Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q&A thread - Your Questions Answered! **no chat**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,443 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

yep i was under the impression and the WM DVD doc helped further this, that ever 10th anniversary will be held in the Garden. I believe it was already announce that WM 30 would be there too but i may be wrong on that one.

I think you're right on that one. If I remember correctly, John Cena announced it in MSG after the cameras stopped rolling or at a house show. Something along the lines of "I can't wait for Mania 30 back here at MSG".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

CMpunked wrote: »
    My moneys on Wm XXX being in Madison sq. Garden.

An extremely safe bet. WM 1, 10, 20; 30 will definitely be there. I can't see it not being there!

I know after this mania Taker's 19-0 and it seems perfect to end on 20-0; but is there anything wrong with Taker just doing 1-2 matches a year and staying around until Mania XXX?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Has anyone heard any reasons why DiBiase is being utterly buried week in, week out? Usually I pick up on rumours as to such situations but I've heard nothing with regards him....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭Degag

I think that it will probably be at MSG... as far as i know, gate receipts aren't that important when it comes to Mania - far more important are ppv buys.

Has anyone heard any reasons why DiBiase is being utterly buried week in, week out? Usually I pick up on rumours as to such situations but I've heard nothing with regards him....

I think WWE are less than pleased with his gimmick, mic and in-ring work. I imagine since he got the foot in the door far too early (nepotism) he's paying his dues now, to see how he does under pressure. WWE always break people down. Dude needs to just ride it out and it'll swing back in his favour. That said he's not doing anything to warrant a push. Look at Zack Ryder and how badly he's trying to get himself over and get on TV. ATM DiBiase doesn't even deserve the slot he's got. Lazy!
    Degag wrote: »
    I think that it will probably be at MSG... as far as i know, gate receipts aren't that important when it comes to Mania - far more important are ppv buys.

That and they'll just double the ticket prices!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

If Summerslan in Wembley was their biggest attendance, why no more PPV's in Europe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭drayme

They gave him a main event level diva manager to try and get over but he had ZERO sexual or otherwise chemistry on screen so he lost man points with Vince.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

drayme wrote: »
    They gave him a main event level diva manager to try and get over but he had ZERO sexual or otherwise chemistry on screen so he lost man points with Vince.
    He lost 'man points' with Vince because no one believe he was actually ridin' Maryse. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭drayme

He lost 'man points' with Vince because no one believe he was actually ridin' Maryse. :confused:

Because?

Bodhisopha wrote: »
    If Summerslan in Wembley was their biggest attendance, why no more PPV's in Europe?

I assume, and this is just an assumption, that the costs of transporting all the PPV equipment would just cost too much.

House shows still sell out in Europe and they get a huge cut from that because there are little overheads apart from the basics whereas a PPV would require bringing the stage, the trons, the desks, the equipment, the entire roster, plus the huge rent of renting Wembley and the potential loss of live PPV views due to the time difference.

They have the occasional Raw in the UK though which I guess is their way of PPVing here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭chordtype

Bodhisopha wrote: »

One reason could be that Summerslam 92 was shown on 2 day tape delay. In 1992 that might not have mattered so much but today that's a big problem. Ideally they would like to keep PPV's in their regular Sunday night slot. If they are gonna do a PPV in Europe then that's not possible because of the time difference. The results of the show are gonna get out. If they tape it then you would assume that they'd aim to show it live in Europe but then obviously that means it'll be online for anybody to download before it airs in America.

Also you have to ask if WWE is popular enough to fill a large stadium at present. There can't be much profit margin running a PPV in an arena when you take into account the production costs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

I got into TNA again recently after a long absence, might seem like the most stupid question ever, but why is there no more 6 sided ring any longer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭Rawm2008

When Hogan was brought in he did a big promo to the crowd that they were going back to basics and that a 6 sided ring was a gimmick they just didnt need to succeed or something along those lines.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Rawm2008 wrote: »
    When Hogan was brought in he did a big promo to the crowd that they were going back to basics and that a 6 sided ring was a gimmick they just didnt need to succeed or something along those lines.

Thank you for clearing that up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭Degag

Real Reason: He found it difficult enough to wrestle in a four sided ring, but a 6 sided ring would just make shít of it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

To be fair though he has only wrestled in one match in his 15 months with TNA, and that was a tag-match where he was barely involved. I prefer the 4-sided ring myself, did you prefer the 6 sides Motley Crue?

Yeah I believe the words he used were that the 6 sided ring looked "amateurish" and "childish"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Why did TNA move from Nashville to Orlando?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Yeah I believe the words he used were that the 6 sided ring looked "amateurish" and "childish"

Amateurish & Childish hmmm must be confusing a 6 sided ring with Himself.I read on Power Slam magazines twitter there is a guy selling a 6 sided ring.

Charisteas wrote: »
    Why did TNA move from Nashville to Orlando?

DisneyWorld Studios! They could set-up shop in a regular area and have a constant stream of people coming in and out, more like an exhibition/"ooh look, a TV show is being taped" casual fan attraction.

It has it's pros and cons ($0 at the gate; the same fans there, becoming jaded but it's a regular haunt that does get filled every week) .....so instead of touring america to gain new fans, this way the fans come to TNA.

That said if they didn't suck so very, very hard, they could get 1,000+ new fans for TV tapings touring. I imagine it's more cost efficient this way.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

I always wonder when you see celebrities at Boxing fights if there is any Celebrities that are actual wrestling fans.I'm not counting the celebrities wwe pays to turn up like Kim Kardashian or Snooki.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,045 ✭✭✭✭cena

jaykhunter wrote: »
    DisneyWorld Studios! They could set-up shop in a regular area and have a constant stream of people coming in and out, more like an exhibition/"ooh look, a TV show is being taped" casual fan attraction.

It has it's pros and cons ($0 at the gate; the same fans there, becoming jaded but it's a regular haunt that does get filled every week) .....so instead of touring america to gain new fans, this way the fans come to TNA.

That said if they didn't suck so very, very hard, they could get 1,000+ new fans for TV tapings touring. I imagine it's more cost efficient this way.

Is tna not in the the same place as once The channel Nickelodeon was till till they closed up and the blue men group brought part of there building. Its big enough for them too hold the thing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

cena wrote: »
    Is tna not in the the same place as once The channel Nickelodeon was till till they closed up and the blue men group brought part of there building. Its big enough for them too hold the thing

This place?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nickelodeon_Studios

Nope:
    The queue for Nickelodeon Studios is now used by Total Nonstop Action Wrestling for queueing up audiences for its production of TNA Impact! in Stage 21 prior to the opening of the Sharp Aquos Theatre.

CMpunked wrote: »

I thought it was that place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

GTR63 wrote: »
    I always wonder when you see celebrities at Boxing fights if there is any Celebrities that are actual wrestling fans.I'm not counting the celebrities wwe pays to turn up like Kim Kardashian or Snooki.
    They can usually be spotted at certain Raw shows in New York or California. If they're spotted they get shown on camera. Outside of that, Wrestlemania, Summerslam and Royal Rumble always have a good turn out for celebs in the audience if they live in the area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

who has the 2nd best wrestlemania record ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

ricero wrote: »
    who has the 2nd best wrestlemania record ?

Heres a collection of the best (bar undertakers) records at WM:
    Bret Hart 8-6
    John Cena 6-1
    Hogan 8-3-1
    Randy Savage 7-4
    RVD 4-0
    Stone Cold 5-2
    Win-Loss-Draw
    GTR63 wrote: »

Snoop at WM27
    20110328_wm27_snoopdogg.jpgMultiplatinum recording artist Snoop Dogg to attend WrestleMania XXVII
    March 29, 2011
    ATLANTA – WWE's longtime friend and past Monday Night Raw guest star, Snoop Dogg, will be in the ATL to attend WrestleMania XXVII!

The last time Snoop attended WrestleMania was in 2008, when he was Master of Ceremonies for the BunnyMania Lumberjack Match at WrestleMania XXIV.

Snoop has just released his 11th studio album, Doggumentary, available now. For more information, visit snoopdogg.com. (Get Doggumentary on iTunes.)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Just a quick note....TNA tape in Universal Studios (which is indeed right beside the old Nick studios that CMPunked linked to, now known as the Blue Man Group studio), not Disneyland. IIRC, WCW did record some shows in DL, but TNA are Universal. And can I tell you it is ZERO fun actually queueing up for one of their shows :S

Off the top of my head, Micheal Clark Duncan seems to pop up in the crowds far too often to not be a fan (I think I've even seen him a few times that they didn't even achknowledge during the show). Rob Schnider seems to go to shows alot as well....

Just a quick note....TNA tape in Universal Studios (which is indeed right beside the old Nick studios that CMPunked linked to, now known as the Blue Man Group studio), not Disneyland. IIRC, WCW did record some shows in DL, but TNA are Universal. And can I tell you it is ZERO fun actually queueing up for one of their shows :S

Off the top of my head, Micheal Clark Duncan seems to pop up in the crowds far too often to not be a fan (I think I've even seen him a few times that they didn't even achknowledge during the show). Rob Schnider seems to go to shows alot as well....

Was I right as well. Was thinking Disney wouldn't have any thing too do with wreatling

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Who is the guy who you always see in the crowd in the first few rows at raw/smackdown every few weeks wearing a red baseball cap, white vest and blue shirt? Is he a former wrestler or something?

Advertisement