Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q&A thread - Your Questions Answered! **no chat**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

CMpunked wrote: »
    Randy Orton in 2009,
    Batista in 2005,
    Brock in 2003,
    Tripper in 2002,
    Stone cold in 1997,
    Vince in 1999,
    And then the first "Heel" win was in 1993 and was Yokozuna.

HHH wasnt heel in 2002 was he? He returned to a MASSIVE reaction in MSG, and feuded with a heel jericho?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

yep, hhh was face upon returning. Remember the running choke move? lol

Brock was face in 2003 as well methinks. He faced Angle at WMXIX and Brock was face; Angle heel. (yes thats the one where he necks himself!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭jmolloy

How many stockholders are on here? Tempted to buy one through that oneshare website

• Registered Users Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

See it fetching over 300euro on ebay at the moment. Anyone read anywhere if WWEShop are gonna stock it?

See it fetching over 300euro on ebay at the moment. Anyone read anywhere if WWEShop are gonna stock it?

give it a month or so when Punk returns. I imagine he'll be wearing it. tbh i can't believe WWE haven't been selling it the month leading up to MITB.

Gonna move this to the Q&A thread :) there's been no further information on it, only speculation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,027 ✭✭✭✭cena

How many stockholders are on here? Tempted to buy one through that oneshare website

i WAS THINKING of doing last year but was told too stay away. I thnik my theard is in here some where

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Just to follow up on the Punk shirt, I think I saw a few people wearing them in the crowd on Raw last night...would imagine thats a sign they weren't a one night only deal...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,027 ✭✭✭✭cena

jaykhunter wrote: »
    give it a month or so when Punk returns. I imagine he'll be wearing it. tbh i can't believe WWE haven't been selling it the month leading up to MITB.

Why not go too a T-shirt printing place and get them too make one for you if you really want one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

What kind of wages are wwe wrestlers on?
    what do the top guys make compared to lower guys?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

With regard to Nunzio now being a referee - has it ever been mentioned that he was once a wrestler?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

With regard to Nunzio now being a referee - has it ever been mentioned that he was once a wrestler?

Don't think so but then why would it. He's not part of the stories. IIRC, there was a directive passed a few years back which said refs should not be achknowledged by name on TV, cause they shouldn't play a big role in stories....
    What kind of wages are wwe wrestlers on?
    what do the top guys make compared to lower guys?

Not sure how legit this is but this is the list always reprinted when this question is asked. From a few years back though...
    WWE Pay Roles October 2004-February 2006

Below is the World Wrestling Entertainment talent roster payroll that was taken from October of 2004 until February of 2006. The shown dollar amount
    beside each wrestler is the grand total that they earned from World Wrestling Entertainment in a one year period (downside guarantees, bonuses, and merchandise shares). Some wrestler's were given special privileges and bonuses in their contracts which can also be seen beside their total pay. All wrestler's contracts begin and end at different months of the year,
    there for each shown amount is what that particular wrestler earned in a 365 day time period between October 2004 and February 2006 (or however long
    >they have been with the company). All dollar amounts were rounded up/down

(Example: $244,766 would be $245,000)
    - Batista: $813,000 (First class flight tickets paid for every week)
    - Big Show: $1,000,000 (Base salary)
    - Bob Holly: $217,000
    - Booker T: $375,000
    - Candice Michelle: $64,000
    - Carlito: $319,000
    - Chavo Guerrero: $206,000
    - Chris Benoit: $488,000 (First class flight tickets paid for every week)
    - Chris Masters: $253,000
    - Christian - $396,000
    - Danny Basham: $130,000
    - Doug Basham: $126,000
    - Eddie Guerrero: $372,000
    - Edge: $704,000
    - Eugene: $189,000
    - Funaki: $124,000
    - Gene Snitsky: $292,000
    - Gregory Helms: $277,000
    - John Cena: $1,743,000 (First class flight tickets, hotel accommodations, and ground transportation paid for every week)
    - John Layfield: $786,000 (Five star hotel accommodations paid for every week)
    - Jerry Lawler: $204,000 (First class flight tickets, hotel accommodations, and ground transportation paid for every week)
    - Jillian Hall: $52,000
    - Joey Mercury: $134,000
    - Johnny Nitro: $143,000
    - Jonathan Coachman: $175,000
    - Kane: $ 851,000 (First class flight tickets paid for every week)
    - Ken Kennedy: $133,000
    - Kid Kash: $62,000
    - Kurt Angle: $1,023,000 (First class flight tickets paid for every week)
    - Lance Cade: $118,000
    - Lilian Garcia: $90,000
    - Lita: $286,000 (Mostly downside paid due to lack of wrestling)
    - Maria: $41,000
    - Mark Henry: $300,000 (Base pay)
    - Matt Hardy: $322,000 (Missed over $70,000 of pay due to firing)
    - Matt Striker: $43,000
    - Melina: $155,000
    - Mickie James: $72,000
    - Nunzio: $186,000
    - Orlando Jordan: $145,000
    - Paul London: $177,000
    - Psicosis: $122,000
    - Randy Orton: $711,000 (First class flight tickets paid for every week)
    - Rene Dupree: $289,000
    - Rey Mysterio: $414,000
    - Ric Flair: $508,000 (First class flight tickets paid for every week)
    - Rob Conway: $186,000
    - Rob Van Darn: $220,000 (Only received downside and royalties due to injury)
    - Rosie: $105,000
    - Shawn Michaels: $1,045,000 (First class flight tickets, hotel accommodations, and ground transportation paid for every week)
    - Shelton Benjamin: $366,000
    - Simon Dean: $132,000
    - Stacy Keibler: $178,000 (Only downside paid during absence)
    - Steven Richards: $94,000
    - Torrie Wilson: $260,000
    - Trevor Murdoch: $48,000
    - Triple H: $2,013,000 (Allowed the personal use of company jet (10) times per year. First class flight tickets, hotel accommodations, and ground transportation paid for every week)
    - Trish Stratus: $618,000 (Receives 20% of all Trish Stratus merchandise sold)
    - Tyson Tomko: $127,000
    - Undertaker: $1,811,000 (First class flight tickets, hotel accommodations, and ground transportation paid for every week)
    - Val Venis: $210,000
    - Victoria: $275,000
    - Viscera: $130,000
    - William Regal: $225,000

What kind of wages are wwe wrestlers on? what do the top guys make compared to lower guys?

This is my basic understanding! FCW guys aren't paid that much, maybe $30,000 per year. If you're on the main roster I think starting is $50-70,000. It goes up the longer you're there, to $150,000; I think Shelton was getting paid around $400,000 per annum when he was released.

At the other end of the spectrum, the likes of Orton/Mysterio, with merch sales I'd imagine they're on about $3-4,000,000/year; Cena being the #1 guy I'm sure he's on $6-7,000,000.

I remember Rock was earning $7,000,000 when he was leaving, but accounting for inflation countering lower profits i say it about evens out.

edit : Christ, looks like I was way overestimating what the top end gets paid! Maybe then Orton/Mysterio around $1 million and Cena at $2ish.
    gimmick wrote: »

I don't believe so. I wonder what percentage of fans recognise him!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭drayme

That payrole is total rubbish btw.

how much do u think the top lads are getting? I think Kevin Dunn's on something huge aswell, Johnny Ace, Triple H too.

jaykhunter wrote: »
    how much do u think the top lads are getting? I think Kevin Dunn's on something huge aswell, Johnny Ace, Triple H too.
    According to Forbes.com, Kevin Dunn (Executive Vice President, Television Production and Director for WWE) in 2010 received $746,154 in base salaray, $680,400 in restricted stock awards, $359,000 in other income for a total compensation of $1.7 million. The Wrestling Observer Newsletter noted that this would make Dunn the highest paid non-wrestler in the company without the last name of McMahon.

Another magazine piece said recently Dunn is vastly under paid given all his responsibilities, tenure and overall value to the company.

Paul and Johnny's salary are public record but I cant find them currently.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

drayme wrote: »
    That payrole is total rubbish btw.

By much?

If true, then my god. Cena is getting around 38thousand a week and doesn't have to pay a cent towards actually travelling?!
    ronsimmons3.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭fulhamfanincork

Are Sky Sports showing any repeats or is there any way for me to watch repeats of the show?

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Repeat was last night at 9. Only being shown once it seems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭fulhamfanincork

gimmick wrote: »
    Repeat was last night at 9. Only being shown once it seems.
    curses.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

curses.

Gwan, yeee have other options mateeeey ;)

ad906.jpg

• Advertisement

By much?

It was dismissed out of hand by Meltzer, Keller and Scherer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

By much?

If true, then my god. Cena is getting around 38thousand a week and doesn't have to pay a cent towards actually travelling?!
    ronsimmons3.jpg

When you look at what the top sports stars in the States earn and you compare the physical toll wrestling every night takes on the body compared to most sports, Cena is the one getting ripped off tbh.

flahavaj wrote: »
    When you look at what the top sports stars in the States earn and you compare the physical toll wrestling every night takes on the body compared to most sports, Cena is the one getting ripped off tbh.

Very True, but at least they arent going through the spot fests of the 90s times.
    They are looked after a bit better now.
    I just find it funny that is pretty much all profit for him. Like i know the likes of Messi is on ridiculous amounts of money and arent being pushed to the limit physically as wrestlers are, (but i would say that football players shouldnt be on that much at all, infact unless you are some sort of head of corporation/high profile, in charge of a lot of people role, then you shouldnt be on stupid amounts that footballers are.)
    Anyway.. [/Rant]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Very True, but at least they arent going through the spot fests of the 90s times.
    They are looked after a bit better now.
    I just find it funny that is pretty much all profit for him. Like i know the likes of Messi is on ridiculous amounts of money and arent being pushed to the limit physically as wrestlers are, (but i would say that football players shouldnt be on that much at all, infact unless you are some sort of head of corporation/high profile, in charge of a lot of people role, then you shouldnt be on stupid amounts that footballers are.)
    Anyway.. [/Rant]

If you think soccer players' wages are bad, ypou'd want to see the contracts the top basketball/baseball players in the US get. Makes Cena's alleged pay look like pocket money.

flahavaj wrote: »
    If you think soccer players' wages are bad, ypou'd want to see the contracts the top basketball/baseball players in the US get. Makes Cena's alleged pay look like pocket money.

for my sanity i wont, cheers for the heads up. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭themick

bit of a random question but....when cm punk comes out,he goes down on his knee then gets back up shoutin 'its clobbering time'...is there a reason he says this..i.e-is it from a tv show,paying homage to another wrestler,etc??

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

themick wrote: »
    bit of a random question but....when cm punk comes out,he goes down on his knee then gets back up shoutin 'its clobbering time'...is there a reason he says this..i.e-is it from a tv show,paying homage to another wrestler,etc??

cant say for sure its why Punk does it but thats what the thing from the fantastic 4 says

• Registered Users Posts: 12,054 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Watching some old raws from 93...anyone know what that original arena held?? Looks to hold about 500 :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Watching some old raws from 93...anyone know what that original arena held?? Looks to hold about 500 :eek:

The early Raws were broadcast from the Manhattan Centre Grand Ballroom which holds 1200.

• Advertisement

themick wrote: »
    bit of a random question but
    Thats what this thread is for :)
    when cm punk comes out,he goes down on his knee then gets back up shoutin 'its clobbering time'...is there a reason he says this..i.e-is it from a tv show,paying homage to another wrestler,etc??

When he gets down on one knee he usually taps his wrist or holds it up to his ear, as if he is listening to a watch.
    He then stands up and yells that.

He used to say it all the time in ROH. He would ask the crowd what time is it and then shout "its clobbering time."

For example:

It should also be noted that punk is a massive comic book fan, so making the assumption between him using the phrase because of a comic book character (thing from the fantastic four) makes sense.

Advertisement