Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q&A thread - Your Questions Answered! **no chat**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭TheBantam

Are there any other major shareholders in the WWE other than Vince? Or is it just pretty much his?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭drayme

TheBantam wrote: »
    Are there any other major shareholders in the WWE other than Vince? Or is it just pretty much his?

Depends what you call major really. But yeah it is the Vince show.

Vince McMahon (59% of shares; 88% of voting power)

Together with his wife Linda McMahon, and their children Shane McMahon and Stephanie McMahon-Levesque (WWE Executive Vice President of Talent and Creative Writing), the McMahons hold approximately 70% of WWE's economic interest and 96% of the voting power in the company.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭themick

Cheers for replies bout punks clobbering time..have another question....during one of colt cabanas 'art of wrestling' podcasts, he said while in wwe devolpmental there was a guy who (and I quote)..

"That was a guy who was a model,that wwe offered a contract twice and he turned them down and on 3rd time he agreed to join,....now he at top of card"

Was wonderin does anyone know who he was talking bout...I taught it might be alex riley,but don't think they would be in devolpmental at same time

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

how long ago was that podcast?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭themick

Yeah it proberly would of been helpful if I could of remembered which podcast it was,althogh I think it could of been the mikey from spirt squad one(I could be wrong) but it was in and around those few weeks

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I remember that one and I've not heard many but I can't remember who he was supposidly talkin about. Maybe he meant Khali...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Could be Justin Gabriel (aka Paul Lloyd), used to be a model back in South Africa, both would have been in developmental in 2008, although Cabana was OVW and Gabriel was FCW.

http://www.saguysmodels.co.za/events/mrfitness2007/fitness20071.htm

http://www.missfitness.co.za/2008_gallery_mrphysique.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

That is DEFINITELY Justin Gabriel.

And I just got a load of weird looks because I opened those pages in work.

Got it from wikipedia.
    Lloyd has competed in numerous modeling contests as well. He placed first in the Male Fitness Model Search held by FAME SA,[44] sixth in the 2008 Mr Body Classic contest held by Mr & Ms Body Beautiful SA,[45] eighth in the 2007 Men's Model Search held by Mr & Ms Fitness SA,[46] and reached the top five in the Mr Physique Division in the 2008 Men's Model Search.[47][48]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

I'm not at all throwing my name out there but how are the mods selected on Boards?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

GTR63 wrote: »
    I'm not at all throwing my name out there but how are the mods selected on Boards?

the current mods pick who they would like to add to the mod team, kick the idea upstairs to the admins who vet them (previous infractions etc obviously would count against a person for example), if they have no problem with that person then you can check if they would be willing to take on the job (this can be done before talking to the admins too but if your not confident of an appointment it might be better to wait so as not to create an issue) and then if they are they get modded.

Why certain posters are chosen over others can be for any number of reasons but generally someone who actively contributes to the forum in a positive way and is a regular poster thats online a good lot is obviously a good choice, as is someone who already does extra stuff to make the forum a little bit better without being asked to. For example before being made mod Jaykhunter was already doing the OSW reviews regularily which was obviously not the only reason he was chosen but it was a good example of why he would be suitable.

tbh as was said at the time of Jay's reveal as the new mod we have quite a large number of posters who are regulars here atm that would also be very good choices for modship imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

GTR63 wrote: »
    I'd love to do it meself. I've been dying to be a mod for ages, purely for the custom avatar. I'd do without coke and hookers. Theres no set way. Comes down to any number of things.

You'd get a PM from an exisiting Mod or Admin offering the position of Mod, and then its up to you to accept or deny. You could be a mod for a forum you frequent most because you have experience in it, or you could be asked to be a mod in a forum where you have no opinion, so you'd be neutral to any debates.

Generally an exisiting mod or regular user would suggest via PM or the mod forum that someone new is needed or would do well as a mod. Usually happens when some other mod stands down, or an extra one is needed due to increased traffic.

TL;DR http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055103592

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭jmolloy

OSW reviews

what be that?

jmolloy wrote: »
    what be that?

this

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭jmolloy

oh yeah i really enjoyed that, cheers

CMpunked wrote: »

yeah his mod application aswell as more of his sheer ummm greatness ;) is saved in the hotlinks sticky for anyone who wants to relive it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

ha ha, lol a free plug.

oh god, i just indirectly plugged BWE :p Seriously though there's a long list of suitable posters as mods for PW; which speaks volumes about the awesomeness of PW boards :) felt like the prettiest bell of the ball getting asked :o

seeing as theres a massive board orgy going on, may i just add in that we are now the 16th most posted forum over the whole Boards Universe!
    1. After Hours 2,762,094
    2. Football 1,290,300
    3. The cuckoos nest 638,303
    4. Poker 603,728
    5. Personal Issues 501,733
    6. Airsoft 396,848
    7. Cycling 346,396
    8. Health 345,636
    9. Photography 336,894
    10. Nocturnal 314,527
    11. Athletics 282,992
    12. Games 252,679
    13. Ladies lounge 251,011
    14. Leaving Cert 243,340
    15. Rugby 235,629
    16. Pro Wrestling 220,407
    17. Feedback 208,421

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭fulhamfanincork

Will the wwe ruin the Punk storyline or will they keep doing a good job with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Will the wwe ruin the Punk storyline or will they keep doing a good job with it?

what do you think :o It's only a matter of time. It can't possibly live up to the hype. Just don't be too angry when it goes the way of the Nexus.

• Advertisement

I know I saw this answered a few days ago somewhere but I cant find the post now.

How much WWE stock is owned by Vince and his family and how much is owned by everyone else? Also, how much voting power does Vince and co have?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

I know I saw this answered a few days ago somewhere but I cant find the post now.

How much WWE stock is owned by Vince and his family and how much is owned by everyone else? Also, how much voting power does Vince and co have?

It's detailed in Drayme's post on the previous page for me anyway.

Ugh. You know I read over that page three times and didn't see it -_- Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭partyndbs

in the mood for it, and would like to watch it again?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

partyndbs wrote: »
    in the mood for it, and would like to watch it again?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=john+cena+cm+punk+mitb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

For the love of GOD, if you only have a question to ask, use the QUESTION thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

What wrestlers despise eachother or hate eachother in real life? That anyone knows of? perviously, have they 'worked' together during this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

What wrestlers despise eachother or hate eachother in real life? That anyone knows of? perviously, have they 'worked' together during this?

Michaels-Hart is the obvious one.
    Hart didn't have much time for Flair either when both men were active.
    There's also Matt Hardy and Edge, who were put in a feud together after edge 'stole' lita.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Jeez how long do you have?

Of top level dudes:

Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels
    Savage and Hogan
    Bret and Flair
    Hogan and HHH
    Rock and Shawn Michaels

Flair and Foley did a feud based on what they wrote about each other in their respective books.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

^^^

whats the story with Rock and Michaels?

Advertisement