Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q&A thread - Your Questions Answered! **no chat**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

I remember coming across a thread on boards once about posters meeting rude celebs has anybody here ever met a wrestler that was a prick or a total letdown?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

GTR63 wrote: »
    I remember coming across a thread on boards once about posters meeting rude celebs has anybody here ever met a wrestler that was a prick or a total letdown?
    Vito was a bit rude however he did by me a round of baby guineses!

Balls mahony and Doug basham however were awesome people! Balls is a bull****er though, talkin about how how ons 2 match with tanaka would of being 5 star if they were given more time!

Can't say enough nice words about basham truly a nice guy! Who told me him and cena double teamed some milf while cena was just starting out!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

CMpunked wrote: »
    Watching top 50 OMG moments, how did they do the bearer being encased in cement?
    I remember seeing a brief clip of them rehearsing it for on beyond the mat but how was it done that night at the ppv?

I don't think that was on Beyond the Mat. Beyond the Mat was made in the late 90's, and that Paul Bearer cement skit was only about 5 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

I've only ever met Lita, Matt Morgan, and Scotty 2 Hotty and all three were exceptionally nice people.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

On Smackdown last night, it took me a while to realise Brodus Clay was calling William Regal a "funky chicken" and not something more non-PG.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

^ His legend status is cemented for me anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,811 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Watching top 50 OMG moments, how did they do the bearer being encased in cement?
    I remember seeing a brief clip of them rehearsing it for on beyond the mat but how was it done that night at the ppv?

That wasn't a rehearsal. They were filming the bits where you see Paul Bearer to be shown later that night. That's why no-one appeared on-screen with Bearer. On the night at the live event, they used a stunt double in the arena but played clips of Bearer

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

They showed that on beyond the mat? I thought that happened a few years ago with the dudleys and taker and not during the 90s?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Thankfully I only have positive experiences. Soundest lads were easily Daniel Bryan, The Briscoes, Bison Smyth and Evan Bourne.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Not rude exactly, but when I met Eugene at the AWR show in Dundalk a few years back, he was really glum during the meet and greets. While Scotty, Bret and them were all happy(ish) and were talking between pictures, Eugene sat there with a frown until someone came to him, he'd stand up and pull a face for the camera, and then sit down again with the frown on his face.

I actually felt sorry for him that night; really felt like he was depressed to be there. But then, maybe I just met him at a bad time :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

They showed that on beyond the mat? I thought that happened a few years ago with the dudleys and taker and not during the 90s?

Yeah, you're right. Wasn't beyond the mat, it was either just a Youtube vid or just something else I seen and assumed it was a part of BTM.

Makes sense if all the close up shots were because they were prerecorded.

Not rude exactly, but when I met Eugene at the AWR show in Dundalk a few years back, he was really glum during the meet and greets. While Scotty, Bret and them were all happy(ish) and were talking between pictures, Eugene sat there with a frown until someone came to him, he'd stand up and pull a face for the camera, and then sit down again with the frown on his face.

I actually felt sorry for him that night; really felt like he was depressed to be there. But then, maybe I just met him at a bad time :/

He was the same the time I met him. I guess it's kinda depressing going from the huge arenas in the US to small venues in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

of all the wrestlers i have met i would say mark henry, batista and flair were the only ones i would describe as not being "that nice" in person

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

have only ever met Sheamus at a WWE signing so he had to be nice but I don remember a story about Mark Henry in Belfast refusing to meet a child fan and his father in the bar at the hotel after the show and starting a fight with the father. It all ended with him being arrested if I remember right, the link for the story is below.

http://www.irishcentral.com/news/news_from_ireland/WWE-star-Mark-Henry-arrested-after-fight-in-Belfast-92039804.html

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Well at this point we may as well get a thread going on these stories.

They way I heard that Mark Henry one was that all the guys were signing the card, Mark Henry didn't, and the father started giving out and trying to get him to sign. Henry got pissed off, told yer man to feck off and then the rest of them told Henry to leave it off.

Tbh, its rare to find wrestler to be always nice or always mean. Depends on the day thats in it. Heres one from a thread on Reddit atm.
    Me and my friend went to see Raw at Nassau Coliseum (When Pee Wee was hosting) after the show ended we started walking around the seats trying to see if we can meet any wrestlers walking backstage. We saw Mark Henry making his way towards the exit with security surrounding him of course. My friend calls out to him "Mr. Henry" to get his attention. Mark (who genuinely seems like a nice guy) turns around and smiles and waves. We make some small talk, he thanks us for coming out and what not. After about a minute or two of talking to him my friend asks a pretty balsy question saying "Hey, How's Mae's hand doing?" He immediately starts to crack up and says "Oh she's doing great, she's turning 10 in a few days

http://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/ordgt/whats_the_coolest_story_youve_ever_experienced/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I've never met him, but have seen a lot of people saying Punk is an ass.

Could have just been a few bad days for him but they are the ones that will be posted before the stories of how nice he is. Considering the relatively small number of negative reports, I'd say they were just off days as I'm guessing a lot a people meet him considering how popular he is, and has been since his ROH days.

Sharkboy has to be the soundest I've met. Myself and my friend were in Florida and blagged our way into the front row by pulling the Irish card on the security.

We could pretty much see into the backstage area and met the Dudleys, Homicide and a few others. Started talking to Sharkboy for ages and he was asking all about Ireland, what we did in college etc. Genuine nice guy. We even got free donuts from one of the refs! Great times.

Met Sabu at an AWR show and he was really sound. He was mad asking where he could get some weed and invited us back to the hotel for drinks and stuff. We decided not to take him up on it though, I kinda regret it now :(

Raven was a little grumpy but loosened up after chatting for a while. Scotty 2 Hotty as mentioned, is great craic too.

As mentioned, Eugene seemed depressed as hell, felt a bit sorry for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

+1 on the Eugene thing. Saw him at an AWR show in Cork and it was very sad to see him like that :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Jmac24128

One guy who i would love to see back... KURT ANGLE! was always class weather he was a heel or face. and brilliant in the ring!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Has Eric Angle been with TNA this whole time!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

43e9ac92f41ea3851cd5bce6f8ef174b_L.jpg?t=1327118670

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭ceegee

Whats the general standard like in FCW? Had a quick look at some Ricardo matches tonight and seems decent. Never bothered looking at it before. (Also impressed with Ricardos 2nd rope corkscrew moonsault finisher*)

*may not be correct term, all them jumpy twisty moves look the same to me

ceegee wrote: »
    Whats the general standard like in FCW? Had a quick look at some Ricardo matches tonight and seems decent. Never bothered looking at it before. (Also impressed with Ricardos 2nd rope corkscrew moonsault finisher*)

*may not be correct term, all them jumpy twisty moves look the same to me
    Varies a lot. You have the great in Cesaro, Ambrose, Rollins etc. The really good in Harris, Steamboat, Kruger etc. The okay in Woods, Sandow, Orlov, Maddox, Dalton etc. But also some real no hopers like Langston and Rowan. You also have the occasional appearances from the likes of Hunico, Epico, Mahal, Ricardo etc and occasionally even the likes of Regal. For the Diva's, really Aksana is the only decent one, the rest of the regulars are awful and wont amount to much in WWE without a lot of work.

Every week, there does be at least one match that is at least fairly good.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Varies a lot. You have the great in Cesaro, Ambrose, Rollins etc. The really good in Harris, Steamboat, Kruger etc. The okay in Woods, Sandow, Orlov, Maddox, Dalton etc. But also some real no hopers like Langston and Rowan. You also have the occasional appearances from the likes of Hunico, Epico, Mahal, Ricardo etc and occasionally even the likes of Regal. For the Diva's, really Aksana is the only decent one, the rest of the regulars are awful and wont amount to much in WWE without a lot of work.

Every week, there does be at least one match that is at least fairly good.

Great answer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

Thankfully I only have positive experiences. Soundest lads were easily Daniel Bryan, The Briscoes, Bison Smyth and Evan Bourne.

The most infamous of course:pac:

Keep your fingers away from Evan Lads..

Evan+Bourne.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

theres no place for kurt in the wwe these days imo

• Registered Users Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

What I'm suggesting/asking is sacrilege but i was wondering about the undertaker when he retires (calaway) could they keep the character alive by him being played by another wrestler (of same build/look) and thus creating an instant superstar?
    Im posing this through undertaker as he is Immortal

What I'm suggesting/asking is sacrilege but i was wondering about the undertaker when he retires (calaway) could they keep the character alive by him being played by another wrestler (of same build/look) and thus creating an instant superstar?
    Im posing this through undertaker as he is Immortal
    If he wore a mask, maybe, but a big maybe. You'll have some job trying to find someone similar enough to pull it off. Dont see how they could do that and not have it be obvious thats it a different person.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

No I think once Callaway retires the Undertaker gimmick will as well. It would be utterly crass if the WWE did otherwise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

nah definitely not, even in 97 with fake Razor and Diesel the fans knew and shít on it. it's 2012 and the fans would eat whoever the traitor is alive, in no time flat. When calloway retires, no-one would dare suggest keeping taker character alive. sure that's what Kane was supposed to be.

Advertisement