Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q&A thread - Your Questions Answered! **no chat**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Raw is shown live on Sky Sports 3 every Tuesday morning at 2am.

Smackdown is a recorded show which airs at 10pm Friday nights on Sky Sports 3.

Exactly what I was looking for! Thanks very much

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭mtjm

Can I ask why did Ric Flair Bring the WCW title to the WWF, why did it take so long for WWF to blur it out and what was the story behind it was he meant to bring it etc..

Thanks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

mtjm wrote: »
    Can I ask why did Ric Flair Bring the WCW title to the WWF, why did it take so long for WWF to blur it out and what was the story behind it was he meant to bring it etc..

Thanks

Long and annoyingly complicated story short:

WCW was using the NWA World Title as their world title. When he left WCW to go to the WWF, Flair took the physical belt because his deposit of $25,000 he paid to the NWA was not returned. After the deposit plus interest was paid, the belt was returned to the NWA. Soon after, Flair was wearing another title belt on WWF TV but it was censored.

Do WWE dark matches ever progress storylines and feuds or is all that saved for the cameras?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,012 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Do WWE dark matches ever progress storylines and feuds or is all that saved for the cameras?

Diesel beat Bob Backlund on a house show for the WWF title back in the day, but generally no.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

House Show's might get a title change, but dark matches are just try outs or bonus matches for the live crowd. They mean nothing in terms of storylines.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Often also, dark matches will serve as a dry-run for an upcoming PPV match so they can work out any kinks or practice spots. For example at the recent Raw taping in London, our dark match main event was Punk V Jericho who were due to face each other at the next PPV for the title

x43r0 wrote: »
    For example at the recent Raw taping in London, our dark match main event was Punk V Jericho who were due to face each other at the next PPV for the title

So out of interest, did the PPV match follow a simular structure as in the dark match?
    Was it a rehearsal in other words?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

So out of interest, did the PPV match follow a simular structure as in the dark match?
    Was it a rehearsal in other words?

IIRC yes, the main spots and finish was the same as the PPV but the match length was shorter

When is Ryback going to stop beating up twinks and face some real competition?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

When is Ryback going to stop beating up twinks and face some real competition?

Considering it took months for Clay to face someone serious, and even then it was the Miz, I wouldn't expect it to happen any time soon.

Annoyingly, I quite dig his character right now but there's only so many times he can do his finisher on multiple people before it's just not impressive any more...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I wonder are they following the Goldberg blueprint with Ryback, giving him all these jobbers to destroy. I suppose the problem with him facing someone further up the card is that as soon as he destroys them, that's their credibility destroyed too.

Id love to see Ziggler sell for him !

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Is brock gone from the wwe again ?

No.

Still scheduled to have a match with HHH at Summerslam.

As per reporter Dave Meltzer:
    As far as WWE goes, we keep being told that SummerSlam will be his last PPV of the year and he’ll be back either for Rumble, or Mania, as we’ve had contradictory stories about him having two or three major matches left on his current contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

No he only has a limited number of dates in his contract, so we're going to have extended periods without him. I'd expect they'll probably bring him back in the lead up to Summerslam to build for a match with Triple H.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,833 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

No he only has a limited number of dates in his contract, so we're going to have extended periods without him. I'd expect they'll probably bring him back in the lead up to Summerslam to build for a match with Triple H.

Especially with Triple H due to appear at No Way Out expect him to continue the build to their Summerslam match :)

lockie1983 wrote: »
    Especially with Triple H due to appear at No Way Out expect him to continue the build to their Summerslam match :)

But as Meltzer & Alverez pointed out they realistically did zero to push that appearance on Sunday on the 3 hour Raw which is kinda fishy.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,833 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

rovert wrote: »
    But as Meltzer & Alverez pointed out they realistically did zero to push that appearance on Sunday on the 3 hour Raw which is kinda fishy.

Prob best they didn't push it, they should be trying to sell the PPV based off the matches and not a promo to be used to chew up time, last time I checked its still on the WWE website he'll be making an appearance.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Has Rey Mysterio ever been a heel while WWE?

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    Has Rey Mysterio ever been a heel while WWE?

Nope. He had a short run in WCW but the vast majority of the time he is baby face. He's too popular to turn heel, and at this stage, nobody would buy it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Whatever happened to the Suicide character in TNA? Did they just drop it or was he ever unveiled or anything?

Also, what is JR's backstage reputation like? I've always thought of him as being a well respected, good guy but I read something recently where a former writer said that when he met JR in person, he could see why Vince etc often made fun of him in meetings.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Is there any relation between Tensai (Matt Bloom) and Beau Beverley, one of the Beverley Brothers (Wayne Bloom)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

whos the head writer in the wwe ?

Whatever happened to the Suicide character in TNA? Did they just drop it or was he ever unveiled or anything?

Also, what is JR's backstage reputation like? I've always thought of him as being a well respected, good guy but I read something recently where a former writer said that when he met JR in person, he could see why Vince etc often made fun of him in meetings.

I was thinking this exact thing the other day! :D

I think Kiyoshi is the last person I seen under the mask and even then it was a part time thing.

Surely Big Johnny will be back as GM of Raw and Smackdown again soon?

He was the best GM since Eric Bischoff IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Why was Sylvester Terkay put on tv and who was backing him?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

What is the general consensus towards Goldberg? I missed his WCW tenure, but I was mesmerised by him when he came to WWE. I loved the whole entrance and of course his power and explosiveness in the ring.

I just ask as I've seen negative feelings towards him, here and elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

A combination or multiple injuries & TNA losing interest in the character. Both Kaz & Daniels were injured under the hood. He was actually only brought in to hype the TNA iMPACT video game, as he was the new protagonist in the game's story mode. It's a shame, I absolutely loved Suicide & thought i'd be a fun Hurricane-like superhero.

Recent news snippets suggest JR is not actually a nice guy but is still respected. Apparently he's a bit holier-than-thou & an ex-creative guy, by the end of his tenure in WWE, got why Vince constantly made fun of JR on camera. It was also noted that while he was VP of Talent Relations, he made Johnny Ace fire people (i.e. do his dirty work).
    Charisteas wrote: »
    Is there any relation between Tensai (Matt Bloom) and Beau Beverley, one of the Beverley Brothers (Wayne Bloom)?

Nope, just same surname.
    ricero wrote: »
    whos the head writer in the wwe ?

Ultimately Vince decides what goes out on TV. But he has a large creative team (about 12 revolving door writers), but those with real power to make things happen are Stephanie McMahon, Triple H, Brian Gerwitz (who writes a lot of the awful comedy), Johnny Ace (if he chose to) and Kevin Dunn (who overs the TV aspect).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Surely Big Johnny will be back as GM of Raw and Smackdown again soon?

I'm sure Johnny will find another spot on TV, I very much doubt Vince is done with him yet. Most likely when they run out of weekly guest GMs; or he becomes Teddy's assistant.
    GTR63 wrote: »
    Why was Sylvester Terkay put on tv and who was backing him?

He's a big jacked up dude with a good look and a legit amateur background (he lost to Kurt Angle in 92; but won the 93 NCAA championship) and has a MMA record of 3-1. Definitely worth a try.
    Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    What is the general consensus towards Goldberg? I missed his WCW tenure, but I was mesmerised by him when he came to WWE. I loved the whole entrance and of course his power and explosiveness in the ring.

I just ask as I've seen negative feelings towards him, here and elsewhere.

If you liked his WWE run -which is generally shat upon by everyone- you'll LOVE his WCW run. It was absolutely phenomenal, never duplicated - a rare instance of WCW doing something far superior to WWE. He was an absolute monster with an incredible look, hype and booking, until WCW broke his winning streak. His entrance was WCW's best IMO. Much like the Warrior, he was also a dangerous worker, worked stiff, and ended Bret Hart's career via concussion. Beyond his (admittedly awesome) catchphrase, he wasn't exactly The Rock on the microphone. He also couldn't work a decent match (unless he was squashing people in minutes flat) so his main-event run was never going to work in WWE. Negatives aside, he was insanely popular in WCW and was booked and came off as an instant legend.

In my opinion, WWE sadly had no intention of booking him to his strengths (therefore setting him up to fail in WWE) and instead was used to serve HHH's ego and also get fans to stop asking for Goldberg. His long matches & losses (ESPECIALLY at the Elimination Chamber) meant that by the time he did lift the world championship, people stopped caring. Shame.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

I've asked before but didn't get an answer. Just looking for your opinion on which dirtsheet is better to sign up for. Meltzers or Kellers. Tbh I like Wades podcasts and Dave is good on LAW etc. I'm mainly interested in looking at news from the late 80's up to late 90's. Thanks in advance for your replys.

Advertisement