Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q&A thread - Your Questions Answered! **no chat**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

hi jippo, welcome to pw boards! as far as i know there's nothing upcoming in cork (beside's Foley's comedy tour you already posted about!) but closest things are AWR or keep a weather eye in the Irish Promotions thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Has Teddy Long always being using Rodney Mack's theme song as his own, or did he have a different one at one stage?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Has Teddy Long always being using Rodney Mack's theme song as his own, or did he have a different one at one stage?

Always had it, as far as I know.
    IIRC, Long was Mack's manager at one stage, wasn't he? And thats how the music transfered, in that when Mack disappeared, Long just kept on using it?

I always laugh when it starts off with "You dealin' with the Mack Militant!"

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

He used to be a referee then started as a manager and used whoever he was managing as his theme music. D'lo Brown, Mark Henry, whoever it was thats what he used. When Teddy was drafted to Smackdown (At the time managing Mack and Jazz) he brought it with him. Mack was hardly seen after that so I have no clue if he still used it also or if he got new music before getting canned.

It's weird, the theme used to be the WrestleMania 2000 theme, then they put some new lyrics over the song

someone's mashed both songs up, so you can hear how in sync they are!

i'm sure this isn't the only case of this happening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Anyone know what the relationship is like between Vince McMahon and Ken Shamrock? Are they on friendly terms? I was watching some of Shamrock's stuff earlier and was wondering if they ever approached him to come back for one of those reunion shows. I'd love to hear that theme hit at the Royal Rumble.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

is there anywhere I can buy say, all the WWF TV wrestling from 99-03, every Raw, every Smackdown sort of thing?

They might have it on their On Demand website but I doubt you'd be able to buy it anywhere else. You can get it, but not by paying for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

You mean...

Wave-Runner-Arrrr--41579.jpg

Hey guys, wanting to see how CHIKARA are getting on. What's their best show from 2010-11?

http://prowrestling.wikia.com/wiki/CHIKARA/Event_history
    155 A Touch of Class 1/31/10
    156 The Mint Condition 2/27/10
    157 A World of Comforting Illusions 2/28/10
    158 Wit, Verve and a Bit O'Nerve 3/20/10
    159 Testimony of Evil 3/21/10
    160 King of Trios 2010 - Day 1 4/23/10
    161 King of Trios 2010 - Day 2 4/24/10
    162 King of Trios 2010 - Day 3 4/25/10
    163 Aniversario Ten 5/22/10
    164 Aniversario Elf 5/23/10
    165 We Must Eat Michigan's Brain 6/26/10
    166 Faded Scars And Lines 6/27/10
    167 Chikarasaurus Rex: King of Show 7/25/10
    168 Young Lions Cup VIII - Day 1 8/27/10
    169 Young Lions Cup VIII - Day 2 8/28/10
    170 Young Lions Cup VIII - Day 3 8/29/10
    171 Eye To Eye 9/18/10
    172 Savage Progress Cuts Through The Jungle Line 9/19/10
    173 The Dark Ciberknetico 10/23/10
    174 Terror In The Neighborhood 10/24/10

2011 (Season Ten)
    Show # Event Date
    277 Chaos In The Sea Of Lost Souls

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Get all three shows of King of Trios.

I was watching TNAs 50 greatest moments the other night and one of the moments is where they try and invade a WWE event.

2 WWE wrestlers are shown on camera with their faces blurred. I think one is Rey Mysterio but who's the other one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

I was watching TNAs 50 greatest moments the other night and one of the moments is where they try and invade a WWE event.

2 WWE wrestlers are shown on camera with their faces blurred. I think one is Rey Mysterio but who's the other one?

Think it was Eddie Guerrero but I haven't seen that vid in a long time. I'm open to correction

90% sure it was Eddie

I'm pretty sure it was Eddie also.

Abyss bringing the balloons was hilarious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

The WWE guys were dressed as idiots doing a royal rumble commercial that day too if i'm not mistaken.

GTR63 wrote: »
    The WWE guys were dressed as idiots doing a royal rumble commercial that day too if i'm not mistaken.

Cast of West Side Story:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Are Alberto Del Rio & Ricardo Rodriguez (aka Alberto & Jesús Rodriguez) related?

• Registered Users Posts: 86,734 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is Dustin Rhodes (Goldust) still with WWE?

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is Dustin Rhodes (Goldust) still with WWE?

He hurt his shoulder/collar bone had surgery but has recently had another set back. A full time return maybe doubtful.

He agents the Divas hence all the recent dancing and spanking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭smilerf

Sometimes when watching a match you will see wrestlers tap each other several times on the chest or back just before they perform an irish whip.
    Is there a reason for this?

I think it's mainly meant to be a "I'm struggling to get out" spot, but I guess it could also be a "I'm ready to go" signal to their opponent as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭smilerf

ah i see

I've never taken an Irish whip into a turnbuckle before but I'm guessing it's not a nice thing to have happen to you. The tap on the back/chest thing I've always taken as a lets do this type move.

When Jake Roberts DDTed Ricky Steamboat on the concrete floor and Steamboats head bounced off the floor who was at fault?

I don't know the in and outs of "bumps" but should Roberts have done something differently or should Steamboat have done something differently?

It's hard to tell by the vid; but i could put forth both being at fault.
    1- Ricky's taking the move so he should make sure his face doesn't actually plant into the ground, via his landing/using his hands/forearms

2- but, maybe Jake's guillotine was tighter/differently angled and steamer couldn't stop the momentum and so Steamer's head hit the floor.

it could go either way but right now i'm leaning towards it's Steamboat's fault for not protecting his head while taking the bump. just a silly mistake and unfortunate accident.

When Jake Roberts DDTed Ricky Steamboat on the concrete floor and Steamboats head bounced off the floor who was at fault?

I don't know the in and outs of "bumps" but should Roberts have done something differently or should Steamboat have done something differently?

In 1986/7 at least they didnt teach that in wrestling school. I dont think either blamed another. The mentality probably was that it would be good for business and their feud at this amazing time for them & WWF. Occupational hazard I guess.

So I got an email this morning asking me to confirm I recieved my t-shirts from WWEshop.com. They shipped on 13th October but the thing is I've not got them yet :S I knew there'd be a wait on them but this email has got me worried now.

How long did it take other people's before when they ordered shirts? Worried mine have gone walkabout now....

So I got an email this morning asking me to confirm I recieved my t-shirts from WWEshop.com. They shipped on 13th October but the thing is I've not got them yet :S I knew there'd be a wait on them but this email has got me worried now.

How long did it take other people's before when they ordered shirts? Worried mine have gone walkabout now....

2 T-shirts I ordered were dispatched on the 17th of October and they arrived on Wednesday Nov 2nd (2 days ago). Unfortunately both were too small :(

If you click on the dispatch email there's a tracking number at the end of the email. Click on it on it will tell you were it is. Even though the shirts were dispatched from the States mine were in Germany for around a week :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

I got that email before after i ordered my punk shirt.
    This was back when there was a big backlog and i was after enquiring.
    They sent me the email relatively soon before i got it, too. My initial reaction was that they send out the emails randomly so they can keep ontop of knowing average delivery times.

I ordered the Rise above hate shirt a little while back and it said it shipped on the 1st so if i get another one/get my shirt before yours ill let you know.

Advertisement