Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q&A thread - Your Questions Answered! **no chat**

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Just wanted clarification on this....Am I right in saying that in America, Raw is on USA Network at 9 and Smackdown is on the CW at 9 as well? Or has that changed in the last two years?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,321 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Smackdown is on Syfy for a start

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Does Hulk Hogan still get a massive reception in America? Just wondering because (Spoilered just in case)
    When he comes out to talk to Austin Aries on Impact on the 14th the place blows up

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Just wanted clarification on this....Am I right in saying that in America, Raw is on USA Network at 9 and Smackdown is on the CW at 9 as well? Or has that changed in the last two years?

Raw's on at 9 eastern/8 central (Chicago region) on USA, SmackDown's on at 8/7 central on SyFy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Raw will soon be starting at 8pm Eastern when they go to regular 3 hour shows.

Teamshadowclan, if you're asking because you're heading over there, it's worth noting that there are seven USA time zone.

(BST = British Summer Time.)

Atlantic - BST -4 hours
    Eastern - BST -5 hours
    Central - BST -6 hours
    Mountain - BST -7 hours
    Pacific - BST -8 hours
    Alaska - BST -9 hours
    Hawaii - BST -10 hours

• Advertisement

It's Orlando, which I think is 5 hours behind....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

It's Orlando, which I think is 5 hours behind....

Yeah, it's 5 hours back so Raw would be on at 9 and Smackdown on at 8

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    Does Hulk Hogan still get a massive reception in America?

Pretty much.

And deservedly so.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Yes, he deserves to be laughed at and heckled, and made to dress up and embarrass himself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

smackdown hasn't been on cw since 2008, it moved to mynetworktv in october of that year and moved to syfy (cable tv for the first time) in october 2010

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Is there an actual reason as to why they dont show SD on saturday mornings anymore on sky? That used to be essential viewing.

I wonder was it making the roundup shows pointless, and also, they were so heavily edited?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Was D-lo Brown's chestplate a gimmick or did he need to use it...i'm bored at the minute and thought i'd ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

GTR63 wrote: »
    Was D-lo Brown's chestplate a gimmick or did he need to use it...i'm bored at the minute and thought i'd ask.
    I'm sure I read somewhere it was used to hide all the weight he had gained.

It was used in a storyline, that he had ripped his pecs muscles.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,137 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Was there any champion that either won accidentally, maybe through a gimmick match or Battle Royal or won due to his/her opponent getting injured during the match which meant they had to get the title off them?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,012 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I'm still convinced Sheamus' first title win was an accident. The finish just looked like Cena slipped and fell through the table.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭bobby_says_hi

New Year's Revolution 2006 Lita tore her ACL in the match with Trish Stratus. this was Trish's rematch so Lita was presumably going to retain the title but she could barely stand so Trish had to go over and win the title back

WrestleMania 2000 in the Hardcore battle royal there was a time limit and whoever had gotten the last fall before it ran out would win the title. Crash Holly was meant to win but the time ran out and Hardcore Holly had the last fall so he won the title by accident

Not an accidental victory, just accidental timing at Judgement Day 2000. Triple H vs The Rock for the WWF Championship in an Iron Man Match. Rock was Champion going into the match, and when the 60 minutes expired and the buzzer sounded, the match was scored at 5-5, so Rock should have retained. Undertaker then proceeded to give a Tombstone to Triple H after the buzzer, but the special guest referee (Shawn Michaels) disqualified Rock due to outside interference and gave the score to Triple H, meaning Trips won the match 6-5 and became the new WWF Champion.

Shawn Michaels screwed The Rock :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Was there any champion that either won accidentally, maybe through a gimmick match or Battle Royal or won due to his/her opponent getting injured during the match which meant they had to get the title off them?

I think Men on a Mission won the WWF Tag Titles by accident against the Quebecers when Mabel literally fell on one of them and the pin was made. The straps were quickly dropped back to the Canadians at the next opportunity.

• Advertisement

Whats the deal with Jesse Ventura's commentary being edited out of "The best of the clash of the champions" DVD?

His commentary is also edited out on the Mick Foley DVD I have (Greatest hits and misses).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Whats the deal with Jesse Ventura's commentary being edited out of "The best of the clash of the champions" DVD?

I imagine it's to prevent him getting royalties. But seeing as he's on WM boxsets of recent years there's nothing preventing WWE from having him in other than money. A relevant tidbit :

When Jesse resigned with the WWF in 1987, he waived the VHS royalties, as Vince McMahon flat-out lied and told him that commentators only get paid for live shows (not home video). When he found out years later, he successfully sued the WWF and got over $800k as compensation.

All this and more on OSW Review guys ;) ha ha!

Does anyone know what exactly Clash Time is, and did it ever make it to TV? A YouTube search only brings up a few interviews, maybe that's all it is?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1929560/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

WWE's show on the Mainland Europe version on Eurosport to the best of my knowledge.

Yep it is:

Wow I'd imagine that gets kind of annoying to have those 2 guys just talking over the promos, even if you can't speak English, subtitles would be a whole lot better I'd've thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,137 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Is there any set rule for wrestlers staying in character while doing interviews? Under what circumstances can they break character?
    I prefer to read interviews with wrestlers when they're just being themselves and talking about who they like to work with, etc as opposed to guys who just seem to be slagging off their upcoming opponent.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,954 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Under what circumstances can they break character?

16ived1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Andy_rse

Are all the wwe champions responsible for their belts outside of the shows and appearances? ie do they take them home and travel with them? I remember ages ago on raw during a backstage segment/brawl you could see all the belts laid out on a table by the gorilla position which led me to wonder if they were all kept together when not in use.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,954 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Andy_rse wrote: »
    Are all the wwe champions responsible for their belts outside of the shows and appearances? ie do they take them home and travel with them? I remember ages ago on raw during a backstage segment/brawl you could see all the belts laid out on a table by the gorilla position which led me to wonder if they were all kept together when not in use.

As far as I know, in the modern era, it's at the discretion of the performer. I vaguely recall hearing Nash and Punk stories about having a dodgy time trying to get a championship belt through customs. Then you see someone like Vader, who wouldn't even bring the WCW title to PPV press-conferences.

• Advertisement

I think I read somewhere that there's two copies of the belts; a HD version and a standard version.

The HD version is transported to TV shows by WWE. The standard are carried by preformers, and are used at house shows and the likes. There's been instances in the past where the HD versions have gone missing and have been replaced on TV with the lower quality versions.

Advertisement