Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q&A thread - Your Questions Answered! **no chat**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I'd guess last night too. Didnt see it myself but missed the very start of the match. Cant think of any other reason for Angle to be out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

CMpunked wrote: »
    Anyone tell me whens this from?

3:30 minute mark from this weeks Impact

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Ah right, cool.
    Good to see it was part of a match and not just something he done that went wrong.

Q: How much cash did it cost Jeff and Jerry Jarrett to start up TNA?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

why does sin cara have special lights on during his matches ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

ricero wrote: »
    His vision is based on colours. Would also explain the botches.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

CMpunked wrote: »
    Ah right, cool.
    Good to see it was part of a match and not just something he done that went wrong.

I'd imagine he was trying to do the Ric Flair turnbuckle spot (that EY does aswell) but fell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Might be a harsh question but was Konnan ever much of a Wrestler?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

GTR63 wrote: »

Yes, in the early 90s. He actually drew really well iirc. You know the way Vince had Eddie and also Rey for the Latin demo? It was like that but 15 years before. I never rated him as a wrestler personally. But he was quick enough back in the day for such a big dude.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

ricero wrote: »

That's exactly it - to make him feel special and a big deal. Kane used to have his own red lights/darkened arena when he first started in 97.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

GTR63 wrote: »

He was passable/carry-able worked who benefited from being one of the few roided to the guills wrestlers in Mexico, had super charisma and was surrounded by (now & then) legendary super workers.

He's Meltzer's assessment on him the year he was voted into the Wrestling Observer Hall of Fame:
    Konnan

Strengths: Drawing power. Biggest draw in wrestling in 1993 and 1994, and biggest draw historically over a period of many years who isn’t already in. Helped create AAA, helped book the rise of smaller wrestlers, and helped book during the heyday of the promotion, plus the person most responsible for opening up the U.S./Mexico borders that had been closed for talent since the 70s. Is as big a long- time draw as anyone who isn’t in.

Weakness: Not a Hall of Famer in the U.S., where he spent much of his career. Not a Hall of Fame worker at any point. His candidacy solely based on drawing power and historical importance. Polarizing figure, some feel his changes have been negative for business in Mexico by moving away from so much of the traditional style and bringing in U.S. extreme style.

jaykhunter wrote: »
    That's exactly it - to make him feel special and a big deal. Kane used to have his own red lights/darkened arena when he first started in 97.

But:

tumblr_m4z003ZZVQ1r2ahfqo1_400.gif

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭jmolloy

been off line for a while. just went on euroshop and see it's finishing up on august 1st.how long has this announcement been up? ordering from the states is a bit expensive since they put prices up for delivery but probably still better

I don't like that euroshop's going (even though it's been a bit crap) as well as silverstone (which has always been awesome) seeming to go

I actually had no idea WWE Euroshop was finishing up. Lack of business or just WWE wanting all shipment orders to go through the one channel?

Shame to read that, I spent a lot of pocket money on that website 10 or so years ago including some ridiculous accessories that were never worn such as a yellow Hulk Hogan Bandana, a Hardy Boyz necklace, and an Undertaker belt buckle.

Combining Euroshop with the DVD operation Silvervision CURRENTLY has?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

18 dollars delivery from wweshop? screw that!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Saveus.222

Does anyone know any wrestling news sites where I can read the rasslin news during the week before I get a chance to watch RAW at the end of the week/weekend?
    Not really a big TNA fan, so TNA excluaive sites dont qualify.
    Cheers for any suggestions.

I would say just stick around here on Boards. All the major/relevent news is generally covered here in separate threads away from the current weeks Raw thread. Everyone here respects the spoiler rules. Only problem you may have is that the spoiler rule expires two days after a televised broadcast, so midnight Thursday morning for Raw.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭green day rule

anybody got a good an idea for a birthday 6 year old that loves wrestling in the price range of 30-40

anybody got a good an idea for a birthday 6 year old that loves wrestling in the price range of 30-40

Where are you based & how many days away is the birthday, buddy? Cant go wrong with action figures at that age. DVDs retail are a bit off a rip off compared to the internet prices.

rovert wrote: »
    Where are you based & how many days away is the birthday, buddy? Cant go wrong with action figures at that age. DVDs retail are a bit off a rip off compared to the internet prices.

Dublin Theres Another 20 Odd Days Till It But I Dont Want To Buy Him A Figure Because He HAs Hundreds Of Them

• Advertisement

Dublin Theres Another 20 Odd Days Till It But I Dont Want To Buy Him A Figure Because He HAs Hundreds Of Them

You can order DVD's directly from WWE's official distributor based in the UK. They take around 5 days to deliver here and there is no shipping charge. They have a huge sale on:

https://www.silvervision.co.uk/category/Special-Offers/page1.html

WWE Annual 2011 DVD Boxset looks like a good pick up as it is 8 Discs and he probably doesnt have any of them.

Also order in Sterling instead of Euros to save even more off your order.

You can order DVD's directly from WWE's official distributor based in the UK. They take around 5 days to deliver here and there is no shipping charge. They have a huge sale on:

WWE Annual 2011 DVD Boxset looks like a good pick up as it is 8 Discs and he probably doesnt have any of them.

However age ratings much be iffy to the parents. Most of the DVDs wont have sex or swearing or gore. But Wrestling counts as violence so they slap a 15s rating on it.

rovert wrote: »

However age ratings much be iffy to the parents. Most of the DVDs wont have sex or swearing or gore. But but Wrestling counts as violence so they slap a 15s rating on it.
    thanks man i think i might go for the box set and get him a figure

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

My Missus is gonna pay for a year subscription for a website as part of my fathers day present. Any suggestions on which is the best one to sign up for? I like listening to Wade Keller but I'm wondering would the old content on his website be as good as meltzers, who I don't really like listening to.
    I love listening to and reading about stuff from late 80s and 90s when I was hardcore into my wrestling so any suggestions would be appreciated.

I would either get him a ticket to the next WWE Dublin show on 8th November, or go to smyths.ie and type WWE into the search box and pick something he doesn't already have.

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/event/18004891B0F57386?artistid=1437936&majorcatid=10004&minorcatid=27

http://www.toys.ie/Search3/Shop_Product_List.aspx?SH=QT13d2V_Qj13d2V_RD00OH5FPTFeMV4wXn5IPUV1cm9_ST1bTm9uZV1_Sz00fkw9MX5NPTJ_Tj0zfg&SI=be99f826-2c29-4845-909d-8bb3c9fdd783&LAP=0&Action=9&Ascending=false&did=&category=&subcat=&Profile=Euro&ppagesize=48

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

If you're looking for DVDs then you should also check out Golden Discs, they usually have some decent boxsets for around the €8 mark and PPVs for €5 or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

What's the soonest that sky sports show raw and Smackdown? Days, times and channels please so I can series link!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

What's the soonest that sky sports show raw and Smackdown? Days, times and channels please so I can series link!
    Raw does be on live at 2am while Smackdown does be on Friday's. The time tends to vary.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Raw is shown live on Sky Sports 3 every Tuesday morning at 2am.

Smackdown is a recorded show which airs at 10pm Friday nights on Sky Sports 3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

If it is a 3 hour RAW which it is this week then it will start at 1am

Advertisement