Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q&A thread - Your Questions Answered! **no chat**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Or

assrikishi_display_image.jpg?1320721505

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Charisteas wrote: »
    Or

assrikishi_display_image.jpg?1320721505

I got something along the lines of that for Christmas when I was a teenager,it said ''Rikishi Phatu-and your mama too''on it.Think I wore it once when I was painting the house one year!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Am I alone in thinking WWE might have contests to see who can come up with the worst design and then sell it? Some of the shirts do be abysmal considering the status of the company.

I got something along the lines of that for Christmas when I was a teenager,it said ''Rikishi Phatu-and your mama too''on it.Think I wore it once when I was painting the house one year!

What the hell does that even mean?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

What the hell does that even mean?!

I had no idea then,and I still have no idea now!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Am I alone in thinking WWE might have contests to see who can come up with the worst design and then sell it?

Definetly the Sin Cara one. Even if the APA & Vince loves C**k are bad neither have a erect prick on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

GTR63 wrote: »
    Anyone on boards ever buy the Vince loves C**k t-shirt or seen anybody wearing it in public.

Hopefully nobody named Vince,Vincent,Vinny etc bought it haha

Is it true WWE rescinded Chris Hero contract offer after he had high testosterone levels in his medical

Is it true WWE rescinded Chris Hero contract offer after he had high testosterone levels in his medical

Don't think so. The last I heard, Claudio was to debut and establish himself before bringing Hero in to team with him. Claudio is currently doing a great job establishing himself but doesn't have much of a storyline going on right now.

Don't think so. The last I heard, Claudio was to debut and establish himself before bringing Hero in to team with him. Claudio is currently doing a great job establishing himself but doesn't have much of a storyline going on right now.

I read about it here but its hardly been confirmed.
    http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/704/wwe-cfo-speaks-out-chris-hero-tweets-wwe-deal

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

70/30 no.

No legit news site has commented on it and apparently WrestlingWorldNews has backed down from the initial story. Throughout this period Hero has been playings games/dropping hints he might show at ROH Final Battle. I personally reached out to some of his friends online and they dont seem to want to talk. Chris is an exceptionally nice guy and trades tapes even still. So people including reporters arent eager to be THAT GUY and break rank. Last time I saw him was at a PWG show a few weeks ago and he looked flabbly compared to what he has been looking like for a while which may suggest he was off whatever he was on training to pass WWE's screening tests.

Very welcome news from the latest Observer:
    Regarding Chris Hero, this is an update from last week. No matter what may happen over the next few weeks regarding indie shows he may appear in the interim and what has been reported, Hero is still on the WWE’s radar. He has a medical testing issue that has to be cleared up. WWE has not passed on him and he’s going to have more tests done in January and if things go as expected, he will be signed. The last round of tests were in September.

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭glenjamin

Any idea when the Observer Newsletter Awards come out?

glenjamin wrote: »
    Any idea when the Observer Newsletter Awards come out?

This time next month

I read that WM 23 got the most PPV buys in WM history. Is that true? My least favourite mania of the last 10 years along with 27.

Just read on Wiki that Alberto Del Rio is inducting his father into the 2012 HoF, has this been confirmed on WWE TV?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Not yet. They usually dont start announcing offically who is going in till the night after the Royal Rumble...

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

his uncle getting inducted was announced..... here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEWtIKHcET8 I know it isn't his dad but seemed relevant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

Hi,

I don't think the Kane that returned and attacked John Cena is the same Kane that was previously layed-up by Mark Henry

Different walk, different eyes.

What do you think?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I think you are wrong

It is the same guy Glen Jacobs

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

It is Glen Jacobs, who has always played Kane.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

old_aussie wrote: »
    Hi,

I don't think the Kane that returned and attacked John Cena is the same Kane that was previously layed-up by Mark Henry

Different walk, different eyes.

What do you think?

Coloured contact lenses.

Might be a stupid question. Apologies if it is.

Ive been transferring all my wrestling videos to DVD over Christmas. Nothing fancy just hooking up my vhs player to my dvd player and recording.

But when i got to Over The Edge 98 it came up. "Unable to record - copyright protected"

I know DVDs are copyright protected but i didn't think videos could be.

Can videos be copyright protected? I hope not but its the only video so far that has said this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Wow, i've never heard of that on a VHS before. Only time i came across it was trying to record WM off of Skybox office via a sky player/dvd.

but yes, VHS tapes also have this : http://electronics.howstuffworks.com/question313.htm

btw, even if it's personal use, making a DVD of a VHS you bought is illegal. And yes, that is bullshít. I'd be worried that subsequent WWF VHS releases are also copy-protected...

If you desperately need a copy of the store-bought VHS on a DVD i'm sure there's plenty of harbours you can sail to. ha-har.

Thanks man for the reply.

Ive already done a few videos that were after OTE 98 so hopefully it was just a once off.

I was just shocked that a VHS could be copy protected.

Im not even desperate to have it on DVD but i just need to make some space in the house so I said I would transfer my wrestling videos.

Sorry to go off topic but I hate the way in the main event of OTE 98 on the offical VHS release they butcher the match with editing once Austin starts to bleed.

Should have kept my original taped off sky sports :P

Might be a stupid question. Apologies if it is.

This is a Pro-Wrestling Q and A thread, there are no stupid questions!

If a tape is unable to be copied, does it not have something to do with the little removable tab each VHS tape has at the base, in this example the tab hasn't yet been removed, in the top left hand corner -

vhs-tape.jpg

Anyway as Jay said, probably save a lot of time and effort in finding alternative ways to acquiring this media.

This is a Pro-Wrestling Q and A thread, there are no stupid questions!

If a tape is unable to be copied, does it not have something to do with the little removable tab each VHS tape has at the base, in this example the tab hasn't yet been removed, in the top left hand corner -

vhs-tape.jpg

Anyway as Jay said, probably save a lot of time and effort in finding alternative ways to acquiring this media.

Is that not only so it can't be recorded over? Once it's gone you can't record on it (without some Sellotape of course)?

Is that not only so it can't be recorded over? Once it's gone you can't record on it (without some Sellotape of course)?

Yeah that sounds right. But I think it also refrained from being able to copy from one VHS tape to another if you hooked up two VCR's together.

Sellotape that's an interesting idea, I always used a few drops of glue to fill the hole lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

Here is a question for you, I have looked for this info myself and came up empty.

Can anyone find out who and what matches they had when the WWE first came to the odyssey arena in belfast, think it was 2002.
    I remember Chris Benoit, Eddie guerrero, Big Show and yes even Rikishi was there, he did his wee dance with the Belfast Giants.

I am positive John Cena was there as well but not as he is now as some sort of ****ty vanilla ice white rapper, can anyone help?

Advertisement