Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q&A thread - Your Questions Answered! **no chat**

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Just to follow up, my shirts arrived this morning. Three shirts and a headband and the customs was only 20€. :D Adore my Punk one and I got a cert thingy saying there was only 2000 of the Nexus shirt made and I got number 1,090

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

How much did WCW make in it's best year and lose in it's worst pre-1996 year?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,012 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

They may have made a small profit in 1995, but before that they lost money every year. The only reason they stayed in business is because Ted Turner had a soft spot for wrestling.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

How much did WCW make in it's best year and lose in it's worst pre-1996 year?

$50 million in 1997.

They lost $6 million per month 1999-2000.
    They may have made a small profit in 1995, but before that they lost money every year.

Bill Watts slashed wages and cut contracts like a mother the short time he was WCW V.P. . Along with penny pinching with stuff like getting rid of catering.

Bischoff cut costs even further by axing the number of house shows WCW did. Famously renting out the soundstage at Disney for a week or so & recording three or four months of TV. Saving the company from putting on money losing live events.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

rovert wrote: »
    $50 million in 1997.

They lost $6 million per month 1999-2000.

That'll do very nicely. Thanks.

• Advertisement

As a metric you can see how fast business dropped after the Spring of 1999 here:

http://www.genickbruch.com/statistiken/buyrates.html

Hogan & Flair main evented Uncensored 99 & 00 the later year saw the buyrate drop to a 1/7th of what it was a year prior.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Did ECW ever turn a profit with Heyman at the helm, or were they always a loss making entity?

Did ECW ever turn a profit with Heyman at the helm, or were they always a loss making entity?

Never ever.

Even before Heyman.

They used big names and often flew in wrestlers from the west coast.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,734 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Has JoMo signed a new contract with WWE?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Has JoMo signed a new contract with WWE?

Nope. I'd be shocked if WWE renewed his contract, considering his sharp decline and jobber status post Mania. WWE are missing the boat, but I imagine it's all backstage drama/crazy gf costing him his job.

• Advertisement

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Nope. I'd be shocked if WWE renewed his contract, considering his sharp decline and jobber status post Mania. WWE are missing the boat, but I imagine it's all backstage drama/crazy gf costing him his job.

Is he still with Melina?

Yep, last I heard. if she's not sneaking off to Batista's house!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

John Morrison is no longer being advertised for WWE’s upcoming tour of Japan, which takes place November 30 and December 1, 2011 in Yokohama. Kevin Nash is now advertised for the two-date international tour.
    WWELiveTour.com is not advertising Morrison for any events after the November 28, 2011 Raw SuperShow in Columbia, South Carolina. He was advertised for a Raw live event taking place on January 6, 2012 in Jackson, Mississippi, but pulled last week.
    Source

• Registered Users Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Why is John Morrision "Gonna Eat your lunch" not a big wrestling fan but I watch Long Island Ice Z and the occasional raw .Is it something that I just don't get or is it just a strange catchphrase?

Why is John Morrision "Gonna Eat your lunch" not a big wrestling fan but I watch Long Island Ice Z and the occasional raw .Is it something that I just don't get or is it just a strange catchphrase?

Jaysus, lads help this girl out.

It is a reference to an infamous Barbarian promo in the 80s. English isnt his first language.

Well I certainly didn't know that and have been wondering too! :o I thought it was a take on something a bully would say. I've heard wrestling podcasters who didn't know either. Can you paraphrase/quote what barbarian said?

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Well I certainly didn't know that and have been wondering too! :o I thought it was a take on something a bully would say.

It is, he meant to say was "WE ARE GOING TO EAT YOU FOR BREAKFAST!"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Batista's new T-shirt-

KhCNW.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

what is the story with the batista t shirt?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Giggsy_

What ever happened Drew McIntyre ... he was feuding with edge in February but now he's nowhere to be seen on raw or smackdown ... what gives ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Giggsy_ wrote: »
    What ever happened Drew McIntyre ... he was feuding with edge in February but now he's nowhere to be seen on raw or smackdown ... what gives ?

He's fallen right down the ladder. Technically, he's still on the Raw brand but he's mainly on Superstars now, feuding with A-Ry
    montyrebel wrote: »
    what is the story with the batista t shirt?

It's a photoshop of JoMo's shirt referring to when Batista + Melina were....um.... "together" behind JoMo's back

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Giggsy_

He's fallen right down the ladder. Technically, he's still on the Raw brand but he's mainly on Superstars now, feuding with A-Ry
    Did he piss of the wrong people or something, just wondering seeing as when he came he was the chosen and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

Drew McIntyre was at the recent show in Dublin fghting with Santino, and holy crap the man has doubled in size since I last saw him live. That could possibly be part of the reason as they have so many big people they are pushing at the moment, like Mark Henry, Big Show, and Mason Ryan etc

Giggsy_ wrote: »
    Did he piss of the wrong people or something, just wondering seeing as when he came he was the chosen and all.

Him and his now ex-wife had a silly, high profile domestic incident the weekend of Linda's election vote.

rovert wrote: »
    Him and his now ex-wife had a silly, high profile domestic incident the weekend of Linda's election vote.

Worse, McIntyre got beat up by his ex-wife, Tiffany.
    Given he's working in a company which is led by a guy who thought Morrison was at fault for not attacking Batista when Batista slept with his girlfriend, I can't imagine WWE is somewhere a man can get away with being beaten up by a woman half his size...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Someone told me a few weeks ago that they heard on a reeeeally old indy shoot interview that CM Punk revealed that the CM stood for Chicago Made?

Is that true?

CMpunked wrote: »
    Someone told me a few weeks ago that they heard on a reeeeally old indy shoot interview that CM Punk revealed that the CM stood for Chicago Made?

Is that true?

The impression I got along the way is that it was Chick Magnet which he apparently wrestled under early in his career. Relatively quickly he got embarrassed by how dumb it was and has been covering that up ever since.

I've heard about 10 things CM stands for. I thought it was a running joke after a while that he'd continually give different answers...

CMpunked wrote: »

Is that true?

Cookie Monster (from his childhood or something) was another I heard it meant not sure whats true

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Nearly every answer he gives is different.

Advertisement