the outfit?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

They should keep Bully strong and give him a run at least upper mid card. He's probably the best promo in wrestling in the last few years.

Seems they both got pretty fat though or is it the outfit?

He had gotten in serious shape, and it was thought that, when he returned at the Rumble, that his outfit had additional padding

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

When did the Kama Mustafa become the pimp-styled Godfather they we all knew and loved? Was it when the Rock took over the Nation?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

It was a gradual thing through '98 they started referring to him as The Godfather of the Nation but still billed as Kama Mustafa until after the Nation split between SummerSlam and Survivor Series when Rocky got over as a face, Kama was no more and he was just The Godfather with his hos

• Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Did Lesnar blade himself againist Undertaker at Hell in A Cell near the start of the match?

The blood just seemed to have appeared on his head after a the camera was stuck up close to the pair.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Did Lesnar blade himself againist Undertaker at Hell in A Cell near the start of the match?

The blood just seemed to have appeared on his head after a the camera was stuck up close to the pair.

I thought the cut on the top of his head looked too wide to have been done with a razor blade. It looked like he deliberately hit his head off a pointed part of the ring-post when 'Taker Irish whipped him on the outside.

I think others have suggested he had something sharp hidden in the knuckles of his glove though, which might explain why he removed one glove, but there's also an idea that he took that glove off to make it easier to cut the Undertaker.

I'll have to watch it back again!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

I'm not sure what way he done it, but the same thing was done against Reigns at Mania with him bleeding after so he knew what he was it whichever way it was done

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 159 ✭✭Andrew Laeddis

If Micheals doesn't get injured at RR 98 does he still take a sabbatical after WM14 to heal up and sort his addictions out or does he carry on with new DX, burn out and probably OD?

Think he and The Rock could have worked a good programme in 98

• Registered Users Posts: 40,004 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

If Micheals doesn't get injured at RR 98 does he still take a sabbatical after WM14 to heal up and sort his addictions out or does he carry on with new DX, burn out and probably OD?

I think he would have as he was a bit of a mess around then. He was on the Armageddon 99 ppv and he looked in bits.

Could be a great Around The Horn Question next year...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

What does the phrase "Calla Brú" mean/signify, exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Delta Echo Charlie

An File wrote: »
    What does the phrase "Calla Brú" mean/signify, exactly?

They're from an estate in an area of Waterford called Cathal Brugha but when they speak pikey it comes out as Calla Bru

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Who are they? I would imagine you mean The Wards, but they aren't from Waterford though.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Delta Echo Charlie

Who are they? I would imagine you mean The Wards, but they aren't from Waterford though.

Rocky Mac is.

I never knew that. Cool! I'm from Waterford myself. Some of the sites here are very foreboding.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Why did the King never admit that Brian Christopher was his kid. They made so many jokes about it and jr admitted it. Always found it weird. Did they say it in Memphis as well?

Always got the feeling the King was disappointed in him or something

sky88 wrote: »
    Why did the King never admit that Brian Christopher was his kid. They made so many jokes about it and jr admitted it. Always found it weird. Did they say it in Memphis as well?

Any excuse to post this. It may be my favourite video of all time, not just wrestling video, but video period.

Things are fine between Jerry and Brian Lawler to the best of my knowledge, the last few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Can someone explain the Mex-America angle that Del Rio/Zeb had? Were they supposed to be face/heel? I don't get it. I assume that's kinda quietly abandoned now he's in the Leaggie-Weegies.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Can someone explain the Mex-America angle that Del Rio/Zeb had? Were they supposed to be face/heel? I don't get it. I assume that's kinda quietly abandoned now he's in the Leaggie-Weegies.

I think it's still going as part of his non league us title business (with swagger for example) although there wasn't much explanation apart from Zeb suddenly doing a u turn and being pro Del Rio and Mexico and America becoming 1 country, the great Mex-America. However as heels not everybody was deemed worthy of joining the great nation of mex america and very quickly they stated the borders of mex america were closed.

It was a nonsensical reasoning for Zeb to be Del Rios mouthpiece and nothing more IMO, they will still waffle on about Mex America I'm sure but but it's essentially just the name of their heel group of two as far as I can tell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Cheers. Are they supposed to be heels or faces? Promoting cultural relations is face but closing borders is heel. Or does WWE creative know?

Who knows tbh Vince and Donald "build a wall to keep Mexicans out" Trump are friends so maybe he thinks all their actions are heelish. Obviously by being in the league Del Rio is heel but the whole him & Zeb stuff is a mess IMO although I do generally like more screen time for Zeb.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Zeb is an old timer who once was full of hate and now has come to find some tolerance and his friend Swagger cant accept that.

Its a fine logical storyline until you realise Swagger is not a heel in the above story. Mind boggling

• Registered Users Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Have been following very casually at the minute. Can someone explain Sheamus' new tshirt?

Sheamo 5:15?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

ShagNastii wrote: »
    Have been following very casually at the minute. Can someone explain Sheamus' new tshirt?

Sheamo 5:15?

Its the amount of time Roman held the title before Sheamus ended his reign.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

sky88 wrote: »

It was like a running joke where Lawler would defend Christopher and JR would say that Lawler only likes him because he's his son, so he was biased; so Lawler would deny it to pretend not to be biased.

It was funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

is Extreme Rules definitely happening?
    all I can find so far is a provisional date of May 1st, but no mention of any venue.

Anyone have any idea why Ken Shamrock has never appeared in the WWE since he left. Was there heat for some reason?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Anyone have any idea why Ken Shamrock has never appeared in the WWE since he left. Was there heat for some reason?

I'd love to know too. Ken feels he has been blackballed by WWE, as he spoke about on Austin's podcast, but I've never heard a reason as to why. He feels he should be in the Hall of Fame

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Probably common knowledge at this point, but what was true story behind Hogan's shiner at WM9?

Advertisement