Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q&A thread - Your Questions Answered! **no chat**

Options

Comments

GTR63 wrote: »
    Ha I mentioned this earlier in the week so you weren't alone I was a good little wwe fan those days now I get Mania & pay for damn all else(I don't watch even watch streams of them tbh). I remember HHH & Nash had their best match with each other on one of them & Flair doing a unreal blade job during it.

Haha to think that I paid €22 (around 16 punt?) for basically a house show makes me face palm.

Yeah Royal Rumble and Wrestlemania are the only 2 ill consider paying for now.

The 1st one they did One night only was actually class in fairness when I think about it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I bought them once, but when they werent even acknowledged the next week on Raw/Smackdown, I realised just how much of a waste of money it was and never bought them again. :o

I used to get every PPV (back before I had the internet), then it was just the big ones (back before I realised how easy it was to get them on the internet), now it's none.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Maria & Goldberg appeared in the American Celebrity apprentice. Anyone know why Goldberg was the only celeb who didnt return for the season finale?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,041 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Maria & Goldberg appeared in the American Celebrity apprentice. Anyone know why Goldberg was the only celeb who didnt return for the season finale?

If I remember correctly I believe his son was sick and that's why he didn't return.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

How 'live' is Monday Night RAW? Is there a few minutes of delay in case something goes majorly wrong?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

In order, who was/is the tallest - Big Show, Great Khali, Andre the Giant, The Yeti, or Giant Gonzales?

NUTZZ wrote: »
    How 'live' is Monday Night RAW? Is there a few minutes of delay in case something goes majorly wrong?
    As far as I know it's only a few seconds at most. It's as live as possible the majority of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Charisteas wrote: »
    In order, who was/is the tallest - Big Show, Great Khali, Andre the Giant, The Yeti, or Giant Gonzales?

1. Giant Gonzales - Billed Height: 8ft 0in Actual Height: 7ft 6in
    2. Andre the Giant- Billed Height: 7ft 4in
    3. The Yeti Billed Height: 7tf 4in Billed Height as Ron Reiss: 7tf 2in
    4. Great Khali- Billed Height: 7ft 1in
    5. Big Show- Billed Height: 7ft 0in

Other mentions-

Giant Silva- Billed Height 7ft 3in
    Nathan Jones- Billed Height 7ft 1in
    Kurrgan- Billed Height 7ft 1 Actual Height: 6ft 11in

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

NUTZZ wrote: »

There is nearly always a 3-4 minute delay in all live broadcasts anywhere in the world. Although editing as in bleeping words or whatever would have to be done at the same time as its filmed.
    Theres no real ability to post produce certain audio.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

gonzales is easily the tallest wrestler of the modern era, legit 7'6 the man towered over really tall men like nash, taker and sid, put him next to big show or khali and they would look short

tumblr_lsp149GKVo1qavcf2o1_500.jpg

after that khali and yeti (ron reis) are both around 7'1, big show around 6'11-7ft and andre was 6'10

silva looked same height as khali in njpw, jones is matt morgans height (you can also add nash to that list) and shorter than big show and kurrgan is probably morgan/jones' height because he was clearly shorter than silva in the oddities

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

ACH! My boy Raja Lion is 'only' 7'2" :( He deserves a mention!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Wow Andre only 6'10? Thought he was easily 7+

jaykhunter wrote: »
    ACH! My boy Raja Lion is 'only' 7'2" :( He deserves a mention!

as does silo sam aka big jon harris who was around same height, lion and sam, what a tag team that would have made :(

Wow Andre only 6'10? Thought he was easily 7+

I think he was originally but started to shrink a little as the years went by. Seems to happen to most of the big guys, they never stay the height they were when they were younger.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Nah he peaked at 6'10:

Andre_The_Giant_-_Andre_Roussino-2.jpg

Andre famously was standing a crate during this interview.

thats one without a box next to vince from 1979

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Andy_rse

Is it known who is behind the WWE Creative account on twitter? Its genius!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Is Sheamus tied to any of the brands as he appeared in both Raw and Smackdown this week

Whats the story with Bischoff? Is he really leaving TNA, or just done as an on screen character?
    Is Sheamus tied to any of the brands as he appeared in both Raw and Smackdown this week
    Smackdown, but the brand extenstion is effectivly done apart from house shows.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

no, nobody is really since the start of the Raw supershows (which are just normal Raws now) where SD talent could appear on Raw. Raw talent appearing on SD is less frequent (you wont see Lesnar there) but it does happen also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Whats the story with Bischoff? Is he really leaving TNA, or just done as an on screen character?

Smackdown, but the brand extenstion is effectivly done apart from house shows.

Its just the end for his on screen character for the time being. He's still working behind the scenes so expect Garrett's push to continue.

Its just the end for his on screen character for the time being. He's still working behind the scenes so expect Garrett's push to continue.
    Any chance of that push being moved to the top of a cliff? :pac:

lets count ourselves lucky in one way, had vince russo not been fired you can be sure his son would probably have been on tv in a major storyline by the end of 2012

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Has a ref ever accidentally counted 3 when it was meant to be 2? Or do they know and make sure they don't?

I've noticed a few times that they have their fist clinched when going down for the 3 when its a kickout.

What does be in the fire extinguishers they use to spray in each other faces? I assume it's not legit CO2 or whatever?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Has a ref ever accidentally counted 3 when it was meant to be 2? Or do they know and make sure they don't?

I've noticed a few times that they have their fist clinched when going down for the 3 when its a kickout.

Think it happened in a Punk match last year against Swagger, he dropped a macho elbow & the ref counted to 3 but he then went to lock on the anaconda vice but it was too late the count had been made.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

All referees know the finish of the match they're in, so every other fall is a two count. They're in contact with the office backstage via their earpiece.

It's happened a few times where they've mucked up the finish; examples that spring to mind -
    WM2000, the timer was supposed to expire before Hardcore Holly's 3 count but the ref counted the fall (and the guy didn't kick out) so Bob Holly won the hardcore belt by accident instead of Crash retaining. He ended up dropping the belt back to Crash the next night on RAW.

Rock vs Kurt Angle 2000, after Rock hit the rock bottom, the ref counted to two (despite Angle staying down) and the rock really cussed him out afterwards. They just repeated the spot and got the three.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,012 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Not quite the same, but a famous example of a ref messing up the count was in the Hogan/Sting match from Starrcade. He was supposed to do a fast count, but didn't, so Hogan's win just looked legit and when the match was restarted for a "fast count" the crowd killed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

How do the WWE and UFC compare in terms of revenue, ppv sales, merchandising sales etc. Also how do they compare in what they pay their top stars?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

I never watched wcw back in day and I know this is a bit of a dumb question but was Mean Gene ever in the nwo? or Did he ever play a heel role?

Advertisement