Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q&A thread - Your Questions Answered! **no chat**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Actually i'm not expecting a lot of cuts this year. One or two certainly, and a few will be let go from FCW, but nothing extreme. Raw and Smackdown have between 25-30 men and less than 10 women each, so the rosters aren't overly stacked.

Heck, even Chavo Guerrero had a PPV match last week for the first time since Extreme Rules, June 2009! (Possibly stand to be corrected on that though)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

can someone give me an answer as to where little jimmy came from?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

CMpunked wrote: »
    can someone give me an answer as to where little jimmy came from?
    Clever way of saying "John Doe" or "Mr Smith", except this is the version for kids. Little Timmy would have worked too maybe.

Clever way of saying "John Doe" or "Mr Smith", except this is the version for kids. Little Timmy would have worked too maybe.

That makes sense.
    So when did he start saying it? This week was the first raw I've watched live and can't remember him saying it as a face.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

That makes sense.
    So when did he start saying it? This week was the first raw I've watched live and can't remember him saying it as a face.

Afiak, when he turned heel in England back in April is when he first started mentioning Little Jimmy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭Smoshi

why do wwe insist on having the brand extension when they still have guys appearin on both shows all the time??

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Smoshi wrote: »
    why do wwe insist on having the brand extension when they still have guys appearin on both shows all the time??

Money.

Two brands means two sets of house shows running at the same time meaning twice the attendance and twice the live exposure. One brand would half the money they make from live shows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭Smoshi

Will wwe induct macho man into the hof now that hes passed away? will vince out the past behind him?

is edge likely to ever wrestle 1 more match? a few yrs down the line?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

Smoshi wrote: »
    Will wwe induct macho man into the hof now that hes passed away? will vince out the past behind him?
    Considering that he got an on screen mention last week, i'd imagine it's pretty likely. Double Standards though - as he was constantly overlooked before he died.
    is edge likely to ever wrestle 1 more match? a few yrs down the line?
    Going be previous "retirements" it's relitively likely - no one knows but himself though i'd guess.

For those with or previous had subscriptions to FSM....do they send you notice that your subscription is ended? Cause I've not got the latest issue yet and I saw it in the shop nearly two weeks ago :confused: I know I've had issues with delays before but I'm worried my subscription is ended and they've not bothered to even see if I want to renew (which I don't, granted. Whole thing has been a nightmare).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭jmolloy

For those with or previous had subscriptions to FSM....do they send you notice that your subscription is ended? Cause I've not got the latest issue yet and I saw it in the shop nearly two weeks ago :confused: I know I've had issues with delays before but I'm worried my subscription is ended and they've not bothered to even see if I want to renew (which I don't, granted. Whole thing has been a nightmare).

they don't it just sort of lapses, i never renewed mine delivery to ireland seems to be a nightmare for them, i ended up with 3 copies of 1 issue and had to buy an issue in the shop as i didn't even get one one month, much easier to just grab it in the shops

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Hygro

why does the biggest babyface in wrestling always have the worst finishing move?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

Hygro wrote: »
    why does the biggest babyface in wrestling always have the worst finishing move?
    The stone cold stunner was a very good finisher, probably the most iconic finisher in history!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Has WWE done anything with Mason Ryan since he looked impressive against Kane a little while ago?

Not really, him & Punk had a tag match against Kane & Show and since that, he's been backup to Punk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Has WWE done anything with Mason Ryan since he looked impressive against Kane a little while ago?

Same with Brodus Clay who has dissapeared he got bust open yeah but has he been seen the last 5/6 weeks,not as if he's much competition for tv time on smackdown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭ciff

couuple of questions:

Will the undertaker and triple h ever wrestle again?
    What has happened to the big shows and kanes characters? They are so lame now.
    Why is there no tag team division?

ciff wrote: »
    couuple of questions:

Yes. The reason why their not on tv is because their on their own special schedules. HHH is working behind the scenes now and Taker's pretty banged up. They'll normally return at around SummerSlam/Road to Mania

Both have been victims to so many face/heel turns over the years that it's practically diluted their characters impact.

Vince doesn't like tag wrestling and believes it doesn't draw in money

Holy crap, I completely forgot about Big Brodus Clay! I guess he's been punished for botching his on spot where he bled like a mofo!

1. Taker? Yes. He's on his annual vacation at the moment. There's three PPVs he could wrestle at - SummerSlam, Survivor Series or WrestleMania. My gut says he'll have a short run returning at SummerSlam and losing/getting blown up etc @ Survivor Series and returning in time to redo mania.

Worst case scenario is that he just holds off completely until February to set up Mania.

HHH? Yes; and he'll likely face Taker again. Either at one of the big shows (SummerSlam, Survivor Series or Mania). It really depends how bad they need both guys back.

2. Lazy writing. Creative see them as over enough but not important enough to put any thought into their characters. They're basically just themselves now. It's bloody shocking! The problem with Show is that he's asked to fill many different roles; comedy and serious, singles and tag, and switches very often that his character is a bit of a mess. Kane, who knows. It's heartbreaking to see; considering how he was in 97-98 and again in '03.

3. Because Vince has no stock in the tag division. He'd much rather just push singles stars. He doesn't even see that tag teams can be used to help a wrestler grow as a performer without being exposed as crap; and as a vehicle as a breakout singles star. (See Shawn Michaels).

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Dr.Evil

Interesting note on Brodus Clay, he's off the road because he's been cast in a new WWE Film.
    http://www.wrestleview.com/viewnews.php?id=1307630466

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Speaking of Movies Sky is showing "Legendary" on its premier channel this week,who would want to watch it i'd love to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,027 ✭✭✭✭cena

GTR63 wrote: »
    Speaking of Movies Sky is showing "Legendary" on its premier channel this week,who would want to watch it i'd love to know.

I watched it today. Thought it was good but was glad I didn't but it on dvd. Danny glover really had a small part thought he would of had a bigger role

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

Regarding Taker, there are alot of rumours saying he's as good as retired.

Degag wrote: »

He's been as good as retired for years now. Doesn't mean he can't still pop up for his bi-yearly appearances :P

Degag wrote: »

That's McMange. She's as good as retired; she's a homemaker now. Smartest person in the business...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Has a heel ever won the Royal Rumble? Im trying to think of one but I cant anyway!

Also, are the WWE titles made from real gold? Or do they have multiple numbers of the same titles so are made from like gold plated steel or something.

Tinie wrote: »
    Has a heel ever won the Royal Rumble? Im trying to think of one but I cant anyway!

Del Rio, this year?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Del Rio, this year?
    Oh yeah, not a massive WWE fan anymore and completely missed that one. Cant think of any before then anyway, but there probably is a few.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭drayme

Shawn Michaels in 1995
    Ric Flair in 1992
    Steve Austin in 1997
    Vince McMahon in 1999
    Big Show in 2000

Off the top of my head

• Advertisement

Tinie wrote: »
    Oh yeah, not a massive WWE fan anymore and completely missed that one. Cant think of any before then anyway, but there probably is a few.

Randy Orton in 2009,
    Batista in 2005,
    Brock in 2003,
    Tripper in 2002,
    Stone cold in 1997,
    Vince in 1999,
    And then the first "Heel" win was in 1993 and was Yokozuna.

Advertisement