Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q&A thread - Your Questions Answered! **no chat**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Omackeral wrote: »
    I've heard rumours of Paul Wight/ Big Show performing a moonsault during his early days in WCW. Anyone know if this is true? Any pics/ links?

I've heard of this too, and have tried YouTube, no joy though!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

If Paul Wight ever pulled off a televised Moonsault then logically it would be easily available to find on Youtube. So I doubt he ever did it on TV, though apparently he did it whilst at the WCW's Power Plant training facility.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Yeah he did it in training and on the few pre-WCW indy shows he did.

WCW wanted to keep it special. Show was scripted to deliver it to Kevin Nash at Starrcade 1997. Nash got wind of that plan and as the story goes pulled a sicky feigning a HEART ATTACK. After that point Show got increasingly fat so the move was a no go.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

While I would usually get annoyed with Nash for stuff like that, I cannot say I blame him in this case... :p

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Anyone know what the C on the rocks shirts mean?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

I presumed it was for "Captain" of Team Bring It, thats purely guesswork on my part though:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,815 ✭✭✭✭Penn

CMpunked wrote: »
    Anyone know what the C on the rocks shirts mean?

Yeah, Captain. It's what captains of NFL teams wear on their shirts.

An example of it on Drew Brees' shirt (New Orleans Saints)
    New%20Orleans%20Saints%20NFL%20Jerseys%209%20Drew%20Brees%20Black.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,520 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Is tough enough back this year?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

stone cold said in a YouTube video that it probably will be back.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Austin in his recent Q&A session was pretty confident another one would go ahead, but he was't sure when.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,321 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Is Daniel Bryan dating one of the Bellas.

If he is, and if he is going out with Brie I stand by me comment the other day.

Daniel Bryan is the greatest man in the world!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

One of them, yes, but I dont know which.

Smackdown:
    I'm assuming thats why he dumps AJ. Get with whichever Bella it is instead. Funny considering he blew them off before! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

DM-ICE wrote: »
    Is Daniel Bryan dating one of the Bellas.

If he is, and if he is going out with Brie I stand by me comment the other day.

Daniel Bryan is the greatest man in the world!

Here he is kissing one of them,I can't tell them apart by looking at their faces though!

http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m13ji1XFIy1qac9wfo1_500.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,758 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Can anyone recommend a good place to read up/discuss/review the whole WCW inVasion angle. I know it is generally considered a botch-job, missed oppurtunity etc etc but its one of my favourite era's...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭ceegee

Bit of a random question: was the hhh puppet from the "are you serious" webshow used on TV before or is he new?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

He's new as far as I know.

When did wwe start putting ring steps on each corner?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭TheTwiz

Does anybody know why the WWE have never taped RAW and Smackdown here. I know the old Point couldn't manage it & the new o2's design wouldn't allow but what's wrong with the Odyssey in Belfast?

As far as i know for a TV taping it would hold around 9,000, i've always wondered why they have never taped here as i thought Ireland would attractive for them to do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Because they want their tapings to be actual full-sized tapings with the titantron etc.

They'd want it in front of a huuuuge crowd too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Belfast would be behind a long list of non-American cities to tape a Raw or Smackdown and also Northern Ireland wouldn't be as attractive anyway compared to say taping TV in somewhere such as Japan (Which I think they did do a few years ago?) or Australia, South Africa, India could all get massive crowds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

I'm watching the Tommy Dreamer "Share Your Knowledge" DVD at the moment and he makes a point that when WWE debuted Nexus, there was already an Irish promotion or something along those lines who already used the name. He said they got a payment from WWE so they could use it.

Is there any truth to this?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Charisteas wrote: »
    Belfast would be behind a long list of non-American cities to tape a Raw or Smackdown and also Northern Ireland wouldn't be as attractive anyway compared to say taping TV in somewhere such as Japan (Which I think they did do a few years ago?) or Australia, South Africa, India could all get massive crowds.

its not like they even push the city or country where they are broadcasting, first time in mexico last october for televised shows and its just another show, could have been any arena in the states, last monday they should started the show with a fly over of the dome (i bet not one american watching knows that show was in the dome) and then throughout the show have taped segments on the streets of london instead of the tired recorded pieces they keep recycling year after year, make the foreign shows seems somewhat important

its funny when they do the "live shot of las vegas strip" when they do raws or ppvs in vegas they show the stardust hotel fully lit.....it closed in 2006 and was knocked in 2007

I'm watching the Tommy Dreamer "Share Your Knowledge" DVD at the moment and he makes a point that when WWE debuted Nexus, there was already an Irish promotion or something along those lines who already used the name. He said they got a payment from WWE so they could use it.

Is there any truth to this?

There was a scottish promotion using the name "NXT Wrestling" which have since changed their name.

http://www.sescoops.com/nxt-wrestling-owner-comments-on-wwe-using-their-name/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Andy_rse

I know there probably has been but has any 2 out of 3 falls matches just went the 2 falls? Cant think of any off the top of my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Andy_rse wrote: »
    I know there probably has been but has any 2 out of 3 falls matches just went the 2 falls? Cant think of any off the top of my head.

I think Mick Foley vs Ric Flair in 2006. I'll look it up now!!

EDIT: Yep at Vengeance 2006, Foley was caught in a quick pin by Flair. Then he smashed Flair with a trash can straight after in frustration and got himself DQ'd. So it has happened!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭ForeverYoung90

I remember seeing a video on dailymotion I believe of a raw episode live from Birmingham.It was a clip of the rock climbing to the top of the cage that was set up giving a promo.It was epic and I was looking for it recently but couldnt find it.Any links?

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Endaaaagh

Andy_rse wrote: »

When Austin fought Dustin Rhodes for the US title in a 2 out of 3 falls match he won it 2-0 (first time he won the belt)

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭bobby_says_hi

also Beth Phoenix and Candice Michelle's match on Raw had Beth winning both the falls. it's the match where Candice injures her shoulder falling off the top rope

another women's one is Tara and ODB from Genesis 2010. Tara wins both falls

I remember seeing a video on dailymotion I believe of a raw episode live from Birmingham.It was a clip of the rock climbing to the top of the cage that was set up giving a promo.It was epic and I was looking for it recently but couldnt find it.Any links?

I think that was Rebellion/Insurrextion from around 99/00 because I remember he had a match with HHH in a cage on one of those UK/IRE only PPVs that i'm ashamed to say I used to always get :D

One night only wasn't bad to be fair.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

UK/IRE only PPVs that i'm ashamed to say I used to always get :D
    One night only wasn't bad to be fair.

Ha I mentioned this earlier in the week so you weren't alone I was a good little wwe fan those days now I get Mania & pay for damn all else(I don't watch even watch streams of them tbh). I remember HHH & Nash had their best match with each other on one of them & Flair doing a unreal blade job during it.

Advertisement