Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q&A thread - Your Questions Answered! **no chat**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Oh i bet Shawn was on a crap ton of drugs, party and otherwise. I'm sure he was a coked-up wreck/maniac backstage but cleaned up perfectly when the cameras started rolling. He recounts that he was "one of those good drug addicts" that could work and party at the same time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

What WWE wrestler just has simply no time for the fans?

Punk is notoriously bad with fans, brushing them off etc. I imagine he has his fair share of obnoxious fans but he seems to bítch and complain about them more than everyone else. "God I hate being so popular and people love me"... Hates being famous but is the hottest star in the industry. Gotta expect some fan love.

I hear Batista and Mark Henry aren't the nicest either.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Punk is notoriously bad with fans, brushing them off etc. I imagine he has his fair share of obnoxious fans but he seems to bítch and complain about them more than everyone else. "God I hate being so popular and people love me"... Hates being famous but is the hottest star in the industry. Gotta expect some fan love.

That's simply rubbish. He hates people who are rude and disrespectful. He turns down certion types of fans - notably profressoional autograph hunters in airports.

No, your statement is rubbish. Yes, understandably he's rude to autograph hunters/eBayers but he has a rep beyond that, being obnoxious to polite fans who see him around town and say hello. He just doesn't ever want to be bothered outside the ring. Even on Colt's podcast he 'apologised' for Punk being an asshole to the general public, saying that's just his way.

I've never heard of Punk being a lovely guy if you're polite; I've always heard of him just brushing off pretty much all fans.

• Advertisement

No, your statement is rubbish. Yes, understandably he's rude to autograph hunters/eBayers but he has a rep beyond that, being obnoxious to polite fans who see him around town and say hello. He just doesn't ever want to be bothered outside the ring. Even on Colt's podcast he 'apologised' for Punk being an asshole to the general public, saying that's just his way.

I've never heard of Punk being a lovely guy if you're polite; I've always heard of him just brushing off pretty much all fans.

I think you are confusing things here but whatevers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Ridley

The way I hear it, you've got to work for his attention.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,363 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

I hear Batista and Mark Henry aren't the nicest either.

have to say we met punk back in march 2006 and he was really nice, he spent about 15mins talking to us, i haven't met him since so can't comment

from my experience mark henry, tista and flair have little time for fans, i have heard stuff about jbl and hhh too but i haven't met either of those

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Didn't Henry get in to some **** up the north with a fan but my memory is a little Hazy.
    I meant to ask this earlier in the week but what were the worst incidents of no selling in wrestling matches.

GTR63 wrote: »
    I meant to ask this earlier in the week but what were the worst incidents of no selling in wrestling matches.

Every Davey Richards match :p

• Advertisement

Guess which one of these was on the way out of the WWF and so no-sold everything, lol.

One of my qualms with high work-rate indie wrestling is that they no-sell massive spots. Even Kurt Angle has been guilty of this over the last few months. Where's the gain in teaching fans to think "c'mon get up, what's the next spot"? :(

I love me some Davey Richards, but constant amazing high-workrate doesn't allow for enough drama/emotion for me. Like it's awesome when exposed to it but after a while you want something more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,363 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Didn't Henry get in to some **** up the north with a fan but my memory is a little Hazy.

he did, it was last april 2010 in the hilton in belfast, we stayed in the hotel the night before the supposed incident between him and a fan took place and henry was in awful mood the night i was there

probably the most famous incident is brody and luger

another famous no-sell incident was in japan in 1985 where andre no-sold most of akira maedas offence

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

rovert wrote: »
    I think you are confusing things here but whatevers.

No I heard the same episode of The Art of Wrestling and Punk point blank admits that he doesn't like to be bothered in public and is often rude to fans.

Now there are some cases were Punk will chat and gives fans the time of day, but it's rare.

However I wouldn't say Punk is an asshole because of it, because he is dead right. His personal time is just that, his personal time, and he shouldn't be bothered by fans looking to ask a million and one questions or get a picture. At least he gives his full time to fans when it's an offical public appearence, which cannot be said for everyone *cough* Flair *cough*

Daniel Bryan is ****ing brilliant crack in public though, as is Evan Bourne. Just watch your fingers.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

It's more complete over-selling than no-selling, but I always loved HBK vs Hogan at Summerslam, since it was obvious HBK had a problem and didn't want to sell Hogan's offence.

And then there's any match with John Cena in it, though the match against Nexus was probably the worst example; he took a DDT onto a concrete floor and was fine less than a minute later.

No I heard the same episode of The Art of Wrestling and Punk point blank admits that he doesn't like to be bothered in public and is often rude to fans.

Now there are some cases were Punk will chat and gives fans the time of day, but it's rare.

However I wouldn't say Punk is an asshole because of it, because he is dead right. His personal time is just that, his personal time, and he shouldn't be bothered by fans looking to ask a million and one questions or get a picture. At least he gives his full time to fans when it's an offical public appearence, which cannot be said for everyone *cough* Flair *cough*

Daniel Bryan is ****ing brilliant crack in public though, as is Evan Bourne. Just watch your fingers.

Ah but Naitch sounded like he'd be great craic after being stranded over here.

A chap on twitter asked Bret Hart if he'll be appearing at the AWR show in Ireland in October and Bret said yes.

Anyone know anything about AWR doing shows over here in October? Their website wont load for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

So is Prince Nana, except the morning after.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Anyone know anything about AWR doing shows over here in October? Their website wont load for me.

The dude even says he has a ticket for derry already? :confused:

brete.png

They must be.

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭StoneColdFan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

And then there's any match with John Cena in it, though the match against Nexus was probably the worst example; he took a DDT onto a concrete floor and was fine less than a minute later.

I think you are forgetting that Cena is in fact, Superman. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Has anybody here who attended live tapings or PPV's been seen on tv? I know theres at least a few!

Myself & SuperRush were in the front row of Smackdown after WM26.... When Jack Swagger cashed in the MITB on Jericho. That footage was used for a long time afterwards on WWE TV

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭chasenlife

Do general managers actually have any power? I assume they are told what to do by the script writers ie what matches to make etc

chasenlife wrote: »
    Do general managers actually have any power? I assume they are told what to do by the script writers ie what matches to make etc

They do but Teddy Long can only book tag team matches. :P

Seriously no.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭jmolloy

is there any chance of adding a promo's thread as a sticky kinda like the matches thread as promo's are more important than some of the matches now

Sorry another WWE shopzone question :D

Has anyone pre ordered an item off them before? I ordered the new CM Punk shirt last week but my order still says pending.

The shirt is due to go on sale on Friday but will it be shipped on Friday?

I have a feeling the order will only be processed on Friday so the shirt wont be sent till Monday.

Usually I wouldn't care but I'm going away the next week so if its not sent on Friday it will most likely not be delivered before I go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Gillberg

Does anyone know if HHH will be at the Liverpool RAW taping in November?

Gillberg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I'd imagine so if his on screen COO role is a permanent one, probably wont be wrestling but if its a tv taping he should be there in some capacity

Why did Christian change the name of his signature more from the Unprettier to the Killswitch

• Advertisement

Why did Christian change the name of his signature more from the Unprettier to the Killswitch

To sound more serious really.
    The June 2009 issue of WWE Magazine has an interview with Christian. In it, he explains changing the name of his finisher from the Unprettier to the Killswitch. Christian told the official magazine the following:

I never liked the name Unprettier because it's grammatically incorrect... just kidding. The real reason is that the name started off as a joke with the Hardys; one day, while the TLC song "Unpretty" was playing in the background, I said out loud, "I'm going to call my move the Unprettier because when I hit you with it, it makes you feel so damn unpretty." Then an announcer said the name on the air and it stuck. To me, though, it's a vicious move, and "Unprettier" never matched the move's sheer impact. For all this time, I've wished I could change it, and my return to WWE offered the perfect opportunity. But I don't know how I came up with the name Killswitch; it just hit me one day.

Although Killswitch is more serious; i find it odd since i associate the word with Punk, whose previous song (This Fire Burns) was by Killswitch Engage. And Striker would drop "killswitch engage!" a few times when Christian came back and used it on ECW.

Advertisement