Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q&A thread - Your Questions Answered! **no chat**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

McLoughlin wrote: »
    Summerslam 1992 flopped in the USA and thats the important part the USA market is what matters to Vince.

Nope, Buys-wise it was in line with the rest - check out the # of buys from 1992
    Rumble = 260k
    Mania 8 = 300k
    SSlam = 270k
    Series = 280k

Maybe domestically it went down but Internationally it more than compensated? I guess it's less feasible these days as the S'Slam PPV actually took place on the Saturday night, and was aired not-live on the Sunday in the states.....with spoilers etc WWE probably aren't willing to take the chance...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

With the time difference, it's pretty unlikely

I don't see any problem with having it at 9pm UK time, which would be 4pm Eastern USA time.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Charisteas wrote: »
    I don't see any problem with having it at 9pm UK time, which would be 4pm Eastern USA time.

Which is the problem; the worry is people wouldn't tune in in America at an earlier time and are more likely to settle in for the night to watch a show.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Spazdarn

Why is the Miz a champion... distinctly average wrestler in almost every way

Which is the problem; the worry is people wouldn't tune in in America at an earlier time and are more likely to settle in for the night to watch a show.

Would there not be an issue with the violence factor at that time of day?

• Advertisement

2010 was seen as a re-building year in the WWE, trying to create and push new talent. Miz, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus, Wade Barrett were all booked to be seen as the stars of the future.

Would there not be an issue with the violence factor at that time of day?

WWE is PG now, they won't even allow blood to be broadcast anymore. There is probably more violence in American Football or Ice Hockey these days.

Charisteas wrote: »
    2010 was seen as a re-building year in the WWE, trying to create and push new talent. Miz, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus, Wade Barrett were all booked to be seen as the stars of the future.

Wade Barrett and Del Rio have the charisma, build and wrestling ability to be champions, I can't say the other two tick the same boxes, especially Miz who is pretty terrible.

Wade Barrett and Del Rio have the charisma, build and wrestling ability to be champions, I can't say the other two tick the same boxes, especially Miz who is pretty terrible.

That's a matter of opinion though. As someone who thinks Miz is one of the best younger guys on the mic today, I am delighted to see him get a top level run like this. It should be pointed out that in WWE, it's nearly always about being a good talker and not a good "wrestler", so while Morrison may be a better inring guy, he simply can't carry a promo like Miz which is why one is the champ and one isn't...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭drayme

Miz can get WWE a lot of media attention more so than Cena, Orton etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Because he gets a ton of media, he knows how to draw attention to myself and I personally find him one of the most entertaining people of the last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

They made a big deal about the Hart Dynasty being the future of the family, why didn't it work and what are those guys doing now?

They made a big deal about the Hart Dynasty being the future of the family, why didn't it work and what are those guys doing now?

Afaik, They made a big deal about the HDs because they were wooing Bret back and wanted to keep him happy during his stay. Once he disappeared again, there was no real reason to push them any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,040 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

As for what they are doing now, I can see both the guys being future endeavored...

Tyson Kidd had a push which lasted about a week and a half before they buried him again.

And DH Smith really does nothing of any interest either.

So as teamshadowclan said, once they appeased Bret, there's no longer any real impetus for them to be pushed.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,027 ✭✭✭✭cena

Who well have back stage power when taker and triple h stop wrestling

cena wrote: »

I can't imagine both Triple H and Undertaker retiring completely from wrestling (barring a career ending injury) within the next 8 to 10 years - even after that it's likely Triple H will have some type of Commissioner type role and that Undertaker will take on a kind of TNA Ric Flair role being head of a stable/manager but rarely "wrestling"

By that time I'd imagine someone else will have asserted themselves as a clear backstage presence, maybe not even someone who currently wrestles in the company

Triple H still I would imagine as he's moving into a backstage role himself.

I'd imagine he'd still hang around in the locker room and have the pull, influence and run of the lockerroom.

I have another one - given his subsequent return to the ring and winning of the TNA Heavyweight Title, will Sting ever actually wrestle in WWE before he a) dies or b) retires - and even if he does retire from wrestling, will he ever turn up in WWE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

what's the situation with Ring of Honour? is it finnished?

what's the situation with Ring of Honour? is it finnished?

No its still going, its just not on TV. I think their contract with HDnet expired in January and wasn't renewed. They're still going, just not on the tellybox :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

I can't imagine both Triple H and Undertaker retiring completely from wrestling (barring a career ending injury) within the next 8 to 10 years - even after that it's likely Triple H will have some type of Commissioner type role and that Undertaker will take on a kind of TNA Ric Flair role being head of a stable/manager but rarely "wrestling"

By that time I'd imagine someone else will have asserted themselves as a clear backstage presence, maybe not even someone who currently wrestles in the company
    I think that when Taker retires.... he will retire fully.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Whats the best way to go about watching Ring of Honor? - bar of course the more illegal options.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

mayordenis wrote: »
    Whats the best way to go about watching Ring of Honor? - bar of course the more illegal options.

youtube rohbrazil; it's their official youtube page that allows them to add episodes a few days after they'd air

mayordenis wrote: »

Their next big shows are on April 1st and 2nd and are being offered on GoFightLive for $19.99 for both or $14.99 for one.

Here's a link for the "two show" package.

http://www.gfl.tv/Events/Fight/Wrestling/Honor_Takes_Center_Stage_Both_Shows/968

• Registered Users Posts: 10,027 ✭✭✭✭cena

Where well wrestle mania 30 be held. Any chance msg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

jaykhunter wrote: »
    I think it's an appropriate time to point out the WWF's SummerSlam 1992 at Wembley Stadium was legitimately WWE's biggest crowd ever. Having about 82,000; it smokes WrestleMania III's 78,000.

WWE have been working that number for over 20 years, saying it's 93,000. Although the maximum capacity for basketball is 78,000...even moving seats around, there's a fire code to adhere to. They'd unlikely even get 80,000

seating capacity of the venue in 1987 was actually 82,500 not 78,000, a crowd 81,270 attended superbowl 16 there in 1982, there was no titantron to block seats either, for there to be only 78,000 you would need 4,000 empty seats and nobody on the field and i don't see that in the shots

a0uvwy.jpg

wm3_711.JPG

i have talked to meltzer about this and he wasn't able to explain there doesn't look to be less people at mania3 than at the popes visit 6 months later in the same venue which is supposed to have 93,000+, the only thing i can think of is that the popes number was bs too, as was the official capacity of the venue, don't worry i know the whole story

pope visit, an extra 15,000???

page14_1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Taker has 2-3 yers left max. He's a complete crock, there was huge speculation he wouldn't be able for this year's Mania at all.

I have another one - given his subsequent return to the ring and winning of the TNA Heavyweight Title, will Sting ever actually wrestle in WWE before he a) dies or b) retires - and even if he does retire from wrestling, will he ever turn up in WWE

My guess is only Sting can answer that one himself. All fans can do are speculate and hope but only the man can make the ultimate decision of what to do next.

I believe even when he stops wrestling, HHH will still have backstage powers. All signs point to him taking over Vince's position whenever the elder McMahon retires. HHH has already been training at the gorilla position (He did Vince's job the last time Raw was in England iirc) and is seen as heir to the WWE throne.
    Where well wrestle mania be held. Any chance msg

This year's Mania is in Atlanta, in the Georgia Dome. Next years is in Miami, so it won't be held in MSG either then. It strikes me MSG would be too small for modern WMs since they like to hold them in massive stadiums nowadays...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

My moneys on Wm XXX being in Madison sq. Garden.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

CMpunked wrote: »
    My moneys on Wm XXX being in Madison sq. Garden.

yep i was under the impression and the WM DVD doc helped further this, that ever 10th anniversary will be held in the Garden. I believe it was already announce that WM 30 would be there too but i may be wrong on that one.

Advertisement