Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q&A thread - Your Questions Answered! **no chat**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    Do the WWE still acknowledge that Chris Benoit ever existed or was his time in the company swept under the carpet after what he did?

Pretty sure he has been ignored completely.He can never be acknowledged or admired by wwe after what he did.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,012 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

GTR63 wrote: »
    Pretty sure he has been ignored completely.He can never be acknowledged or admired by wwe after what he did.

Which unfortunately means we'll never get a true Best of Smackdown set.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭Rabidlamb

Why do WWE insist on using metal songs as entrance music, everyone's fascination with Limp Bizkit or Lincoln Park died out 10 years ago ?.
    Consider the power of the Undertaker using Johnny Cash against the homogenised grunge of most performers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Rabidlamb wrote: »
    Why do WWE insist on using metal songs as entrance music, everyone's fascination with Limp Bizkit or Lincoln Park died out 10 years ago ?.
    Consider the power of the Undertaker using Johnny Cash against the homogenised grunge of most performers.

Vince McMahon and in particular Excutive Producer/The No.2 person in the company Kevin Dunn like that style of music. Vince is known to jam out to AC/DC and Kid Rock on the private jet. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    Do the WWE still acknowledge that Chris Benoit ever existed or was his time in the company swept under the carpet after what he did?

You'll never see his name on the back of a DVD but his matches are slowly creeping back into DVDsets. iirc, he featured in a match on the Elimination Chamber DVD; although all commentary referring to him was dubbed out.

have a look from the back of that DVD set:
    Summerslam 2003: Triple H, Goldberg, Chris Jericho, Kevin Nash, Shawn Michaels and Randy Orton

The King of Kings is King of the Chamber.

New Year’s Revolution 2005 :Triple H wins his third chamber in a row.

Edge takes advantage.

New Years Revolution 2006 : John Cena, Kurt Angle, Carlito, Kane, Chris Masters and Shawn Michaels

@ NYR it was HHH v Edge v Benoit v Jericho v Batty v Orton.

AFAIK there's been a few instances, like Benoit's win at WMXX featuring in WWE.com's top WM moments; things like that.

We might get a moment or a match; but yeah he'd be included in minimal fashion; so as chopperbyrne says we'll never get a best of smackdown; he wasn't included in the best wrestlers of the 21 century dvd...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I'm watching the Nitro DVD and am 99% sure that a blurred out sign says Benoit. That's taking it to the extreme. Yes, what he did was awful but to try and erase him from history is just petty. Everyone knows he was one of the greatest wrestlers of his time and he should be acknowledged for what he did in the ring, regardless of what he did outside it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Benoit shows up in the jericho DVD for the TLC match on Smackdown. He shows up standing outside the ring, but ALL of his actions during the match are edited out, including him being stretchered out and the following conchairto.

Which unfortunately means we'll never get a true Best of Smackdown set.

Could you imagine how good a boxset of his best matches would be it'd be mindblowing(I think only a proper Angle & Hbk boxset could beat it). I remember not too long after it happened watching his match with Bret in WcW,felt quite awkward to watch.

Ive always said this on here for years and years. I can separate the art from the artist 99.9% of the time. But I cant really understand someone watching a Benoit match given all the trauma he takes to the back (German suplexes) and front ("shoot" flying headbutts, choosing not to put up his hands up on chairshots) the head.

Then you have the story and the visual of the Crippler Crossface at the end of most of his matches a move or a move similar to what he murdered Daniel Benoit with.

This has been discussed into the ground here and elsewhere on the net. Just my POV and I am not passing judgement on anyone or looking for agro.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

rovert wrote: »
    Then you have the story and the visual of the Crippler Crossface at the end of most of his matches a move or a move similar to what he murdered Daniel Benoit with.
    You're kidding right?

Daniel died from suffocation.

• Advertisement

You're kidding right?

Daniel died from suffocation.

Benoit suffocated him in the crossface position Daniel had internal throat injuries. I do remember the DA telling Dave Meltzer that the Crossface was used.

The investigation was riddled with mistakes and conflicting information. For example the autopsy report and the death certificate list different causes of death for Daniel: The autopsy report listed "cervical compression" while the death certificate lists "suffocation."

http://www.cagesideseats.com/2010/12/22/1892494/new-information-comes-out-about-chris-benoit-and-his-murder-suicide

The 2007 Wrestling Observers arent online but this (tabloid) news report has the quote:
    Police investigating the case believe he may have employed a version of his famed `finishing move' to kill his young son--because marks on the boy's body match those on victims of Benoit’s in the ring.

District Attorney Scott Ballard says, "A choke hold was used, rather than hands. There's no bruising consistent with strangulation by hands."

Wrestling writer Dave Meltzer adds, "There was bruising consistent with the Crippler Crossface on one arm and Daniel's face. There were no bruises on his neck.

"But police don't believe, because of the size difference, that the hold was applied exactly as in a wrestling match."

"In the ring, the Crippler Crossface involved placing an arm of a floored opponent between Benoit's legs, locking his hands around their face and pulling back to stretch their neck."

http://www.hollywood.com/news/Benoit_Used_Crippler_Hold_to_Kill_His_Son/4346894

Has comedy in the main event ever sold a ppv? NWA, WCW or WWE?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

What he did was brutal, horrific and unfortunate but it can all be traced back to numerous head concussions over the course of his career can't it? It's not the perfect excuse but he simply wasn't well, in which case it's sad that they're not acknowledging his amazing career and raising awareness for what such head injuries can do to a man.

jaykhunter wrote: »

John Cena's attempts at wrestling do pretty well. ;)

HIYOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

:pac:

Is that really Devons wife who is in the crowd at the impact tapings?

If so not bad Devon.

definitely not, it's an actress. but she's young enough to be her daughter. that said, i don't think they've actually stated if it's his wife or daughter. that's his real sons though!

If it's not, they somehow managed to remain consistant as it's the same girl from the last time she was shown.

definitely not, it's an actress. but she's young enough to be her daughter. that said, i don't think they've actually stated if it's his wife or daughter. that's his real sons though!

Tenay and Taz have said Devon's wife and kids. If thats not his wife they havent shown her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭jmolloy

r-truth's run with cena seemed to be on the comedy end with me

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Horsebox9000

Just talking a walk down nostalgia avenue 101 here.

Whatever happened to Mideon and what was the story with nim being naked all the time.

Does Droz still work for WWE at all?(I know he is paralysed)

Did the Ultimate Warrior ever explain why he wore that baseball cap to the ring one night.

What ever happened to the European title?

Is it true AJ styles had a short run with WWE many moons ago?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,811 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Just talking a walk down nostalgia avenue 101 here.

Whatever happened to Mideon and what was the story with nim being naked all the time.

Not sure it was ever explained why he was naked. Either way, he wasn't around long after.

Does Droz still work for WWE at all?(I know he is paralysed)

Yeah, writes articles for either the magazine or website.

Did the Ultimate Warrior ever explain why he wore that baseball cap to the ring one night.

I know nothing about this

What ever happened to the European title?

RVD beat Jeff Hardy in a title unification match, with the European title being merged with the Intercontinental title. Now it's just the Intercontinental title

Is it true AJ styles had a short run with WWE many moons ago?

I think he appeared on one of the B-shows (either Heat or Velocity or something) for a few matches, but nothing major.

Thanks!

Welcome

Man your good! Cheers!

To add to Barrington's post Droz and WWE has gone through a cycle of WWE letting him go and Droz suing WWE.

Warrior wore the baseball cap to protect himself from being hit with the glass frame.

rovert wrote: »
    To add to Barrington's post Droz and WWE has gone through a cycle of WWE letting him go and Droz suing WWE.

Warrior wore the baseball cap to protect himself from being hit with the glass frame.

They actually let him go before! That's disgusting. Wasn't he all pally with HHH too no?

Again, I could be off here, but I am trying to dig out old memories from the brain.

Might as well pop a few more questions while I am here.

How did the JOB squad come to form and what led to its demise.

Is it true HHH was really pissed off when he lost to the Brooklyn Brawler(Think it was Smackdown 2001 or something)

Was there any specific reasons that led to the release of Taka and Funaki? Taka was one of my favourites as a kid

Was it true that Essa Rios(could be spelling it wrong) was a junkie and was he in a real life relationship with Lita or was that for TV only?

And last one for the moment. What on earth was the story with Shawn Stasiak, the meat character and was he really taping conversations with Vinny mac?

I think Funaki got sacked to send a message to Hbk who wwe were a small bit annoyed with at the time. He & Funaki were good friends,long time I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭barura

Is there any way of getting a hold of the wrestling shows that were shown on irish tv from local promotions? It would be interesting to watch.

barura wrote: »
    Is there any way of getting a hold of the wrestling shows that were shown on irish tv from local promotions? It would be interesting to watch.

I think WWE burnt them as they dont anyone to see how bad Sheamus was.

#controversial

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

What does DDT mean??

Advertisement