Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q&A thread - Your Questions Answered! **no chat**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

It was merged when RVD beat Jeff for it and combined it with his IC title.
    Think it was in late '01.

*edit* wiki just told me that it was in july of 2002. :)

gimmick wrote: »
    Because it was never worth anything. It was below the IC title. Then the merger happened and the US title was brought in as well as new tag champs and a world champ. So it really just had to go. I think it was "merged" into the IC Title which was briefly merged with the WHC.

Even when it was around nobody cared about it anyway.

IIRC did Mideon find the European title in Shane Mcmahon's gear bag and Shane gave it to him?

Nearly sure it was Mideon.

Shows how important the title was :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Has Hulk Hogan's TNA contract expired?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Charisteas wrote: »
    Has Hulk Hogan's TNA contract expired?
    Nope, the bastard secured a new deal before Bound For Glory this year. I believe it's a new, 2 year deal. It doesn't explain why he's been off TV recently though; maybe time to sort out his divorce.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Nope, the bastard secured a new deal before Bound For Glory this year. I believe it's a new, 2 year deal. It doesn't explain why he's been off TV recently though; maybe time to sort out his divorce.

Hogan was drastically overexposed over the last two years. They're just giving him some time to cool off his character so he can come back a few months down the line and they can make a big deal of it (absence makes the heart grow fonder after all). Hogan's best used as a special attraction these days anyway.

• Advertisement

Maybe he can give his magic ring to someone else or get that one last world title run. I don't think he can add anything to TNA's ratings or creatively in his current state. His character badly needs a refresh, and not a just a rehash of his 15 or his 25 year old character and catchphrases, dude, man, brother. :(

Maybe he can give his magic ring to someone else or get that one last world title run.

Well we can probably look forward to him and Garett Bischoff vs. Gunner and Flair or something like that in the not so distant future.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

What kind of buyrates do TNA get for their PPVs?

What kind of buyrates do TNA get for their PPVs?

Somewhere between 8,000 and 25,000 depending on the show. Most are down towards the 8,000 range with Lockdown and BFG tending to do higher (these are all estimates though as TNA don't release their PPV numbers).

• Registered Users Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Not wrestling related exactly but does anyone know if there is a certain amount I can order up to on the WWE shop site before having to pay Vat and customs duty?

• Advertisement

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Not wrestling related exactly but does anyone know if there is a certain amount I can order up to on the WWE shop site before having to pay Vat and customs duty?

I think its €22.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

I think its €22.

That's all. :eek:

There is SO much misinformation and old wive's tales about customs. Bare in mind I bought most of my stuff during the celtic tiger. But I thought if you bought one of everything you were more or less grand. As customs would think/say that this person is a private individual and not a reseller.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

I think its €22.

I thought it was about 150.

I got around 100 worth of stuff the other day and was expecting a charge but never got one. Was just wondering if I would be safe sticking to this amount with future orders.

Thanks for the responses.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

All info here
    Up to €22 before you have to pay VAT and up to €150 before customs duty

What if you got a package from Amazon.co.uk that was worth over €150 but didn't pay anything when u got it?
    If your online purchase costs more than €150 you will have to pay VAT and Customs Duty. This will be collected by the company that delivers your parcel. The company usually have an administration charge. Methods of delivery and collection differ from company to company, so you should contact them directly for more information.

Or was it included when purchasing? ...Or am I gonna get something real crappy in the mail?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Coming from within the EU I think its included

What if you got a package from Amazon.co.uk that was worth over €150 but didn't pay anything when u got it?

Amazon uk is fine. Wouldnt worry about it in the slightest.
    I was looking for my package that i got my cena shirt in and as far as i can remember, there was no actual value on it.
    It did have on the back "Sports memorabilia". But no cost printed.
    I'll keep looking just to be sure, but if there is no printed evidence of how much you paid you cant be done by customs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

CMpunked wrote: »
    I'll keep looking just to be sure, but if there is no printed evidence of how much you paid you cant be done by customs.

Of course you can. I was buying something small last year, customs held it and sent me a letter saying that I had to email them a copy of the receipt for the item so that they'd know how much it was worth. They wouldn't release the item until I emailed them.

It was only worth €12 or something so I didn't have to pay anything.

Of course you can. I was buying something small last year, customs held it and sent me a letter saying that I had to email them a copy of the receipt for the item so that they'd know how much it was worth. They wouldn't release the item until I emailed them.

It was only worth €12 or something so I didn't have to pay anything.

Oh thats just mean!
    Im sure the customs lads just done a scan of my shirt and seen it didnt seem to be worth more than 22 euro so there wasnt much point going after it.

Out of interest, what was the thing you bought?
    Like, was there a chance it looked expensive?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Yeah you're probably right, they knew it was just a t-shirt so thought it probably wasn't worth much.

I'm not sure if it looked expensive to them or not, but it was a cheap looking intervalometer for a camera.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Has there been any word on whats happening with the WWE Network this side of the atlantic? I know there's talks about putting all but the big four PPVs on it state-side, and I'm wondering what way that will affect Sky's showing of them...

Has there been any word on whats happening with the WWE Network this side of the atlantic? I know there's talks about putting all but the big four PPVs on it state-side, and I'm wondering what way that will affect Sky's showing of them...

It is an North American project to deal with North American issues for the moment. The issues being domestic PPV buyrates at near crisis levels and TV networks not exactly chomping at the bit to pay WWE decent money for programming.

I cant see it affecting us at all, TBH.
    Put it this way, sky sports practically IS the uk wwe network. Where as in america there are many routes to have to go down with ppvs and then different weekly shows. I would say if wwe do any worthwhile weekly shows, like that Legends house (:P) sky sports could end up showing them before/after raw or smackdown.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

It will be interesting though to see if any other WWE Network shows get picked up, I mean they have a lot of all new programing and while a lot of it may suck im pretty sure id have a look at some things.

Arent they supposed to be having a big brother like show but full of WWE legends? I mean who wouldnt want to see The Iron Shiek put in a big brother scenario? I know I would especially if he was put in with other suck notable characters.

It will be interesting though to see if any other WWE Network shows get picked up, I mean they have a lot of all new programing and while a lot of it may suck im pretty sure id have a look at some things.

Arent they supposed to be having a big brother like show but full of WWE legends? I mean who wouldnt want to see The Iron Shiek put in a big brother scenario? I know I would especially if he was put in with other suck notable characters.

Freudian slip? :p

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

rovert wrote: »
    Freudian slip? :p

ha, whoops

I meant such obviously but ill admit it would be car crash viewing no doubt and I wouldnt expect the likes of shieky in it but like the real WWE the potential for carnage on such a show would prob get me to atleast tune in and give it a chance

If PPVs start getting shown on the WWE network in north America could there be a chance that PPVS could be shown again on sky sports 1-4 over here instead of sky box office?

If PPVs start getting shown on the WWE network in north America could there be a chance that PPVS could be shown again on sky sports 1-4 over here instead of sky box office?

I seriously doubt it. At this stage WWE realise that Pay Per View isnt something that is ingrained in our culture the way it is in the US. Also SKY recently dropped boxing as a PPV product due lack of interest.

As natural as these questions are lads seriously these a VERY advanced for a project that has no current Head of WWE Network currently and as of a week or two ago hasnt hired any of the 200 staff needed to run it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Anyone on boards ever buy the Vince loves C**k t-shirt or seen anybody wearing it in public.

• Advertisement

GTR63 wrote: »
    Anyone on boards ever buy the Vince loves C**k t-shirt or seen anybody wearing it in public.

or

apa.JPG

But STILL Miz's Chick Magnet T-Shirt is the lowest selling of ALL TIME apparently.

Advertisement