Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q&A thread - Your Questions Answered! **no chat**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I noticed that they have reverted back to a 30 man Rumble this year after the 40 man experiment last year.

Has any reason been given as to why it was changed it back? I'm in favour of 30 participants but I found the switch back surprising.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭ceegee

I noticed that they have reverted back to a 30 man Rumble this year after the 40 man experiment last year.

Has any reason been given as to why it was changed it back? I'm in favour of 30 participants but I found the switch back surprising.

Is the roster smaller this year? Cant think of too many new faces in the past year compared to the number of people axed, plus rey, orton(?),bourne ruled out

Personally found 40 too much, maybe general consensus was the same

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Yeah,found the 40 last year a bit pointless myself,glad it's reverted back to 30 again.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

The problem with 40 was that instead of having 25 guys no one believes has a chance of winning, you had 35. I guess they reverted it back cause they realised there's not much point to filling it out with another 10 jobbers no one believes in...

Also, I think the increase was also to facilitate the Nexus and Corre groups and the angles they were going to work...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

I didn't mind 40 as much as I thought I would but I have to agree with teamshadowclan.
    Wasn't the 40 last year due to them having nothing else really on the card, two world title matches and a lame ass diva's match.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭srfc d16

I don't know how much truth there is to this but I read somewhere that Pat Paterson was very upset that they altered the format of the rumble as he views it as his baby.
    I wouldn't be anywhere ner as knowledgable as the rest of you guys here but that's what i heard.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭tdv123

What was Mark Calaways problem with his Corprate Ministry persona? I remember reading in a article a while back he viewed it as one of the lowest points of his career. He was WWE Champion for most of that time what was he so pi$$ed off about?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

tdv123 wrote: »
    What was Mark Calaways problem with his Corprate Ministry persona? I remember reading in a article a while back he viewed it as one of the lowest points of his career. He was WWE Champion for most of that time what was he so pi$$ed off about?

He felt that having Undertaker serve Vince took away from the powerfully evil image that he had built up for 'Taker during that run.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

He felt that having Undertaker serve Vince took away from the powerfully evil image that he had built up for 'Taker during that run.

Interesting! I just assumed they had Vince be the 'hower power' as a concession since they couldn't sign someone better from WCW. That said, even though he's always been main event, taker was never a guy WWF/E built the company around.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Id say this is true. I guess he hated it as it was a Russo idea and he hated Russo for leaving the way he did.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

I also think it had something to do with how dark the character became. Don't think he was very happy with the Satanic rituals and crucifictions etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Degag wrote: »
    I also think it had something to do with how dark the character became. Don't think he was very happy with the Satanic rituals and crucifictions etc.
    Actually from what I have heard he was cool with all that. The problem was they did all those things and made him that dark, only to actully reveal that he was Vinces bitch :p

Actually from what I have heard he was cool with all that. The problem was they did all those things and made him that dark, only to actully reveal that he was Vinces bitch :p
    Cool, maybe he was, there was just something in the back of my mind saying he didn't!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Is there a proper Mr. Perfect DVD?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Is there a proper Mr. Perfect DVD?

Just "The Life & Times of Mr. Perfect" - the documentary was really poor, IMO. And I love Mr. Perfect! They glossed over his WCW career in minutes and we're slammed with his death and we're done. Would've liked more about his final WWF run -- I guess they just cut out everything going sour immediately after his amazing Rumble return. I dunno, it felt really slapdashed and on autopilot. Not in the same league as the docs WWE are putting out these days.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Just "The Life & Times of Mr. Perfect" - the documentary was really poor, IMO. And I love Mr. Perfect! They glossed over his WCW career in minutes and we're slammed with his death and we're done. Would've liked more about his final WWF run -- I guess they just cut out everything going sour immediately after his amazing Rumble return. I dunno, it felt really slapdashed and on autopilot. Not in the same league as the docs WWE are putting out these days.

I thought it was very good. He did sweet f al in WCW besides the Rednecks and his matches reached average at his best what could they have possibly covered? Him standing behind Hogan and Eric during an NWO promo?

http://www.silvervision.co.uk/products/The-Life-and-Times-of-Mr-Perfect-DVD-2-Discs.html

Has there been any news on Monty Brown in recent months? I know he left to be with his family after Katrina, but has there been any more news since then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

Has there been any news on Monty Brown in recent months? I know he left to be with his family after Katrina, but has there been any more news since then?

I think he became a Personal Trainer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Recently I've noticed some very non pg occurences in WWE, look at the backstage segments with teddy long , which all seem very suggestive.....began also calling show a bastard and numerous other wrestlers like the rock using non pg language...recently I have read WWE are looking into bringing the numbers up for the 12-17 male demographic....

Also iron Sheila is confirmed for the legend house, will hardly be pg!

So will they change their stance?

You wouldn't be talking about the bit on smackdown tonight when Aksana was saying to Teddy Long that she loves playing the slots because she "likes to yank and pull the stick till the money comes out" would ya?

Doesn't sound PG to me :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭Ridley

No they haven't, they just know how to do it properly now.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

Aksana had a pretty outrageous joke recently I think it was something about always betting on black. Then teddy was like 'oh **** looks like we got ourselves a tag team match playa' that quote may or may not be entirely accurate.

I'm really liking the sound of Aksana here :D She is one of the better divas in FCW so I'm glad she is getting some reward by being on the main shows in some capacity.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

They're basically just dancing around the PG line lately, close enough so that they don't get complaints.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

On Smackdown last night, it took me a while to realise Brodus Clay was calling William Regal a "funky chicken" and not something more non-PG.

Ridley wrote: »
    No they haven't, they just know how to do it properly now.

Yeah, I've long argued that WWE's problem isn't that it's PG, it's that it doesn't know how to push the barriers of PG. A rating like that has limits which can be pushed but WWE haven't even been trying...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Watching top 50 OMG moments, how did they do the bearer being encased in cement?
    I remember seeing a brief clip of them rehearsing it for on beyond the mat but how was it done that night at the ppv?

CMpunked wrote: »
    Watching top 50 OMG moments, how did they do the bearer being encased in cement?
    I remember seeing a brief clip of them rehearsing it for on beyond the mat but how was it done that night at the ppv?

I don't know, but wasn't it actually recorded and not done live?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 569 ✭✭✭CoolHat

CMpunked wrote: »
    Degag wrote: »
    I don't know, but wasn't it actually recorded and not done live?

Just watched this on youtube again :)

Looks like a splice of pre-taped footage alright.

• Advertisement

I'm not sure what they did in the arena, but on TV it was prerecorded. I'm guessing a dummy or something for the crowd. It was quite far back from the fans iirc, most people probably wouldn't have paid all that much attention once their was something moving that looked like Bearer in there.

Advertisement