Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q&A thread - Your Questions Answered! **no chat**

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

D.Q wrote: »
    ^^^

whats the story with Rock and Michaels?

You see Shawn Michaels was a bit of a dick. :pac:

http://www.24wrestling.com/real-life-rivals-the-rock-shawn-michaels-cross-paths-at-wm-27/

Heard the tape this year of the Rock's interview with PWTorch in 1999 and him just flatly saying he had no interest ever wrestling Shawn.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Good article. I thought Rock would've ironed things out with Hunter because they made each other white-hot in 2000. But Shawn was an ass/junkbag until 2002; when Rock had already had his stint in hollywood. I imagine it made Rock's transition to Hollywood easier seeing HHH in his burying tyrannical phase in 2003; he was in no hurry to return and deal with the bullshít politics.

I don't mind HBK being an ass back in the day because he was still the best on the mic and in the ring; and was out shortly after there was a bigger face getting pushed (Austin).

Worth noting Rock's mother was known as one of the most fiercest promoters in North America who had a lot of wrestlers scared of her.

Rock did the foreword to Harvey Wippleman's book and he calls the Rock's mother all sorts of names. So Shawn really must have pushed things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

^ What? You have lost me now. I presume you mean Shawn wrote the foreword?

gimmick wrote: »
    ^ What? You have lost me now. I presume you mean Shawn wrote the foreword?

Rock wrote the foreward. Rock knew his mother was a real wagon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭BetterThanThou

My normal shoes aren't really good for training, so I need a new pair.
    I was thinking of getting a pair of boots, since I'll need them later anyway.
    However, I'm quite a bit overweight(one of the reasons I started wrestling), with a little fat on my calves.
    I also plan on getting some lifts that are no more than 4 inches(probably 2 or 3)
    After I lose the fat around my calves do you think my boots will be too loose?
    I don't have any exact measurements, but I use medium Trace knee pads, and they fit and they're only a little tight.

nope, just get ones that fit you today. You can deal with that great problem (them being too loose because you lost weight) when the time comes! best of luck w/ the wrestling mate.

Gonna move this to the Q&A thread :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

rovert wrote: »
    Worth noting Rock's mother was known as one of the most fiercest promoters in North America who had a lot of wrestlers scared of her.

Rock did the foreword to Harvey Wippleman's book and he calls the Rock's mother all sorts of names. So Shawn really must have pushed things.

Wrong that was Rocks Grandmother

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭BetterThanThou

jaykhunter wrote: »
    nope, just get ones that fit you today. You can deal with that great problem (them being too loose because you lost weight) when the time comes! best of luck w/ the wrestling mate.

Gonna move this to the Q&A thread :)
    Would it be possible to deal with them being too lose without buying a new pair?
    Since I've noticed the cheapest you can get boots for is around $150(And I'd be more likely to go for around $220) I don't really want to buy one pair and have to replace them a few months later.

This'd be best answered by the guys in irish wrestling promotions - just ask here : http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056294295 :)

• Advertisement

I haven't watched much ROH.

But any time I go to buy one of their DVDs on ebay in the title it always has "Rare DVD" and in the description it usually says "No longer available to buy on the ROH site".

My question is why would ROH stop selling their own events?

I tried to buy ROH:Man up the other night but it ended up going for €25 so surely ROH would make money if they continued selling their own events?

I imagine it's a case of them ordering a batch of DVDs and when they sell out, they're sold out, unless there's big demand. ROH don't make much money so it'd cost them a good bit of capital to get a new batch made. Maybe the company that prints them only deal in 1000s but they might only sell another 50....

Hopefully this'll become moot when digital distribution gets bigger. Or if they could strike a deal with Netflix or XBL/PSN etc.

jaykhunter wrote: »
    I imagine it's a case of them ordering a batch of DVDs and when they sell out, they're sold out, unless there's big demand. ROH don't make much money so it'd cost them a good bit of capital to get a new batch made. Maybe the company that prints them only deal in 1000s but they might only sell another 50....

Hopefully this'll become moot when digital distribution gets bigger. Or if they could strike a deal with Netflix or XBL/PSN etc.

That makes sense.

If anyone on here is thinking of selling their ROH DVDs for cheap give me a shout :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Ill put together a list of the ones I no longer want later this evening. Not sure how many there will be. Might be one, might be 20!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

Is there someone in the back feeding the commentator lines, or is it all JR and Kings and others own commentary? Also is commentary scripted or pre written to an extent or is like real commentary for other sports where its all on the fly?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Has anybody here who attended live tapings or PPV's been seen on tv? I know theres at least a few!

Is there someone in the back feeding the commentator lines, or is it all JR and Kings and others own commentary? Also is commentary scripted or pre written to an extent or is like real commentary for other sports where its all on the fly?
    Gorilla position feeds them what to say at certain points, a lot of commentary and really crap banter (im looking at you booker t) is done on the fly. When certain info needs to be mentioned, Vince will scream it through the headset. Just ask Mick Foley.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

Gorilla position feeds them what to say at certain points, a lot of commentary and really crap banter (im looking at you booker t) is done on the fly. When certain info needs to be mentioned, Vince will scream it through the headset. Just ask Mick Foley.
    Ah right cheers. One other question though, what is the Gorilla Position?

Vince McMahon and/or Stephanie.

Kevin Dunn chimes with odd line as well as given production cues such as an ad break coming up.

An area just behind the curtain where wrestlers wait on stage for their music is played/their cue. It is named the Gorilla Position as an old wrestler called Gorilla Monsoon manned it.-

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Basically, it's a table right behind the entrance curtain where Vince and co direct the show from. They give orders to wrestlers before they go out into the arena and, using monitors and headsets, relay information to the people who need to know it (referees, commentators, backstage crew, etc). It's named after Gorilla Monsoon who worked on that position for ages....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Technically not a wrestling related question, but is there anyway you can display a thread in one page? It would make it much more easier and quicker for me to skim through the weekly Raw threads.

Charisteas wrote: »
    Technically not a wrestling related question, but is there anyway you can display a thread in one page? It would make it much more easier and quicker for me to skim through the weekly Raw threads.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/profile.php?do=editoptions

You can display 40 posts per page

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Have JR's restaurants really gone out of business as HHH said on Raw?

Has anyone ever been to one? Any good?

I got some bottles of his BBQ sauce alright and it's really good, mad to try the ketchup but can't get it shipped here unfortunately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Has anybody here who attended live tapings or PPV's been seen on tv? I know theres at least a few!

I was shown in full clear view on IwW whiplash Tv holding a sign that said "Buiser, you aint no thang but a chicken wang" wen i was id say 16. I was a legend that day. I am a legend today.

Charisteas, i think it was you asking if you could view more posts per page on boards; i used my modly powers to ask around (lol) vbulletin on boards only allows a maximum of 40, but! if you're using firefox; you can install Greasemonkey, which will allow you to install a script that you can turn on, that'll allow you to see every post in one page!

so stages again
    - install firefox
    - install greasemonkey
    - go to script page and click install
    - on firefox, go to tools -> Greasemonkey -> click "on" where you see autopagerise.

:)

I think my scroll wheel would have a fit if i did that....

Now for my question!

OFFICIALLY, what role does HHH have at the moment, and what role does Vince have? My common sense tells me nothing at all changed last week and it was all just story, but I have this nagging feeling that their positions were affected in some way.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

I'll give that greasemonkey software a shot, cheers Jay

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭tdv123

What pills was Shawn Michaels on during the late 90's. Was it something like oxycontin? Or was it a mix of different things?

• Advertisement

tdv123 wrote: »
    What pills was Shawn Michaels on during the late 90's. Was it something like oxycontin? Or was it a mix of different things?

You want some?

Most likely soma.

Advertisement