Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q&A thread - Your Questions Answered! **no chat**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

I cant see it:

W01942X.jpg
    68129X.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

It is a baseball logo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Has anyone bought a shirt on WWEShop.com?
    My CM Punk Best in the World shirt just shipped about 3 weeks after ordering it, and I'm wondering when I'll get it.

Mine hasn't even shipped yet! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Is the Miz's white "awesome" t-shirt deliberately styled to look like Roddy Piper's "Hot Rod" t-shirt?
    CMpunked wrote: »
    I cant see it:

68129X.jpg
    rovert wrote: »
    It is a baseball logo

Yeah it's copied from a Yankees logo font

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTI0vtTJQ4exfZZKwIXx4GVLRoi0dNA-fn1HoH4JM1v2c-OT9OvaQ

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Is that not the bake and destroy lady?

I was going to say that. I've seen him retweeting her stuff all the time but I suppose it would make sense if she was his sister...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Wow, a copied font. And how about the design? Isn't that also copied?

http://www.dafont.com/ballpark-weiner.font

or

picture1vr0.png

a lot of baseball jerseys/shirts use that style of font. It's fair use for everyone! that said, making a great one is more graphic designed than just put in a font and writing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭themick

regarding cmpunk shirts...i got email saying mine is been shipped so they must of got their stock in!!

You know the way Hunico is playing Sin Cara? Is there any other instances in wrestling where a character was played by someone else?

Doink is the obvious one :
    Portrayers Matt Osborne (the son of Tough Tony Borne) Steve Keirn (WM9) Steve Lombardi, Dusty Wolfe, and John Maloof, Ray Apollo. Also Nick Dinsmore (2003), Dwaine Henderson.

Characters portraying Doink as disguise : Jeff Jarrett, Men on a Mission/Bushwhackers (all dressed up as Doink). Chris Jericho (before WMX7, ambushed Regal). Also Goldust.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Actually wrestled or just portrayed??

I know from Portrayed

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

jaykhunter wrote: »
    You know the way Hunico is playing Sin Cara? Is there any other instances in wrestling where a character was played by someone else?

Suicide was played by a number of people in TNA.

• Advertisement

I meant actually donned the character for realsies; so that would include Suicide, but exclude (eg) Undertaker dressing up as Kane and vice-versa in 97, lol.

:)

Was it just Daniels and Kaz as suicide?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

The biggest one I cant think of is when Hall and Nash were replaced with a new Razor and Diesel when they went to WCW. Suicide in TNA has also been played by at least three people.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Was it just Daniels and Kaz as suicide?

I'm pretty sure Okada and Kiyoshi were both under the mask at some point as well.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Ricky Steamboat and Shane Douglas were WCW/NWA tag champs. Douglas got injured. So at a taping Steamboat and Douglas became the masked luchadors Los Hombres with Brad Armstrong playing Douglas under a mask.

doshombres_original_original_display_image.jpg?1312676116

There is a million examples in Mexico and the terroritories days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,037 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Doink the Clown is one of the best examples.

Several people were put in that role over the years.

As a side-kick to Jay Hunters question, can you think of any more cheap imitations, whether they be cringe worthy, hilarious, or awesome?! I'll get the ball rolling with the obvious ones;

gillberg.jpg

1723333:jpeg_preview_medium.jpg?20100721120058

imagesCAE3IATA_display_image.jpg?1296630230

2v869g4_display_image_display_image.jpg?1296630547

12895.jpg

mr-anderson-as-sting.jpg

0.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQFFRjqE070KtljHwI0TBkfQj72oavGgI3Zp0ZVRg97hTOVcyOd

2yo5zco.jpg

tumblr_kt6qk4jw4D1qa1wcao1_500.jpg

renegade3.jpg

Blue-World-Order.jpg

16986.jpg

11608.jpg

2cgdh68.jpg

Sting wasn't an Ultimate Warrior rip-off.

Sting and the Warrior started as a tag team together and both had the same face paint design.

Sting wasn't an Ultimate Warrior rip-off.

Sting and the Warrior started as a tag team together and both had the same face paint design.

Not sure which Sting/Warrior pic you're referring to, but one of them is Mr Anderson dressed as 90's Sting, and the other is a guy WCW hired in the mid 90's to portray the Ultimate Warrior gimmick but renamed him 'The Renegade'.

I think it must be Anderson then.

Damn he makes a convincing Sting!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

How does TNA's schedule compare to WWE's? As in besides TV tapings, how many house shows do each company do a week?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

How does TNA's schedule compare to WWE's? As in besides TV tapings, how many house shows do each company do a week?
    TNA dont do them every week but its usually two or three. Friday and Saturday night, sometimes Thursday night too.

WWE do a show nearly every night between the two brands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,297 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is the brand extension now over in WWE?

On TV, yes, but it looks like they'll keep it alive in name so they can keep running two house show sets...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is the brand extension now over in WWE?

Are there still 2 world champions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

gimmick wrote: »
    Are there still 2 world champions?

Yep

For now, at least. Again, two champs means two big main events and draws at house shows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

For now, at least. Again, two champs means two big main events and draws at house shows.

Smackdown are doing bad on the house shows recently thats why they are putting the Smackdown guys on Raw. Wonder why wwe don't just improve the smackdown roster with some Raw talent eg Miz,McIntyre & Swagger.

GTR63 wrote: »
    Smackdown are doing bad on the house shows recently thats why they are putting the Smackdown guys on Raw. Wonder why wwe don't just improve the smackdown roster with some Raw talent eg Miz,McIntyre & Swagger.

Cause WWE will never admit there's a genuine problem with its booking philosophy in terms of why people don't take Smackdown seriously.

WWE present Smackdown as the "B" show and then are shocked when people don't care about it as much as they do Raw. :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

So the brand extension is still in full effect then. Thats that question answered.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 jippo86

just wondering is there any cork events coming up... the last one i was at was the one when bret hart came over..... one of the best nights of my life... so if someone has info could ye plz post back nice one.....

Advertisement