Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q&A thread - Your Questions Answered! **no chat**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Charisteas wrote: »
    Why did WWE change Kofi Kingston's residence from Jamaica to Ghana? Trying to appeal to an African audience perhaps, or was there a specific reason why?
    Changed just over a year ago when he had that quick feud with Randy Orton. He couldn't keep it up and make it convincing so they dropped the accent. HHH joked about it in a promo at one point, but that was it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭drayme

On the subject of Kofi, the Creative Recall blog had the following included this week...

So it would appear as if it was Kofi who felt he couldn't keep it up, not WWE...

A BBC reporter (a non fan) covered the Wrestlemania just before or just after. Whoever the reporter was had a background in cricket. So he began asking Kofi questions and Kofi knew f all about Jamacia not even what its capital is. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

GTR63 wrote: »
    A few questions.
    What was WcW & ECW highest ever ppv buyrate.
    What were the average tv ratings for WcW towards the end & how bad were the ppv buys towards the end.

Every Nitro rating is listed in this Monday Night Wars chart -

Monday_Night_Wars_Ratings.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

GTR63 wrote: »
    A few questions.
    What was WcW & ECW highest ever ppv buyrate.
    What were the average tv ratings for WcW towards the end & how bad were the ppv buys towards the end.

starrcade 97 is far and away the biggest wcw buyrate, it did about 760k buys

the last wcw ppv did 40k buys, the one previous to that did 60k, starrcade 2000 did 44k buys

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

Charisteas wrote: »
    Why did WWE change Kofi Kingston's residence from Jamaica to Ghana? Trying to appeal to an African audience perhaps, or was there a specific reason why?

And he was originally born in Ghana IRL, just to clear that small detail up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,027 ✭✭✭✭cena

Whats the most common injury too a wrestler?
    Would it be back injury.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

cena wrote: »
    Whats the most common injury too a wrestler? Would it be back injury.

Neck injury cumulated over time requiring surgery (Austin, Benoit, Edge, Angle etc)
    Collarbone is common (Orton, Shelly)

Steroids (i.e. from having too much muscle mass on your bones over a sustained period of time) :

Quad tear (Triple H, Vince)
    Bicep/Tricep (Batista, Cena)
    Pec tear (Cena, D'lo)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

cena wrote: »
    Whats the most common injury too a wrestler?
    Would it be back injury.

Can't think of one which seems more common than others. Torn pectorial muscles seem to be quite common though (off the top of my head, it's affected Cena, Christian, Taker and Rey). Weirdly, you don't seem to hear of many pack injuries for some reason...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,027 ✭✭✭✭cena

Can't think of one which seems more common than others. Torn pectorial muscles seem to be quite common though (off the top of my head, it's affected Cena, Christian, Taker and Rey). Weirdly, you don't seem to hear of many pack injuries for some reason...

I only ask cause trish siad she had a bad back from wrestling on tough enough this week and we know Austin and Edge do too.

People are way off. You guys are just mentioning modern era injuries.

Historically wrestlers have hip and knee problems often they need replacements when they retire.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

The muscular tears and injuries are much more common nowadays because of the physical conditioning of the wrestlers, possibly because of juicing, but anyone that pumped up is gonna find it easy with exertion to tear a muscle.

Traditionally yes you're probably right, but this is more due to the fact that.. well, they were old. Johnny Giles can hardly walk, most ageing athletes have knee and hip problems in their later years.

Dusty Rhodes would have had a job tearing his pecs for example, he would have had to find them first!!

Those Raw ratings above are amazing... look at early May 99, just around the time I got back into it. 8.1!! Stone Cold n Vince fairly pulled them in!!

2ndcoming wrote: »
    Those Raw ratings above are amazing... look at early May 99, just around the time I got back into it. 8.1!! Stone Cold n Vince fairly pulled them in!!

Raw and Nitro werent head to head that week I *think*

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Here's a fans report of that May 10th 1999 show. http://www.ddtdigest.com/updates/1999052r.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭Smoshi

Do wwe prevent ther wrestlers from using facebook & other networking sites? (besides twitter)

Smoshi wrote: »
    Do wwe prevent ther wrestlers from using facebook & other networking sites? (besides twitter)
    Nah they actively encourage Facebook as far as I know. Most of em have a personal one, and one for their character.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Nah they actively encourage Facebook as far as I know. Most of em have a personal one, and one for their character.

the personal ones are obviously very private and have a fake name.
    I remember i was following Anderson on twitter and he put up a tweet from foresquare (like facebook check ins), saying he was at some airport.
    I went to his profile and he had like 40 a friends, a lot of them wrestlers.
    Like matt hardy, Foley, Kurt Angle etc. Pretty much all of them had their checkins as private.
    I tried adding him but obviously he didnt accept :o Few hours later the tweet was conveniently deleted.

So social networking wise, i think they are pretty free.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

If you search their real names you can find them sometimes... Found Macho man and Stone Cold just there :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭tdv123

Just wondering if anybody can remember what old WWF shows used to be shown over here during the late 80's early 90's.

I remember Superstars used to be shown on Sky from around 90,91 & think they showed most of the PPV's from around that time as well.

But where the likes of Prime Time, All American Wrestling, Wrestling Challenge & SNME broadcast over here?

And did Sky start showing Raw when it first premiered or did it take them a few years for them to get the rights to show it?

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Endaaaagh

How come we don't see as many photographers around ringside anymore? I remember back when I first started watching there used to be gangs of them out there (lot of asian looking guys if I remember correctly)

Endaaaagh wrote: »
    How come we don't see as many photographers around ringside anymore? I remember back when I first started watching there used to be gangs of them out there (lot of asian looking guys if I remember correctly)

Vince McMahon/Kevin Dun doesnt like them presentation wise - distracting and they get in the way.

Also WWE prefers to keep coverage of their product as much as possible.

• Advertisement

They are, good camerawork means you don't see them. Majority hang around at ringside seats or the announcers desk these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

What does the PS in Michael PS Heyes stand for?

According to wiki, "Purely Sexy"...

From Superstars this week,

Is Nunzio refereeing the match!?

From Superstars this week,

Is Nunzio refereeing the match!?

Ha, yeah. Spotted him on Raw as well this week. Forget what segment but I think he was one of the people holding someone back from a brawl or something...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Good simple but effective promo by Hayes,really weird seeing Little Guido ref a match!

http://www.wwe.com/shows/raw/2011-05-09/cole-retirement

Picture 16 of 16 shows Nunzio, tending to Lawler during the angle with Swagger on Raw. Knew I had spotted him on Raw...

Nunzio has been reffing for awhile ever since that house show in New York during a major storm and they needed him to fill in.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,510 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Is triple h coming back to raw anytime soon?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Is triple h coming back to raw anytime soon?

He was promoted last year to a high position backstage so he's working backstage as he's being prepped to take over from Vince. The general thought is that he'll do a few more big matches and retire. I assume he'll come back for SummerSlam or series, or at the very latest, WrestleMania.

Advertisement