Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q&A thread - Your Questions Answered! **no chat**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Cianan2 wrote: »
    What does DDT mean??

The move was named by Jake "The Snake" Roberts. Rumors abound as to what the letters DDT supposedly stood for, including Drop Dead Twice and Damien's Dinner Time after Jake's pet python Damien. When asked what DDT meant, Jake once famously replied "The End." The abbreviation itself originally came from the chemical dichloro-diphenyl-trichloroethane, a notorious pesticide, as stated during shoot interviews and on his "Pick Your Poison" DVD.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

barura wrote: »
    Is there any way of getting a hold of the wrestling shows that were shown on irish tv from local promotions? It would be interesting to watch.

I reckon the company website would be your best shot. I doubt many others have copies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭Dr. Jonathan Crane

I recently got the Undisputed Version 2 on real leather and it's made me want another on real leather, specifically the WWE title (spinner).

The only place I found to buy one of these belts on real leather is from AJS belts, in their "pro grade" section. Does anyone know how much customs would be on one? The belt itself would cost around 370 euro.

Alternatively I might just pick up an adult replica from wrestlingworld.co.uk, or if anyone happens to be selling a replica of the belt PM me, I have the cash waiting or could swap the Undisputed, but for now I just wanted some advice on customs if anyone's bought from AJs.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Propane Nightmare

Where is the Coach these days? Is he still with WWE? I used to really like his heel role back around 2004/5.

He's not still with WWE. He left to do an American Football show on ESPN, dont know if he is still doing it or not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Where is the Coach these days? Is he still with WWE? I used to really like his heel role back around 2004/5.

left wwe a few years ago, now works with espn, interviewed vince on that network during the issue with the nuggets not allowing wwe to host raw in their arena

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

They actually let him go before! That's disgusting. Wasn't he all pally with HHH too no?

How did the JOB squad come to form and what led to its demise.

Al Snow started the group as a backstage joke. He was talking to Jim Cornette and said that everyone else was in a gang, so he needed his own one. The idea for the group was that if you wanted to be the best you needed to beat them to start your journey. It was mostly on Sunday Night Heat were you could get away with alot more since it wasn't Raw.

They split up when Al Snow went nuts and tried to have a match with himself. By this point though only himself and Bob Holly were in the group.

Is it true HHH was really pissed off when he lost to the Brooklyn Brawler(Think it was Smackdown 2001 or something)

Everyone backstage loved Brawler. He works as an agent backstage and is very well respected. HHH didn't have a problem because it advanced the story line with Jericho and it wasn't 1-on-1 or a clean win.

Was there any specific reasons that led to the release of Taka and Funaki? Taka was one of my favourites as a kid

TAKA left to look after a shoulder injury. When he got healed up he set up his own promotion (K-Dojo) and wrestled for plenty of groups in Japan.

Funaki, as others said, was only in the company because of his friendship with HBK. Once he was gone then he writing was on the wall really.

Was it true that Essa Rios(could be spelling it wrong) was a junkie and was he in a real life relationship with Lita or was that for TV only?

I dunno about the junkie thing but it's the first I have heard of it and would be suprised, but no Lita and Rios never dated.

And last one for the moment. What on earth was the story with Shawn Stasiak, the meat character and was he really taping conversations with Vinny mac?

He was fired for taping an argument between Steve Blackman and The British Bulldog.

The Meat angle didn't last long (Thank God)and tbh I dunno why they booked him like that and as an idiot in the Alliance considering who his dad was. No wonder he retired early.

Boom

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Horsebox9000

You rule!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

How come Ed Leslie never came to TNA when Hogan/Bischoff debuted?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

when Lesnar and Show broke the ring, was that legit? or a specially designed ring?

• Advertisement

It was rigged. Something like that doesnt happen by accident. If it was legit they would have went through the ring instead of blowing out the ringposts thats are bolted down. It was definitly spectacular either way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Probably the best single spot I have ever seen. The crowd just go absolutely apepoopy.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,012 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I don't think the ref or commentators were told to make the reaction better.

Tazz says holy ****!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I don't think the ref or commentators were told to make the reaction better.

Tazz says holy ****!

The ref's reactions was priceless, I LMAO everytime I see his reaction!!

Oh what the hell, its friday, enjoy all,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzM8ImLitxk

Is there any footage of the Droz incident?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Is there any footage of the Droz incident?

Never released or leaked.

Raw magazine printed some blurry photos back in the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭TheBantam

How tall's Randy Orton? Didn't think he was that big but just seen his backstage interview on Smackdown and he looks like a giant!

He's billed as 6'4'' so I reckon he's around 6'2''. Everyone in the main event get a few inches added to make them seem bigger.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    He's billed as 6'4'' so I reckon he's around 6'2''. Everyone in the main event get a few inches added to make them seem bigger.

Cheers. Guess the interviewer was tiny then. He only came up to Orton's shoulder!

Who was the interviewer?

• Advertisement

Might have been Striker? or someone that looks like him!

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭themick

what is paul burchill up to these days,you dont even hear about him doin the indies..anyone know if he injured,retired,persuing other interests.....always taught he could be a top talant if used right

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

TheBantam wrote: »
    Cheers. Guess the interviewer was tiny then. He only came up to Orton's shoulder!

Strikes me WWE seem to like getting interviewers who are smaller and scrawny so as to make people look bigger. Orton's not that tall though. When he jumped the barricade in Dublin to abuse me, he was only a little taller than me...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

themick wrote: »
    what is paul burchill up to these days,you dont even hear about him doin the indies..anyone know if he injured,retired,persuing other interests.....always taught he could be a top talant if used right

He settled in Louisville, Kentucky (home of OVW) and works as a firefighter.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

Strikes me WWE seem to like getting interviewers who are smaller and scrawny so as to make people look bigger. Orton's not that tall though. When he jumped the barricade in Dublin to abuse me, he was only a little taller than me...
    Why did he do that? Was he just in character or did you legitimately annoy him?

Degag wrote: »
    Why did he do that? Was he just in character or did you legitimately annoy him?

I was chanting for him when he was a heel <_<

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

I was chanting for him when he was a heel <_<

Oh you smark, you!

rovert wrote: »
    He settled in Louisville, Kentucky (home of OVW) and works as a firefighter.

Shame, he was a fantastic wrestler. Would have loved to see more of him. At least he got a decent job and didn't turn to drugs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭chasenlife

Anyone got any spoilers for Summerslam?

• Advertisement

chasenlife wrote: »
    Anyone got any spoilers for Summerslam?

Punk vs Cena will end in a double count out. HHH will say the title is vacated. Del Rio will come out and cash in, claiming the vacant title.
    Daniel Bryan will come out and say no one should be handed the title. He'll cash in on Del Rio but lose, as Cole laughs.
    Then Masters will come out and Masterlock Del Rio. He will pick up the title and leave the arena.
    Ron Simmons will then walk out and close the show by announcing he is the Raw GM.

Advertisement