Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q&A thread - Your Questions Answered! **no chat**

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

They were good in WCW and i always liked Crush in WWF in the 90's

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I always heard that 'taker and Kane were unhappy with having to face them actually did whatever they could to make them look bad. I can't remember the match itself though to know if it looks like it could be true, for some reason I haven't wanted to rewatch it yet :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Captain Morgan Freeman

If you watch the match at one stage you can hear taker telling them when to bump and feed. I don't know about vouching for them but her did verbally berate them in front of the entire locker room after that match.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    I always heard that 'taker and Kane were unhappy with having to face them actually did whatever they could to make them look bad. I can't remember the match itself though to know if it looks like it could be true, for some reason I haven't wanted to rewatch it yet :pac:

You're half right. Taker was a burial machine at that time and pretty much destroyed the whole wcw roster during the invasion. Taker and kane weren't unhappy to face them as they faced most of the wcw guys during their tag title run at that time. To be fair Kronik were god awful in that match and didn't need takers help to make them look bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Hygro

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭deisedude

Hygro wrote: »

Kronik by name, chronic by nature

Speaking of embarrassing to watch wrestlers have we seen the last of Kevin Nash?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Info on an Attitude Era DVD:

http://www.wwedvdnews.com/wwe-attitude-era-dvd-2012-production/21030/

Really not looking forward to all the blurring.

Vince Russo being a free agent presents an interesting opportunity for the DVD. I wonder if he will be acknowledged to greater degree than he would have been if he was still in TNA. I even wonder if he will be talking head.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

the good ol seagull cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭ceegee

Whats JoMo upto these days? Is there anything to be read into by him appearing on the anniversary edition of ZTLIS? Seeing as its now on the WWE youtube channel, I would have thought theyd be strict about letting him appear as his WWE character (Im presuming wwe own the image rights for the sunglasses etc)

Any chance of him returning?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭pheasant tail

Well everyone just found this forum,delighted,got mad back into the wrestling there a while back,dont know why i ever stopped watching it,question is,when i started watching it and until i remember loosing interest in it,they use to use fake blood in the matches,why did they stop this?? just looking at old matches there with stone cold and it seemed to be used quite often and was real good....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

deisedude wrote: »
    Kronik by name, chronic by nature

Speaking of embarrassing to watch wrestlers have we seen the last of Kevin Nash?

about that...............http://www.allwrestlingnews.com/wwe-extras/photo-kevin-nash-gets-a-new-look/

id say his set to appear in the ec tonight in some form or another

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Well everyone just found this forum,delighted,got mad back into the wrestling there a while back,dont know why i ever stopped watching it,question is,when i started watching it and until i remember loosing interest in it,they use to use fake blood in the matches,why did they stop this?? just looking at old matches there with stone cold and it seemed to be used quite often and was real good....

The blood was real. They would nick themselves with a piece of razor blade that would be concealed in their wrist tape, or the referee might pass them the blade either. Usually they would aim for a wrinkle in the forehead. A tiny nick can produce quite a bit of blood!

See HHHs forehead in HD for evidence of "blading" scars from throughout the years!

Since WWE has gone in a PG direction, the hardcore stuff has ceased - so much so, that If someone gets accidentally cut now, they will stop the match, so that trainers can come down and clean the cut!

Devon (Dudley) is a great example of bladeing scars. Much easier to see than Triple H's imo.

Devon (Dudley) is a great example of bladeing scars. Much easier to see than Triple H's imo.

The worst might possibly be old Dusty "Taffy Forehead" Rhodes!:eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭pheasant tail

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    The blood was real. They would nick themselves with a piece of razor blade that would be concealed in their wrist tape, or the referee might pass them the blade either. Usually they would aim for a wrinkle in the forehead. A tiny nick can produce quite a bit of blood!

See HHHs forehead in HD for evidence of "blading" scars from throughout the years!

Since WWE has gone in a PG direction, the hardcore stuff has ceased - so much so, that If someone gets accidentally cut now, they will stop the match, so that trainers can come down and clean the cut!

Cheers i thought that might be why but i would never have guessed that it was real blood even if they usued something,awful pity its gone :(

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Hygro

I always thought Flair looked the best covered in blood ... must've been something to do with the colour of his hair :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,862 ✭✭✭kksaints

When Eddie Guerrero got hit with a chair in that match against JBL in 2004. Was he meant to bleed? There was quite a lot of blood and I remember hearing that he had to go to hospital after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

JoMo will be in the UK in the next month or so cant remember when but he will be fighting in Permier British Wrestling if I remember the right facebook post I saw

kksaints wrote: »
    When Eddie Guerrero got hit with a chair in that match against JBL in 2004. Was he meant to bleed? There was quite a lot of blood and I remember hearing that he had to go to hospital after that.

He did bleed on purpose, but cut too deep. I remember blood squirting, and it's likely that was the bloodiest match in WWE history.

I agree about Flair, he could bleed like a stuck pig!

• Advertisement

WWE being a PG show is a big reason for it since the show is watched by kids now. Another reason is the risk of wrestlers catching disease though blood. Back at Armegeddon 2005 The Undertaker faced Randy Orton in a hell in a cell match with Bob Orton in Randy's corner. Part of the match involved Bob Orton getting busted open by Taker and bleeding a lot. Now Bob Orton had been diagnosed with Hep C years ago and mentioned it to John Laurenitis. Laurenitis told him to do it anyway and Orton came dangerously close to giving Undertaker Hep c during the match. Taker found out about this after the match and went crazy about it which led to Bob Orton being released(personally i think Laurenitis should have gone since it was his call).

There was also an independant wrestler who got signed to WWE a few years ago. While he was having a medical they realised he had Hep C and cancelled his contract. It turned out he got Hep C from working an Indy match a few months before with Abdullah the Butcher. Abdullah had Hep C and bled all over the guy during the match causing him to get it and basically stopping him from ever working in the WWE.

Because the WWE are only able to test their wrestlers every 2-3 months. In that space of time a wrestler could contract a disease while on the road and spread it to the other wrestlers through bleeding before it showed up on any of the WWE's tests. The risks outweigh the reward of having blood in wrestling im afraid.

kksaints wrote: »
    Yes, but he did it wrong. He either cut way too deep, or cut the wrong place. Not a shock that he had to go to the hospital afterwards. He lost an insane amount of blood.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,862 ✭✭✭kksaints

Yes, but he did it wrong. He either cut way too deep, or cut the wrong place. Not a shock that he had to go to the hospital afterwards. He lost an insane amount of blood.

Yeah there was some amount of blood. Shawn Michaels was the best bleeder I thought matches with him and Triple H always seemed to have a large amount of blood.

The best blood shot is Stone Colds face at Mania 13 while he's locked in the sharpshooter. Nothing else comes close.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

The best blood shot is Stone Colds face at Mania 13 while he's locked in the sharpshooter. Nothing else comes close.

HeresVince.jpg

(Hope its ok posting that but it is such an iconic moment...)

I think this is a great blade job. A lot of the time it's obvious what they are doing but this was done incredibly well imo.

HeresVince.jpg

(Hope its ok posting that but it is such an iconic moment...)

I had forgotten about that one actually. I stand corrected.
    Vince is seriously underrated as a performer.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭sockmo

Just wondering how wrestlers make the slapping noise when they kick somebody in the head, like Alberto del Rios signiture kick on the ropes?

Also any information on wrestlers in-ring communication would be great. im always curious as to how the performers work a match

sockmo wrote: »
    Just wondering how wrestlers make the slapping noise when they kick somebody in the head, like Alberto del Rios signiture kick on the ropes?

Also any information on wrestlers in-ring communication would be great. im always curious as to how the performers work a match
    The slapping is literally slapping your leg, or side, or whatever. Nothing fancy there.

For communications, you often see them exchanging words. It'll nearly always be cut down to the bare minimum as all the big spots would be pre planned meaning only one or two words are needed to set of a chain reaction. I reckon it's much easier if you wear a mask as you don't have to try and disguise it. You see it a lot on sleepers and the like. Moves like that are usually used to work out the next few spots while giving both guys a breather.

• Advertisement

sockmo wrote: »

Im not totally sure on the slapping noise. I think they just clap their hands together.

The referee usually handles communicating between wrestlers, telling them when to do certain spots and what moves the other wrestler wants to do next. Helping wrestlers communicate is the referees main job in a match.

Advertisement