Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q&A thread - Your Questions Answered! **no chat**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

In his second book Jericho showed a poster for WrestleMania 2000 with HHH, Rock, Big Show and himself on it was the plan at any time to have him wrestle a big match at it.
    Also i'm wondering why Big Show wore a Big Nasty Bastard t-shirt around then but only wore it for a short time, that shirt could of been popular imo

• Registered Users Posts: 33,811 ✭✭✭✭Penn

GTR63 wrote: »
    In his second book Jericho showed a poster for WrestleMania 2000 with HHH, Rock, Big Show and himself on it was the plan at any time to have him wrestle a big match at it.
    Also i'm wondering why Big Show wore a Big Nasty Bastard t-shirt around then but only wore it for a short time, that shirt could of been popular imo

They turned him face after Wrestlemania. Had him dressing up in outfits or copying other wrestlers (like at Backlash where he wrestled as Hulk Hogan). Then shortly after that he got injured I think

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

afaik "Big Nasty" Paul Wight was a moniker they tried and failed to get over (a reference/allusion to "big sexy" Kevin Nash) so they dropped it when they settled on the Big Show.

The Jericho poster's here but i wouldn't put too much stock in that, other than Jericho was their 4th biggest name to put on the poster (which is great for Jericho); i'd imagine Foley wasn't confirmed/was a surprise last-minute addition to the main event. Although Foley was banged up and needed to retire/take time off, he was on 'autopilot' working through the pain ("what's 1-2 more matches") and couldn't pass up such an opportunity!

That said, Jericho's first title win ("it never happened") was a clear testing of the waters of putting the belt on him, despite being in the dog house for much of 99-00.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Penn wrote: »
    They turned him face after Wrestlemania. Had him dressing up in outfits or copying other wrestlers (like at Backlash where he wrestled as Hulk Hogan). Then shortly after that he got injured I think

I think he could have been packed off to OVW shortly thereafter. His weight gain was becoming an issue at the time. He went from being world champion to developmental in 6 months, a bit of a dressing down alright.:p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

I think he could have been packed off to OVW shortly thereafter. His weight gain was becoming an issue at the time. He went from being world champion to developmental in 6 months, a bit of a dressing down alright.:p

JR would publish his weight weekly on his blog while Show was in OVW

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,811 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Yeah I always have a hard time remembering if he was legit injured or they just removed him to get him to slim down

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

They also punished him by not removing him as a playable character in the Smackdown 'Know Your Role' Playstation game that came out in 2000, but he would still be in the Royal Rumbles as a joke name, something like A. Jobber or A. Unknown.

Oh and whilst we are on the subject on botched Royal Rumbles, worth pointing out the end to the 2005 Royal Rumble which ended up causing Vince McMahon to end up in a wheelchair for 2 months.

^^ Couldn't happen to a nicer guy at a funnier moment. Hilarious seeing him sit on the ground like a toddler!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Oh to be a fly on the wall in the back that nite.
    With the wwe network coming later this year i'm wondering are wwe going to be paying talent shown on the channel image rights like they do for the Dvd's and Games.

• Advertisement

Do WWE performers have any vacation time written into their contracts? It seems a bit cruel to have people on the road 52 weeks of the year without been allowed a week of R&R now and then.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Do WWE performers have any vacation time written into their contracts? It seems a bit cruel to have people on the road 52 weeks of the year without been allowed a week of R&R now and then.

They got Xmas and New Years off but they're on the road the majority of the time

They don't have them written into contracts the way you or me have as they are independent contractors. They have 3 days off a week but that includes travel days so if you live on the other side of America a whole day could be lost travelling home or back to work. Outside of the odd international tour their schedule isnt THAT bad compared to 10-20 years ago.

Pwinsider wrote:
    – Next week’s Smackdown taping in Las Vegas is advertising the “infamous Roulette Wheel,”: which will be the RAW Roulette gimmick.

Always wondered about the roulette wheel, obviously all the stipulations are pre-determined, so how do they get the wheel to stop on the segment they want?

Charisteas wrote: »
    Always wondered about the roulette wheel, obviously all the stipulations are pre-determined, so how do they get the wheel to stop on the segment they want?

I'm certain that it's a programmable roulette wheel - like there'd be a dial on the back of it where you could set it to land on the place you want, and they just set it before they film the segment. It's either that or going shoot, or re-doing the same segment until you get it right :p

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Doesn't it usually zoom in on the wheel picker thing?
    There's probably just someone off camera stoping it.

Here's a question; what time is SD on tonight? I never watch it on Fridays without reading spoilers so gonna give it a shot tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

If it isnt programmable, I'd say they decide on three or four before the spin, if it's one of them then great, if not re-do it.

CMpunked wrote: »
    Doesn't it usually zoom in on the wheel picker thing?
    There's probably just someone off camera stoping it.

Here's a question; what time is SD on tonight? I never watch it on Fridays without reading spoilers so gonna give it a shot tonight.

10pm, Sky Sports 3.

Charisteas wrote: »

Carny.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

rovert wrote: »
    They don't have them written into contracts the way you or me have as they are independent contractors. They have 3 days off a week but that includes travel days so if you live on the other side of America a whole day could be lost travelling home or back to work. Outside of the odd international tour their schedule isnt THAT bad compared to 10-20 years ago.

Speaking of time schedules' when is the last time John Cena ever got a break from RAW? He did get a break on TLC night but he still had to appear on RAW the very next night.

• Advertisement

Speaking of time schedules' when is the last time John Cena ever got a break from RAW? He did get a break on TLC night but he still had to appear on RAW the very next night.
    My guess is whenever he was last injured. He didnt even miss a Raw when he got fired did he? Maybe one there but I dont think so.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

What happened to the ECW arena?
    Has it been sold recently? I thought it was already closed down in 2007 or something?

CMpunked wrote: »
    What happened to the ECW arena?
    Has it been sold recently? I thought it was already closed down in 2007 or something?

A new leaseholder. Shows will be too expensive to run with the increase in rent and it is being renovated/completely rebuilt from the inside to turn it into a concert venue.

Looks like there wont be a CHIKARA King of Trios this week. Something that sucks massive, massive balls.

With regards to Royal Rumbles, how planned out are they? Like, is every elimination planned out, or are just some of them planned out while the rest are eliminated at an approximate time by whoever is closest?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    With regards to Royal Rumbles, how planned out are they? Like, is every elimination planned out, or are just some of them planned out while the rest are eliminated at an approximate time by whoever is closest?

Apparently they are planned out in great detail. IIRC, Pat Patterson used to be in charge of arranging it all, but not sure if he still is. As far as I know, each wrestler is told when they enter, what they do with who, and when they leave...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Andy_rse

I remember one year possilbly 04 when big show was on the mat and they were all trying to pick him up and u could clearly hear him calling who he was going to eliminate, like "first cena, then jericho then rvd". so i think they have some idea when they are going out but can be left to sort it out, obviously show was told who he was to eliminate and he was calling it there during the match.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,259 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

just wondering, who is it that is pushing for CM Punk backstage?

assuming rumours in the past are true and HHH never really liked him, and Vince was never overly enamored with him, is it Steph who likes him?

or are the rumours false, and he's always been liked?

or is he, as he said in an interview not long after, fighting fires all the time to try and keep his spot?

sorry about the muddled question, i'm just curious as to where he fits in on the political landscape :D

SlickRic wrote: »
    just wondering, who is it that is pushing for CM Punk backstage?

assuming rumours in the past are true and HHH never really liked him, and Vince was never overly enamored with him, is it Steph who likes him?

or are the rumours false, and he's always been liked?

or is he, as he said in an interview not long after, fighting fires all the time to try and keep his spot?

sorry about the muddled question, i'm just curious as to where he fits in on the political landscape :D

Vince likes him a lot I know that much. There a realisation that they need someone new. They may feel that Punk doesnt fit their mold but he is over and brings a fanbase.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,259 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

rovert wrote: »
    Vince likes him a lot I know that much.

and is it at all true that Vince, in his quest for "something new", is actually a big fan of Daniel Bryan also?

i mean this recent push, and subtlety of the heel personas emergence isn't WWE Writing 101 over the last few years...

...i'm probably pushing the boat out a bit far expecting answers to this kind of question, and i should probably just assume Bryan is liked seen as how he's currently being pushed!!

• Advertisement

SlickRic wrote: »
    and is it at all true that Vince, in his quest for "something new", is actually a big fan of Daniel Bryan also?

i mean this recent push, and subtlety of the heel personas emergence isn't WWE Writing 101 over the last few years...

...i'm probably pushing the boat out a bit far expecting answers to this kind of question, and i should probably just assume Bryan is liked seen as how he's currently being pushed!!

I cant answer about Bryan and Vince's relationshup but the new head writer of Smackdown when Bryan moved up to Smackdown was the previous writer of NXT and Superstars (yes there is one). Dont recall the name of the writer off hand but he adores Bryan.

Advertisement